CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No, Halo 2 died because they stopped letting us play on Xbox live with it. I would still be playing Halo 2 today if they had never took it off of Xbox live.

To be fair, at the end the matchmaking was a hot mess. I was playing the week they were shutting the servers down and the only playlist I could actually find games in was the unranked Rumble Pit playlist.

Changing the subject a bit, does anyone else think that a feedback mechanism for the H3 BR would make the game much better? The game does play much better than on the 360, but the BR still doesn't feel "right" to me. The sound of the BR makes the gun sound weak and it's really hard to tell if I'm actually hitting my opponent. Especially on the 360 this combined with the fact that the hit registration was borked would make it feel like the BR was just a trash weapon that didn't work.

But I think that if they added hit markers, it would make the experience a lot better because I would actually know that I'm hitting my target. Also the reticule for the BR in H3 is HUGE, which just compounds the problem.

How hilarious would it be if Wednesday's update breaks the game even more?

I wouldn't be surprised. I honestly have little faith the update will fix anything. I get the impression 343 is like a 5 person team working in a basement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So i have to say i am pretty proud of the community in choosing games- Majority of my games have been h2c BR starts or CE. 

Halo used to be like the perfect guy. I remember being all fidgety in my seat at school just so I could go home and spend hours alone with him. I could sit there, for hours just sitting there in the pregame lobby, not saying a word to one another. We'd gather friends and just hang out, having the times of our lives. Over years, something changed, the relationship got cold. I now found myself in an abusive relationship, never would I have thought I'd be in this situation. This is something that only happens in the movies I thought, this couldn't be happening to me. My friends worried about me day in and day out, saying "This can't continue, not like this...you need to leave him." I could never bring myself to leave him, he's been there for me since I was 9 years old, but I knew deep down that it needed to stop. However, I found myself going back to him, no matter how poorly he treated me. What's wrong with me? This needs to stop.

November 11th, 2014...I walked through the door, sat down with a sigh of relief. The sound of "#WeBack" echoed in my mind as I ripped the thin layer of plastic off of my newly purchased master chief collection. This is it, I thought to myself...this is where the relationship turns around. I pictured a bright future, countless nights spent only in each other's company, loving every moment of it.

I now sit here, in front of all of you, broken and ashamed. How could I have fallen for him again, he promised me a bright future, but they were all lies.

I could have gone to the CoD frat and hit it off with someone new...but my friends tell me all those guys are the same. I knew in the back of my mind that halo was the man for me, but my spirit is weak and the strength of my love for him is brittle.

He told me Wednesday would be different. So here I am, waiting...and I will go back because I am weak, because my fond memories of us together overshadow how he has wronged me.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Does anyone else think that maybe 343 just doesn't have the right people to get these projects finished?

Having one game flop as a AAA developer is one thing (Halo 4) but having your next shot at it completely fail even worse than the first is just an embarrassment. When it comes to the community and the direction they want to go in I think they are doing a great job. I was so happy knowing people like Bravo, Ghost, Quinn, Joshua Menke and many other pro players were working on our beloved franchise. The problem is that the "finished product" is literally never actually finished with 343. They have released one Beta (Halo 4) and one Alpha (Halo MCC) game. It is an embarrassment to the franchise as a whole. Halo was the football of eSports at one point and FPS console gaming in general and now look at it. If Frankie is the head of this he needs to be fired and anyone else who let this happen. They need to be working harder. 

It's their JOB.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anyone else on bumper jumper keep accidentally activating zoom when trying to melee in H1?

The bumper is temperamental enough I guess that I end up clicking in the stick as I desperately hammer the button - which then disables the melee until I zoom out again. It's a shite state of affairs.

All the time. Also often throw a grenade when jumping (ultra-sensitive triggers). I do consider the xbone controller to be a marked improvement (I love the sensitivity of the sticks) over the 360 controller, and for the moment I chalk these mistakes down to old habits and muscle memory.

If I'm still making these mistakes in a few months I'll swallow my words.

Reach multiplayer could sustain getting you into a match within 90 seconds. That is 90 seconds shot to shot. H4 was more like 6+ minutes and hopefully no JIP.

Reach set the bar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just got done reading through the comments... It kills me a little bit inside. Someone points out that having a BR gives you a chance to fight back against power weapons and they say you shouldn't be able to. I get that power weapons are supposed to be powerful but it sounds like they want it to be...pick up rockets and that is a guarantee that they get 3 or more kills.

