CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How are dedis working in TMCC? Are they actually making a difference? I've heard that it's just as bad as Halo's connection has ever been.

I've seen this logic posted a few different times... I'm not saying your opinion is stupid because hey if its how you feel more power to you...

However I look at that statement like it could be applied to many things and in a different context you realize how backwards that thinking is... or at least I do...

Example: Tesla releases a new EV car. It gets insane mileage and has good speed. I buy the car and when I drive it off the lot the batteries start to fail and it only goes 25mph. They didn't have to try and make a new more efficient car but they did and when I buy that product there is a reasonable expectation that my car will function as advertised.

No one HAS to make anything... but when they do...it should work at least at level worthy of the money spent... when it doesn't the consumer has a right to be upset

I got to agree with you here, the fact people say "we should be grateful that we can play old Halo again" is mind boggling to me. I'm PAYING for that right to play, and as you stated if you're going to do something there's a reasonable expectation on my part as the consumer that it's going to function as closed to advertised as possible. As a community and as consumers we are not the ones that should be grateful, 343 should be grateful that we choose to invest our confidence in them by using our wallets. Confidence that they could accomplish and do something right. We put our faith in them as consumers that we had long ago in Reach when they began to fix the problems that plagued that damn game, and then tarnished it all with the shit show that is Halo 4. I'll never be grateful to a company when I pay for the right to use their product.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Did you just compare a car to 60 dollar game... or a game in general? two totally different things...

But same concept

This. I can't agree with the whole "be happy you even got something" thing. It's not like 343 did us a favour. They're selling us stuff because they make money from it, simple as that lol.

not really at all. Yes they made the game cause the big thing was to make money..... but i mean its not like they dont care about halo. Im sure they thought the idea was cool to begin with and wanted to see halo shine again. I honestly blame microsoft for making them rush the game. i believe that was the real issue here

Did you just compare a car to 60 dollar game... or a game in general? two totally different things... 

That was the point. In the example of the car its really easy to see why the consumer would be upset yes?  When we look at it in the context of it only costing 60 dollars we lose sight of the bigger picture... When you purchase a product you have a reasonable expectation that it should work as advertised. Regardless of the cost. Just because somebody made something that was trying to fill a desire of the consumer doesn't give them a free pass if it doesn't work.

not really at all. Yes they made the game cause the big thing was to make money..... but i mean its not like they dont care about halo. Im sure they thought the idea was cool to begin with and wanted to see halo shine again. I honestly blame microsoft for making them rush the game. i believe that was the real issue here

"Be happy you spent nearly $500 to play a video game that's broken".

I'll pass.

I do agree that a fair amount of this is Microsofts fault but the responsibility also lies with 343. If it became clear this game wasn't going to be ready they should have either restructured their team so that it would be ready (have people work some OT, bring people from H5 on for a few weeks, etc) or pushed the release back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes "it's the thought that counts" is not true.

When you spend money on a product, any product. As a consumer you're entitled to it not being defective. MCC as it stands falls under this category.

"Be happy you spent nearly $500 to play a video game that's broken".

I'll pass.

I do agree that a fair amount of this is Microsofts fault but the responsibility also lies with 343. If it became clear this game wasn't going to be ready they should have either restructured their team so that it would be ready (have people work some OT, bring people from H5 on for a few weeks, etc) or pushed the release back.

You paid 500 dollars to a play a game that will be broken for hmmmm... maybe a month max( dont even think it will be close to that long). Thats just my opinion tho. Not trying to start anything here

• Downvote (-1) 6

Here's the thing. Why should we have to do work around "tricks" to get a game to work. I paid $60 for a game that's literally in pre-beta form right now, and I'm supposed to just accept it and be patient? No. Just no.

Not only that, but even when we can get games, my friends and I always get thrown on different teams. That isn't fun.

Can't play H3 because the sound is backwards which makes it unbearable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also want to add that most of us here have an emotional investment in this game as well as monetary. The obvious money/time lost issues aside... when we all saw a huge opportunity to have the series we all love return to its former glory...it was/is pretty damn frustrating to think this may have killed it.

To see that hype be shot down so abruptly...just sucks man. Naturally that is going to make people upset as well.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How are dedis working in TMCC? Are they actually making a difference? I've heard that it's just as bad as Halo's connection has ever been.

