CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It is the same thing when broken down - Ignore the fact he used a car an an example. The point he is trying to make is this.

> Company advertises an awesome product.

> Consumer buys said product.

> Product does not work as advertised.

> Consumer has the right to be upset because they paid for something that did not work as advertised. To say we should be "thankful" that they even decided to make this product does not make sense because it does not work properly.

Basically nobody wants to pay for broken products - thanking a sales driven company for thinking up the product in the first place is not the way to go and would basically encourage this type of unacceptable behavior in the future.

Thank you, exactly. It's not like we're wanting heads to roll but if another company did this to an older more established market that would raise more noise and serious legal action, 343i would be in serious shit right now. They're lucky that for the most part, the people buying this products are 10 - 30 and lack resources to raise any serious noise around this. 

What 343 does to rectify this massive failure will show how much they really care about the community. Simply fixing the game is not enough at this point. They've broken the trust of the loyal fan base and lost a solid chunk of the casual player base. In my opinion the best way to draw them back in is with free content. I would say a free map but they most likely won't do that because of the hours it would take to make that.

I wonder how many 50-0 h1 2v2 games we are going to see when the playlist launches. Especially if they don't fix the net code and the better team gets host.

Dedicated servers should get rid of the huge host advantage which right now is god status in h1. Really interested in the "investments" 343 is going to be making in CE and how much they'll actually be able to improve the netcode. Right now the pistol mechanics are really off when you're not host, even on LAN.

Many will never get over this failure of a launch. I don't think you quite get it, this was OUR game's last chance to come back to popularity. Remember when Halo 2 ruled as the #1 title for Xbox Live for years at a time? We wanted our community to reach that level of acclaim once again, now its not happening and very well may never happen. Even worse, some of the underlying problems with the way the game is coded are so severe that it's possible some of the issues may never get fixed. People should rage and bitch all they want, people telling them to relax only makes it worse. Many, including myself, are incapable of simply 'getting over it'.

I mean.......it definitely sucks. like there was no actual guaranteed this was gonna bring back the halo 2 days. Halo 2 died cause halo 3 came out and the game got old...We have and pretty shitty looking halo 5 coming out next year. At least we have our own e-sports thing going now. At least halo is back in the sense that its gonna be around online and  tournaments alot more. Im still really excited for the future even with all this. The future is still bright my friend. Stay positive 

A part of me wonders how much of this is a symptom of the instant gratification culture

Don't get me wrong, I'm still really annoyed, but I don't really feel it

But then I'm used to waiting for things

More concerned about the overall population loss than anything else

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else on bumper jumper keep accidentally activating zoom when trying to melee in H1?

The bumper is temperamental enough I guess that I end up clicking in the stick as I desperately hammer the button - which then disables the melee until I zoom out again. It's a shite state of affairs.

Can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Gonna give it a few more days and if I don't stop doing it, gonna be time to switch to a different control scheme. Never had this problem in other Halo's where I played BJ... don't know what the hell is going on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean.......it definitely sucks. like there was no actual guaranteed this was gonna bring back the halo 2 days. Halo 2 died cause halo 3 came out and the game got old...We have and pretty shitty looking halo 5 coming out next year. At least we have our own e-sports thing going now. At least halo is back in the sense that its gonna be around online and  tournaments alot more. Im still really excited for the future even with all this. The future is still bright my friend. Stay positive 

Look I understand you mean well but.... this is not the time or place to try and get people to be positive. Telling people they need to calm down when they are extremely upset generally makes things worse in my experience. 

Look I understand you mean well but.... this is not the time or place to try and get people to be positive. Telling people they need to calm down when they are extremely upset generally makes things worse in my experience. 

Right, it's pretty shocking that this is still going on. Nothing has been improved and I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks the wednesday update will actually help much.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah... ik your probably right. waste of my time i guess. To be upset still is extremely silly in my eyes... but whatever. im done for today

• Downvote (-1) 1

No, Halo 2 died because they stopped letting us play on Xbox live with it. I would still be playing Halo 2 today if they had never took it off of Xbox live.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

How hilarious would it be if Wednesday's update breaks the game even more?

I will post a video of me doing the pain olympics on the Beyond forums

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man if this patch Wednesday doesn't work or somehow makes things worse it's curtains for 343 and H5. All the goodwill will die

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man if this patch Wednesday doesn't work or somehow makes things worse it's curtains for 343 and H5. All the goodwill will die

I'd strongly consider selling my stuff.

Yep.

On the bright side... I've gotten a lot more done recently than I thought I would since I thought I would be stuck on Halo this past week... Even with the matchmaking updates H2A still needs tweeks.  REALLY dislike the environment kills.  Why would you remove a power position on lockout?  And the sword is ridiculous. It turned from short range to medium range weapon.