CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Man, it seems like everyone is having 1000x the issues i & my close group of friends have ever had with the MCC... Guess we're lucky. 

Haven't waited more then 10 minutes for a MM game, and 3/5 times it's even teams and fair (All in HCS playlist). Been playing customs with next to zero issues. There are a couple times we've had to make new lobbies because someone couldn't get in that we wanted in, but that's only happened a few times. And only twice has our custom game lobby gotten split apart. Both times it just so happened after 6 straight games... My game has only frozen/crashed maybe 3-4 times. All my files/game types have saved fine. 

The only issue iv'e continuously had is the splitting of parties after leaving match making. I have not played any Campaigns though so i cannot comment on those issues.

343 tried to make Halo 4 accessible, but in MCC they tried it the other way around and just made everyone disabled.

didnt find games for a good 2 hours, then my rank got reset and i'm now finding games at decent speed again

100% to 100%.

Individual skill and teammwork are not mutually exclusive. Having more teammwork doesn't mean you have less individual skill; they are two seperate buckets that each player fills in different ways. This is why I always laugh at the "Halo 2 had more teamwork" argument. Halo 2 didn't have more teammwork, it had less individual skill so that teammwork became more pronouced.

A player with individual skill in Halo CE can often overcome a team with good teammwork and visa-versa. Not so in any other Halo game.

This answer was great and I highly appreciate it.

I saved some clips from the past few times I've played CE in MCC and reviewed them and I don't think I'm going out of my way to play it again until I'm certain 343 has it running at full capacity.

There is serious bullshit at play. Not bullshit relating to how much you lead your shots off host to a far ping, either. The game is dropping a lot, A LOT of shots. Stuff like shooting a guy 15 feet away, with a guy walking consistently to one direction, you lead with the front edge of your reticule to compensate for ping, and half the shots land. It's the exact same shot lead you should be utilizing, at the same range.

Compare that with the host getting a slew of casual 3 shots from anywhere on the map and it's just not an experience I can support. I truly hope 343 addresses it in a big way, because it's so much more than just ping and shot lead.

Secondly, I'm impressed with how Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo 3 play online. The netcode is great when the game doesn't totally glitch out.

I have spoken out a lot against Halo 3 over the years, but I actually find myself okay with the game. I complain very little now that the aiming seems better somehow and the netcode is way cleaner. Part of that is also due to Halo 4 sucking as badly as it did, as has the CE in MCC so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

not found a game in 3 hours now.....

Ya same here, fuck this shit. I wish I had bought a physical copy so I could crack it in half and throw it out the window. Would've been a more enjoyable experience than anything so far in the MCC.

And I can pull 4 shots across Narrows in Halo 3.

Doesn't make the Halo 3 BR accurate, and your clip doesn't make the CE netcode acceptable. It's actually still sorta wonky even in that clip.

But I am glad it is fun for some, and I hope it gets better.

not found a game in 3 hours now.....

For me it keeps saying I can't connect because the session is full... sick of this shit.  Wednesday update better fix this.  Do we know what time on wednesday?

What if you got a game and then got put back in the search lobby? 

:kappa:

I had no carnage report.

:gandhi:

I like K/D spread more. Better for quickly looking at everyone's at the end of a game. Easier to look at, and what really matters. 

Wat? Lets go over the end of a 2v2 BR only match

• Player 1: 30 kills 19 deaths | +11 K/D spread
  • Player 2: 12 kills 2 deaths | +10 K/D spread

Player 2 got a 6.0 K/D. Player 1 got a 1.5 K/D because he rushed immediately after respawning meleeing everyone in sight. Yet, with K/D spread, player 1 looks like the MVP of the match. It's misleading. K/D ratio trumps spread every time.

Halo is the only game I know of that does this. Quake, UT, CoD, CS all use K/D ratio because it makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wednesdays patch better fix the matchmaking or I am going to be so pissed. It's stupid that in 2 hours I have found 1 games. Like wtf, ONE games!

Have you tried going to the h2c customs lobby if you haven't found a game in 4 minutes?

For me it keeps saying I can't connect because the session is full... sick of this shit.  Wednesday update better fix this.  Do we know what time on wednesday?

same here dude, haven't found a game ever since that small patch that was on thursday or friday. All im doing now is customs and trying to get all them nameplates 

Player 2 got a 6.0 K/D. Player 1 got a 1.5 K/D because he rushed immediately after respawning meleeing everyone in sight. Yet, with K/D spread, player 1 looks like the MVP of the match. It's misleading. K/D ratio trumps spread every time.

I think stats in general are misleading in a team game. Player contribution cannot be accurately distilled into stats. Are they fun to look at and analyze? Sure, but I think many people put too much stock in a post-game carnage report. In your example, it's very likely that Player 2 got many of their kills as a result of Player 1 being more aggressive.

And I can pull 4 shots across Narrows in Halo 3.

Doesn't make the Halo 3 BR accurate, and your clip doesn't make the CE netcode acceptable. It's actually still sorta wonky even in that clip.

But I am glad it is fun for some, and I hope it gets better.

Please record a H3 4 shot across narrows. Don't even care if the player isn't moving.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Got home

Fired up the xbox

Instantly found a game in halo 3 playlist

Can only get better with the patch

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol, CE should have 2v2, 4v4 and stay in the BTB playlist.

It would be nice to have 2v2 slayer and 4v4 objective.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bravo said on Twitter late Tuesday/early Wednesday. So it'll probably arrive really early on Wednesday. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think stats in general are misleading in a team game. Player contribution cannot be accurately distilled into stats. Are they fun to look at and analyze? Sure, but I think many people put too much stock in a post-game carnage report. In your example, it's very likely that Player 2 got many of their kills as a result of Player 1 being more aggressive.

I'm not saying that stats define skill, but stat wise, K/D ratio is the best determinant of that, and certainly more accurate than K/D spread.

Halo is the only game I know of that does this. Quake, UT, CoD, CS all use K/D ratio because it makes sense.

I would say it's the mentality that some people get when K/D ratio is involved. Someone starts off 6 kill 1 death they feel like they should camp so they get a great ratio. I don't see this mentality with K/D spread for whatever reason. 

I've played Halo 3 LAN and well as dedicated servers in the MCC, there is no way in hell Halo 3 can get better registration on dedicated servers than it can on LAN. I've seen bloodshot after bloodshot on LAN in Halo 3. I've already had at least 4 bloodshots in H3 in the MCC. Direct headshots, out in the open, blood comes out, no kill. H3 is by far the worst game in the series as far as registration, even in the MCC.

I would say it's the mentality that some people get when K/D ratio is involved. Someone starts off 6 kill 1 death they feel like they should camp so they get a great ratio. I don't see this mentality with K/D spread for whatever reason. 

I agree with that, but the solution to that problem isn't to emphasize a misleading statistic like K/D spread. The solution is to not include any sort of K/D at all and just the kills and deaths.