They work quite well when they are working. H2C feels good, better than back in the day but there are still instances where you snipe from a far and it won't register your bullets, H3 feels much better + coupled with the 60fps the game is far more enjoyable and playable (coming from me H3 was my least favorite Halo I really don't mind it too much now). H:CE is a different story, from what I've experienced the matchmaking servers make the game play very well (they still need to tighten the spread/netcode up), but in custom games the shot registry is awful unless you are host or live nearby the hosting connection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also want to add that most of us here have an emotional investment in this game as well as monetary. The obvious money/time lost issues aside... when we all saw a huge opportunity to have the series we all love return to its former glory...it was/is pretty damn frustrating to think this may have killed it.

To see that hype be shot down so abruptly...just sucks man. Naturally that is going to make people upset as well.

It seems the only part that "works" as advertised is Forge for H2A. I'm not a forger, but just to get some use out of the game I spent the past 2 days in it recreating Beaver Creek out of boredom.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is all pretty basic business concepts that even a 12 year old could understand. 

Coca-Cola - "HEY! We are bringing back VANILLA COKE! OMG It's gonna be so delicious!" 

Consumer A - "Oh goody let me go buy some of that delicious Vanilla coke!" 

Consumer A - "What the hell this tastes like a baby diaper filled with indian food?" 

Consumer B - "Hey you just be happy that they brought back vanilla coke in the first place!" 

It's pretty self-explanatory why people are getting mad, if you are saying to chill out or be cool about it you either don't understand basic business concepts or you are trying to be the coolest of the coolest e-hipsters on the forums.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It is the same thing when broken down - Ignore the fact he used a car an an example. The point he is trying to make is this.

> Company advertises an awesome product.

> Consumer buys said product.

> Product does not work as advertised.

> Consumer has the right to be upset because they paid for something that did not work as advertised. To say we should be "thankful" that they even decided to make this product does not make sense because it does not work properly.

Basically nobody wants to pay for broken products - thanking a sales driven company for thinking up the product in the first place is not the way to go and would basically encourage this type of unacceptable behavior in the future.

yes i understand what your saying and i agree with you. Just ignore my comment about the concept not meaning anything. All i was trying to say from the start was that there is no reason some people should be as mad as their claiming to be. There is no reason you should allow something like this to get you steamed. There is much bigger things in this world right now that actually matter. Being mad over this just sounds silly to me. I understand people spent alot money and alot time off work to grind this game. I know it must suck but oh well. get over it.  Just take a chill pill and focus on something else until this gets fixed

• Downvote (-1) 5

The patch is coming Wednesday and you guys are still raging. Just chill im sure the patch will fix a lot of stuff. This game really is amazing (when it works) and there is no way im selling my xbone cuz i know it will be fixed

Pretty sure they're not going to patch out bad maps and AR/SMG starts. That's mostly what we're bitching about now. So, GG I guess?

You paid 500 dollars to a play a game that will be broken for hmmmm... maybe a month max( dont even think it will be close to that long). Thats just my opinion tho. Not trying to start anything here

lol, well hopefully 343 can pull it together better than Dice/Blizzard/Maxis and other AAA developers did because their games were broken for months.

Pretty sure they're not going to patch out bad maps and AR/SMG starts. That's mostly what we're bitching about now. So, GG I guess?

Because thats more important than matchmaking right now? Maybe thats being patched next? GG?

• Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder how many 50-0 h1 2v2 games we are going to see when the playlist launches. Especially if they don't fix the net code and the better team gets host.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else on bumper jumper keep accidentally activating zoom when trying to melee in H1?

The bumper is temperamental enough I guess that I end up clicking in the stick as I desperately hammer the button - which then disables the melee until I zoom out again. It's a shite state of affairs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes i understand what your saying and i agree with you. Just ignore my comment about the concept not meaning anything. All i was trying to say from the start was that there is no reason some people should be as mad as their claiming to be. There is no reason you should allow something like this to get you steamed. There is much bigger things in this world right now that actually matter. Being mad over this just sounds silly to me. I understand people spent alot money and alot time off work to grind this game. I know it must suck but oh well. get over it.  Just take a chill pill and focus on something else until this gets fixed

Many will never get over this failure of a launch. I don't think you quite get it, this was OUR game's last chance to come back to popularity. Remember when Halo 2 ruled as the #1 title for Xbox Live for years at a time? We wanted our community to reach that level of acclaim once again, now its not happening and very well may never happen. Even worse, some of the underlying problems with the way the game is coded are so severe that it's possible some of the issues may never get fixed. People should rage and bitch all they want, people telling them to relax only makes it worse. Many, including myself, are incapable of simply 'getting over it'.

• Upvote (+1) 5