That style of Halo just does not interest me at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hahaha what was that supposed to be like their coffee or something? 

It was their version of bottled liquid shit. Xavi3r seems to have enjoyed it, I thought it was horrible. It was coffee flavored coke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I agree with this too. Making BR a starting weapon instead of one worth controlling on the map negates all of the dual-wielding and close-quarters action, which is a significant part of the gameplay"

"So BR starts are basically a handicap for people who can't handle another team having power weapons? I don't think that sounds like skill at all."

"No then every game would be Team BRs. I don't like how I can get picked off from across the map. It ruins the close-quarter combat that you get when not everyone has a BR. It dumbs down strategy into who can headshot who the fastest"

WHY

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just got done reading through the comments... It kills me a little bit inside. Someone points out that having a BR gives you a chance to fight back against power weapons and they say you shouldn't be able to. I get that power weapons are supposed to be powerful but it sounds like they want it to be...pick up rockets and that is a guarantee that they get 3 or more kills.

That style of Halo just does not interest me at all.

All things powerful still need balance, hence why BR starts are preferred. As for the dumbass saying, "It dumbs down strategy into who can headshot the fastest" please then tell me why competitive players using competitive strategies (BR tower setup on lockout, pink setup on Midship, or going into H3 where strategies were stupid simple, your Pit set ups, and narrow set ups) absolutely wrecked the casual player regardless of weapon start. These kids want to hold forward and the only have to press the trigger once until it reloads. Get a clue ya dicks.

Who wants to be my partner for this h1 2v2 toruney on thf

Link to the tournament? I could use a 2v2 partner as well. I need to find myself a perm 2v2 partner I can start building chemistry with. If you get a mic I'd down to team with you for it. I don't know how experienced you are with spawns, times, and nade points, but you played pretty smart in the 2v2s we did with Greg and Hard Way.

If someone could find a Screencap of this it would be awesome. No one believes me that it said this

I'm late to the party but there is this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

"I agree with this too. Making BR a starting weapon instead of one worth controlling on the map negates all of the dual-wielding and close-quarters action, which is a significant part of the gameplay"

"So BR starts are basically a handicap for people who can't handle another team having power weapons? I don't think that sounds like skill at all."

"No then every game would be Team BRs. I don't like how I can get picked off from across the map. It ruins the close-quarter combat that you get when not everyone has a BR. It dumbs down strategy into who can headshot who the fastest"

WHY

This is why the SMG looks so OP in Halo 5.

Link to the tournament? I could use a 2v2 partner as well. I need to find myself a perm 2v2 partner I can start building chemistry with. If you get a mic I'd down to team with you for it. I don't know how experienced you are with spawns, times, and nade points, but you played pretty smart in the 2v2s we did with Greg and Hard Way.

I have a mic it wasn't with me at the time though. The only think im iffy about it blocking spawns which i'm sure i can pickup on it. 

Link: http://www.thehaloforum.com/halo-discussion/418499-thf-halo-ce-cf-charity-tournament-announcement-5-more-teams.html

This is why the SMG looks so OP in Halo 5.

I'll have to play it first but from the gameplay i've seen it looks so easy to use.

I'm late to the party but there is this.

Exactly what I needed bro

It was their version of bottled liquid shit. Xavi3r seems to have enjoyed it, I thought it was horrible. It was coffee flavored coke.

hahaha sounds absolutely disgusting 

To be honest most halo games are really only good under very specific circumstances.

Only halo 1 and halo 4 ( oh the irony) actually give you a weapon that  isn't completly useless.

I played beaver creek smg starts yesterday and it was so horrible it was downright comical.

As soon as someone grabbed the sniper they became virtually immortal because you kept spawning outside and getting sniped while you franticly try to hit him with your smg that has an effective range of around arm length.

If on the odd chance I was lucky enough to spawn inside a base, I had to rush outside because my thumbless teammates were endlessly feeding them kills and hope I could nade someone before I get picked off by the only br's on the map, which the enemy team already had.

More or less the same thing happens whenever you get automatics in any other map in either halo 2 or halo 3.

The worst thing about this is it has been plainly apparent since Halo 2, and the lesson still hasn't been learned.

Automatic starts needs to die a painful, agonizing death, and anyone who speaks against it should immediatly be fired.

• Upvote (+1) 2