CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wat? Lets go over the end of a 2v2 BR only match

• Player 1: 30 kills 19 deaths | +11 K/D spread
  • Player 2: 12 kills 2 deaths | +10 K/D spread
Player 2 got a 6.0 K/D. Player 1 got a 1.5 K/D because he rushed immediately after respawning meleeing everyone in sight. Yet, with K/D spread, player 1 looks like the MVP of the match. It's misleading. K/D ratio trumps spread every time.

Im someone who trys to save on deaths more so like player 2 but il tell you this. The aggressive players open a lot of things up. You need a player like that as much as anything. Enable is really passive player for example but the aggressive players around him make the most of his skillset.

I think there's two types of players. Those who try to create favorable in game situations and those who look for openings to react to and pounce on based on whats happening around them. Its good to have a balance of bothyour team

Don't know if it has been posted yet but seems like ranks will be added to the rest of the playlists once the issues are fixed so hopefully this wednesday.

Okay, well people supporting K/D spread over K/D ratio is news to me. Whatever. Either include a K/D ratio or not a K/D at all, but not a misleading statistic like K/D spread. Halo is the only shooter I know of that does this and I find it silly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know if it has been posted yet but seems like ranks will be added to the rest of the playlists once the issues are fixed so hopefully this wednesday.

That's a misleading post. Yes, ranks and additional playlists will be added "after" the MM issues are sorted, meaning the MM issues are their priority right now. I wouldn't expect Ranks or Additional Playlists (aside from the original playlists) to be added before the new year.

Am I blind or did you kill the guy to your left which resulted in a triple kill? You weren't even aiming at him and he somehow died by you o.O

I agree with that, but the solution to that problem isn't to emphasize a misleading statistic like K/D spread. The solution is to not include any sort of K/D at all and just the kills and deaths.

Yea idk, I don't really care too much 1 way or the other. I can usually judge for myself how well a player actually did based on their stats. 

Well hopefully it's fixed Wednesday but there is no way we are getting ranks Wednesday or even this week for that matter...or next.

I don't care about ranks and playlist update right now. First things first, get this shit sorted so we can find games, not get split, no more uneven teams, ect just so we can play the game first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care about ranks and playlist update right now. First things first, get this shit sorted so we can find games, not get split, no more uneven teams, ect just so we can play the game first.

I just want more CE, even if I'm not playing the exact same version all of you played more than I had (LAN-wise). :-(

Am I blind or did you kill the guy to your left which resulted in a triple kill? You weren't even aiming at him and he somehow died by you o.O

My guess is that the red player's teammate killed him accidentally, giving Society the kill since he put damage into him earlier.

Player 2 got a 6.0 K/D. Player 1 got a 1.5 K/D because he rushed immediately after respawning meleeing everyone in sight. Yet, with K/D spread, player 1 looks like the MVP of the match. It's misleading. K/D ratio trumps spread every time.

Halo is the only game I know of that does this. Quake, UT, CoD, CS all use K/D ratio because it makes sense.

Nah, most kills = best player. 

Does anyone else think that maybe 343 just doesn't have the right people to get these projects finished?

Having one game flop as a AAA developer is one thing (Halo 4) but having your next shot at it completely fail even worse than the first is just an embarrassment. When it comes to the community and the direction they want to go in I think they are doing a great job. I was so happy knowing people like Bravo, Ghost, Quinn, Joshua Menke and many other pro players were working on our beloved franchise. The problem is that the "finished product" is literally never actually finished with 343. They have released one Beta (Halo 4) and one Alpha (Halo MCC) game.

What was wrong with halo4 at launch? The only thing they added later on was fileshare's right? I don't remember cuz I sold it a week after launch cuz its really only a halo game in name. Besides the bad design decisions the game ran smoothly right? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

What was wrong with halo4 at launch? The only thing they added later on was fileshare's right? I don't remember cuz I sold it a week after launch cuz its really only a halo game in name. Besides the bad design decisions the game ran smoothly right? 

