CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Great fucking reasoning. How could you not see a $400+ (minimum) purchase and taking off work, giving up your pay, as a legitimate reason to be angry that the game does not work. I gave you the BOTD on your earlier post but I regret it. Depending on the jobs some people have they could have lost a lot of money. I'm at school, so I only skipped two classes on Tuesday (even that is like, $300 gone per credit hour or something at my school), but I'm pretty pissed I spent $460 to get a friend's used XB1 and MCC and this is what we've been dealt. 

If you don't care about my incredible lack of experience and want to make something fun out of it, I'm totally down. Add me and message me (only because I think you don't have to accept a F/R on XB1)

His reasoning was poor because he assumed the other guy did not take off of work or spend the equal amount of money, which apparently he did. I get some people are very postiive or very negative and thats just them, but some of the comments are so extreme. What other post? People get bent out of shape so easily on this. Games sometimes fail, thats not uncommon. They are working to fix it. Does it suck that it is 100%? Of course it does, but it is playable. And to that "some people could have lost a lot of money by taking off", I am sorry but I dont feel bad. You realized the opportunity cost of taking off and what not.

• Downvote (-1) 2

His reasoning was poor because he assumed the other guy did not take off of work or spend the equal amount of money, which apparently he did. I get some people are very postiive or very negative and thats just them, but some of the comments are so extreme. What other post? People get bent out of shape so easily on this. Games sometimes fail, thats not uncommon. They are working to fix it. Does it suck that it is 100%? Of course it does, but it is playable.

It's barely playable. My attempts at playing dropped drastically since 2 days after the release. I'm just waiting/watching until I see that things are less frustrating. 

It's barely playable. My attempts at playing dropped drastically since 2 days after the release. I'm just waiting/watching until I see that things are less frustrating.

It's not though, at least my games it has gotten much better this weekend. My searches have been fairly reasonable. Maybe we could play later? Either MM or customs

• Downvote (-1) 1

Its not even playable. I searched all sunday and got zero matches. Must have restarted search twenty times. Tried h2a and ts searching alone. Well i got one match and it froze before the game started.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not though, at least my games it has gotten much better this weekend. My searches have been fairly reasonable. Maybe we could play later? Either MM or customs. Plus I've found it's better when you have someone in your party. Not necessarily for searching but having company to make it go by.

Its not even playable. I searched all sunday and got zero matches. Must have restarted search twenty times. Tried h2a and ts searching alone. Well i got one match and it froze before the game started.

Have you tried the custom game almost starting then searching method? It was linked early yesterday

I have gotten matches left and right. It seems to be different for everyone though. 

Except i took the whole week off last week and spent 600+ dollars just to play MCC....so yea you grow up.

Are you an emotionless drone? Are you a Buddhist monk? Or, are you just being ridiculous because of course when individuals save up give their money and even more valuable, their time, to not just be let down, but face something that does not work even on a basic level, is absolutely unacceptable. Would you go and buy a gym membership for a brand new gym that is being built only to go inside after it opens to find that none of the equipment works, but hey THAT'S OKAY, I'M NOT MAD I GAVE YOU MY MONEY, FIT THIS INTO MY SCHEDULE, AND DROVE HERE. Of course you would be mad, your argument makes no sense, you have no argument, think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

His reasoning was poor because he assumed the other guy did not take off of work or spend the equal amount of money, which apparently he did. I get some people are very postiive or very negative and thats just them, but some of the comments are so extreme. What other post? People get bent out of shape so easily on this. Games sometimes fail, thats not uncommon. They are working to fix it. Does it suck that it is 100%? Of course it does, but it is playable. And to that "some people could have lost a lot of money by taking off", I am sorry but I dont feel bad. You realized the opportunity cost of taking off and what not.

You don't really know what opportunity cost is do you? People are fine with the opportunity cost, people are not fine with playing a shit game for that opportunity cost. The trade they believed they were making based on everything 343i told us, was not true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decided to play the game today, got a game within 5 minutes and to my surprise we got 8 people and it was a 4v4, The gametype however.......

Plasma Rifle starts on Midship.

Fantastic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have you tried the custom game almost starting then searching method? It was linked early yesterday

One would argue that having to do all these tricks to find a game quicker means it is barely playable. 

And I'm back at work on Friday... I wanted too play this game for all these days I took off and also spent about 450 quid.

People have wasted money and time on this game so yeah they gonna be upset.

Im back at work today. I wanted to play it day and night all last week spent money just like you but stressing over something you have no control over sucks the life out of you. 

