CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm at work and on my phone so I haven't had a chance to check it out but how would I go about donating without competing?

Been there, done that. In that topic, today's patch in destiny fixes  many things, Bungie is actually doing things community asked for, who would've thought.

lol Yea like having the Iron banner actually be what it was advertised to be. And finally adding voice chat which every single other game always has at launch. (apart from MCC haha) Who would of thought they finally started to change things after 2 months of everyone raging about the game? lol

What would you guys say the ratio of individual skill to teamwork is in CE?

100% to 100%.

Individual skill and teammwork are not mutually exclusive. Having more teammwork doesn't mean you have less individual skill; they are two seperate buckets that each player fills in different ways. This is why I always laugh at the "Halo 2 had more teamwork" argument. Halo 2 didn't have more teammwork, it had less individual skill so that teammwork became more pronouced.

A player with individual skill in Halo CE can often overcome a team with good teammwork and visa-versa. Not so in any other Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Argh, I hate it when you find like 3 games in a row then it's back to normal, how does that even happen?

Wednesdays patch better fix the matchmaking or I am going to be so pissed. It's stupid that in 2 hours I have found 1 games. Like wtf, ONE games!

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol Yea like having the Iron banner actually be what it was advertised to be. And finally adding voice chat which every single other game always has at launch. (apart from MCC haha) Who would of thought they finally started to change things after 2 months of everyone raging about the game? lol

2 months, that is almost nothing compared to Devs like DICE who took 1 year to fix BF4 or Respawn who finally decided to ass RANKS to Titanfall. Let me know when you can play MCC without problems.

2 months, that is almost nothing compared to Devs like DICE who took 1 year to fix BF4 or Respawn who finally decided to ass RANKS to Titanfall. Let me know when you can play MCC without problems.

All of your comparisons were to other broken games at launch except for Titanfall. Its still something really bad compared to all the other games that release that aren't broken. 2 months is still really bad to finally add voice chat. And they still completely lied about the first Iron Banner and pretty much the entire game itself. "The game doesn't really start till you reach light level 20" hahaha yea bullshit, no that's when the grinding starts. Not to mention they completely fucked up the raid with their "fix" which no one wanted. They're not really listening as much as they are finally making the game what it should have been at launch. 

Basically I'm  :salt:  over how bad Destiny turned out to be haha

And make Halo 5 like Halo CE :D

And make Halo CE play more like Halo CE. So far CE on the MCC has been a huge disappointment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO, Halo CE even in it's current state in MCC is more skillful that the better port over of Halo 2. Halo 2 is still fun and more skillful that all the other games in the collection though. But CE still takes more skill and knowledge of how to play it than H2.

There are plenty of people complaining about the shots not registering in CE but if you ever played XBC back in the day, you know it could be way worse.

I'll take halo 2 over CE in this collection any day of the week. Frequent Shots not registering automatically nullifys any competitive merit it has for me. Don't understand how anyone could say it is more skillful than halo 2 with that problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I'll take halo 2 over CE in this collection any day of the week. Frequent Shots not registering automatically nullifys any competitive merit it has for me. Don't understand how anyone could say it is more skillful than halo 2 with that problem.

That's a netcode problem...not an actual CE problem....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't ever put Halo PC in the same arena as Halo CE Xbox. Those hitnoises are part of a bigger problem.

All of your comparisons were to other broken games at launch except for Titanfall. Its still something really bad compared to all the other games that release that aren't broken. 2 months is still really bad to finally add voice chat. And they still completely lied about the first Iron Banner and pretty much the entire game itself. "The game doesn't really start till you reach light level 20" hahaha yea bullshit, no that's when the grinding starts. Not to mention they completely fucked up the raid with their "fix" which no one wanted. They're not really listening as much as they are finally making the game what it should have been at launch. 

Basically I'm  :salt:  over how bad Destiny turned out to be haha

I dont blame you, I was just as salty when they made Atheon random, but 2 months is much better than 1 year or even 6 months, considering the lifespan Destiny might have, unlike MCC which 343i (and MLG/ESL/Iron Gaming/UMG/UGC/PGL) will throw away next year because Halo 5 is going to arrive(and it will be inferior than the game we currently have[when it works]).

Halo used to be like the perfect guy. I remember being all fidgety in my seat at school just so I could go home and spend hours alone with him. I could sit there, for hours just sitting there in the pregame lobby, not saying a word to one another. We'd gather friends and just hang out, having the times of our lives. Over years, something changed, the relationship got cold. I now found myself in an abusive relationship, never would I have thought I'd be in this situation. This is something that only happens in the movies I thought, this couldn't be happening to me. My friends worried about me day in and day out, saying "This can't continue, not like this...you need to leave him." I could never bring myself to leave him, he's been there for me since I was 9 years old, but I knew deep down that it needed to stop. However, I found myself going back to him, no matter how poorly he treated me. What's wrong with me? This needs to stop.

November 11th, 2014...I walked through the door, sat down with a sigh of relief. The sound of "#WeBack" echoed in my mind as I ripped the thin layer of plastic off of my newly purchased master chief collection. This is it, I thought to myself...this is where the relationship turns around. I pictured a bright future, countless nights spent only in each other's company, loving every moment of it.

I now sit here, in front of all of you, broken and ashamed. How could I have fallen for him again, he promised me a bright future, but they were all lies.

I could have gone to the CoD frat and hit it off with someone new...but my friends tell me all those guys are the same. I knew in the back of my mind that halo was the man for me, but my spirit is weak and the strength of my love for him is brittle.

He told me Wednesday would be different. So here I am, waiting...and I will go back because I am weak, because my fond memories of us together overshadow how he has wronged me.

lol, I feel ya. Halo 1 is the love of my life but I feel like we've been in a long distance relationship for awhile now and Master Chief collection was going to be us moving in together. Rocky start :/ but I'm in this for the long haul.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Was something done today that has turned matchmaking back to being absolutely impossible to find games? The last two days I was finding games typically within 5 minutes(keep in mind unfair teams and other issues still being a major issue but I was still finding games), and now today I've been searching for over an hour and I haven't found anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont blame you, I was just as salty when they made Atheon random, but 2 months is much better than 1 year or even 6 months, considering the lifespan Destiny might have, unlike MCC which 343i (and MLG/ESL/Iron Gaming/UMG/UGC/PGL) will throw away next year because Halo 5 is going to arrive(and it will be inferior than the game we currently have[when it works]).

2 months is much better than 1 year or 6 months. Consider though when you talk about lifespan things like DLC. Destiny has no lifespan without DLC. Given how much content there is in MCC, I would consider it's lifespan to be well above that of Destiny for $60. One Halo campaign alone is well above the campaign content of Destiny let alone FOUR.  

Also 343i isn't going to "throw away" MCC. Sure they're going to switch to Halo 5 for tournaments, but do you really think that's the same thing as throwing it away?? They're still going to have dedicated servers, ranked playlists, customs games (which Destiny does not have), etc all for MCC. That's not thowing away at all to me. 

Was something done today that has turned matchmaking back to being absolutely impossible to find games? The last two days I was finding games typically within 5 minutes(keep in mind unfair teams and other issues still being a major issue but I was still finding games), and now today I've been searching for over an hour and I haven't found anything.

I'm experiencing the same phenomenon.

Are the servers offline for 2 hours already from matches every 5 min to waiting 2 hours with no success :/

Also my game has crashed 3 times in the last 5 minutes just using the menus.

Scratch that my game just crashed for a fourth time. This is the worst fucking game I have ever purchased. ET was more fun.

So I left my search on for 30 minutes while I left to drop a family member off at work came back, and no game. *le sigh*