There was the issue of the lobby just breaking and bugging out from so many people playing. Then there were all the map exploits. But it doesn't even come close to the failure of MCC.

Are people seriously still having trouble finding games? I mean, wait times are still pretty lengthy compared to any other Halo but I never seem to have to wait more than 10 mins between games now. I am fairly confident of finding them within that timespan as long as I keep resetting the search after 2 mins of searching. Even found a few matches in BTB today which I haven't been able to do since launch.

Also, I gotta say that gungoose ctf is a fun addition from 343. Had a blast playing that earlier.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Got home

Fired up the xbox

Instantly found a game in halo 3 playlist

Can only get better with the patch

You are the only person getting matches and you say so every post. Kind of annoying at this point.

I'm convinced you either are a genie or a 343 plant.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo CE on MCC is no better than playing Halo PC with a controller.....let's be honest.

- weapons can be picked up while empty instead of them just disappearing

- Noises when damage is dealt causing you to know if someone is around the corner after tossing a nade.

- Nade explosions sound like an atom bomb went off. Bring back OG Xbox sounds.

- Pistoling off-host is horrible with shots not even registering. No way to see your off host ping.

-I picked up OS once on Battle Creek and fell through the map. Same thing happened on HH.

- Camo is broken, too easy to see.

- Starting with 2 nades on 2v2 CE instead of 4

- Changing team color is a 3 step process....

- Can't see players on my friends within the CE roster list when trying to invite them.

-In custom games, they don't split party chat between the teams, you have to make your own party, then re-invite.

- After custom game ends, most of the time someone is kicked from the lobby and it takes forever to get them back in the game.

-Weapons spawn 90 degrees off.

-Timer is off

-Portal in chill out doesn't spawn in right spot on the bridge, it spawns you in the hall instead of main room.

- I can't hear nades when they land near me, sound is very faint. At least in OG Xbox, you could jump if you heard a nade behind you.

- Can tell when shields are broken when shooting someone.

- Can't save custom game types, have go select every option again.

- At times in custom games I would move very fast, other times movement was very slow.

-2v2 playlist isn't up and even if it was, it would take forever to find a game.

In 4v4 the spawns are broken. My team had top blue, and we would kill a few guys and they would spawn top blue when the other 2 guys were no where near top blue.

- Rocket splash damage has taken a hit. Several times I've hit near the feet of the opponent while hosting and they did not die.

- Can't get out of the maps like go on top of the map due to an invisible barrier.

All in all, this has to be the worst port job I've ever seen. It would be one thing if there never was a halo PC and they were going right from OG Xbox to this, but 343 didn't even port the PC version correctly! Honestly, who the hell beta tested this with all of its flaws?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7778-dedicated-website-for-tracking-halo-ce-gameplay-issues-in-mcc/

a lot of these are duplicates, but help us out and document anything that isnt already here.

Halo is the only game I know of that does this. Quake, UT, CoD, CS all use K/D ratio because it makes sense.

I see this going both ways here obv, Even tho player 2's KD is higher  player one still did all the leg work by getting twice as many kills likely winning them the game. Bottom line, some one has to do the dirty work and get the kills.. 

I hit him twice earlier, he must have gotten naded by himself of teammate.

You are the only person getting matches and you say so every post. Kind of annoying at this point.

I'm convinced you either are a genie or a 343 plant.

Guess i am a genie brah

aVRtL40.jpg?1

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yooo how have you found this many games

I just do a regular search....no customs and backing out then searching.

And that's only total games won?? How many is it with loses?

No idea. I think i win 80-85% of my games though.

This is why i am confident the patch coming Wednesday be a success and have good results for the rest of you guys. It's a lot of games that i have gotten but that's not even counting the times i have gotten 0 games when searching for a long time.

I just do a regular search....no customs and backing out then searching.

No idea. I think i win 80-85% of my games though.

This is why i am confident the patch coming Wednesday be a success and have good results for the rest of you guys. It's a lot of games that i have gotten but that's not even counting the times i have gotten 0 games when searching for a long time.

343 employee spotted

• Upvote (+1) 3