Are you an emotionless drone? Are you a Buddhist monk? Or, are you just being ridiculous because of course when individuals save up give their money and even more valuable, their time, to not just be let down, but face something that does not work even on a basic level, is absolutely unacceptable. Would you go and buy a gym membership for a brand new gym that is being built only to go inside after it opens to find that none of the equipment works, but hey THAT'S OKAY, I'M NOT MAD I GAVE YOU MY MONEY, FIT THIS INTO MY SCHEDULE, AND DROVE HERE. Of course you would be mad, your argument makes no sense, you have no argument, think.

Ridiculous how if i just told you i also took a week off work and spent a lot of money as well. I was mad 2 but what is the point of being mad now? The one with no argument here is you considering i just shot down your "argument" by being in the same exact position as you and countless of others are/were in. What is crying over the past gonna do? The patch is coming its not like you were gonna play halo for that one week alone. 

people need to calm down.. should just be thankful your gonna get to play old halo again. It sucks what happened.. oh well get over it. You could not have the game at all. 343 didnt have to make this game. but they did. 

• Downvote (-1) 12

One would argue that having to do all these tricks to find a game quicker means it is barely playable.

It's different for everyone. I haven't had many problems finding a game. I was telling him to try it, since he is having problems .

people need to calm down.. should just be thankful your gonna get to play old halo again. It sucks what happened.. oh well get over it. You could not have the game at all. 343 didnt have to make this game. but they did. 

As true as that is there are still problems with the game and it's obvious it was rushed. They've said things and haven't fully delivered on it; we went in thinking they would and it's been a trend in the gaming industry over the last year.

I think youtuber Jericho says it best:

https://twitter.com/IIJERiiCHOII/status/534216873043177472

We shouldn't give developers, or publishers, the benefit of the doubt if they keep making these kind of mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Im back at work today. I wanted to play it day and night all last week spent money just like you but stressing over something you have no control over sucks the life out of you. 

Ridiculous how if i just told you i also took a week off work and spent a lot of money as well. I was mad 2 but what is the point of being mad now? The one with no argument here is you considering i just shot down your "argument" by being in the same exact position as you and countless of others are/were in. What is crying over the past gonna do? The patch is coming its not like you were gonna play halo for that one week alone. 

Alright buddy, you sound like a guy who would catch his girlfriend playing student/professor with the neighbor and tell her "it's okay, it's been a week since you did it so there's no point in being mad." 

The MCC sounded good on paper...

You know what else sounded good on paper?

....Communism

Coincidence? I think not.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The patch is coming Wednesday and you guys are still raging. Just chill im sure the patch will fix a lot of stuff. This game really is amazing (when it works) and there is no way im selling my xbone cuz i know it will be fixed

I'll tell you this much, if that wed patch doesn't fix this game, you haven't seen anything yet.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright buddy, you sound like a guy who would catch his girlfriend playing student/professor with the neighbor and tell her "it's okay, it's been a week since you did it so there's no point in being mad." 

Can't control the past!

• Upvote (+1) 1

PSA:

None of the matchmaking 'tricks' work. They're like when I used to furiously hammer A+B+Down on my GB when trying to rek Mewtwo with a Pokeball in Pokemon Yellow.

The only thing that works is making sure you have searching slots in your matchmaking screen. Otherwise, your fate is in the rusty, creaky hands of 343s servers, and the code they slapped together in notepad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've seen this logic posted a few different times... I'm not saying your opinion is stupid because hey if its how you feel more power to you...

However I look at that statement like it could be applied to many things and in a different context you realize how backwards that thinking is... or at least I do...

Example: Tesla releases a new EV car. It gets insane mileage and has good speed. I buy the car and when I drive it off the lot the batteries start to fail and it only goes 25mph. They didn't have to try and make a new more efficient car but they did and when I buy that product there is a reasonable expectation that my car will function as advertised.

No one HAS to make anything... but when they do...it should work at least at level worthy of the money spent... when it doesn't the consumer has a right to be upset

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've seen this logic posted a few different times... I'm not saying your opinion is stupid because hey if its how you feel more power to you...

However I look at that statement and it could be applied to many things and in a different context you realize how backwards that thinking is... or at least I do...

Example: Tesla releases a new EV car. It gets insane mileage and has good speed. I buy the car and when I drive it off the lot the batteries start to fail and it only goes 25mph. They didn't have to try and make a new more efficient car but they did and when I buy that product there is a reasonable expectation that my car will function as advertised.

No one HAS to make anything... but when they do...it should work at least at level worthy of the money spent... If it doesn't the consumer has every right to be upset.

Did you just compare a car to 60 dollar game... or a game in general? two totally different things... 

• Downvote (-1) 7

No one HAS to make anything... but when they do...it should work at least at level worthy of the money spent... when it doesn't the consumer has a right to be upset

This. I can't agree with the whole "be happy you even got something" thing. It's not like 343 did us a favour. They're selling us stuff because they make money from it, simple as that lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1