CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I was getting a percent every 5-6 minutes when I was first installing the game. Now, it's literally at a stand still. I gained three percent in the last 6 hours. At that rate, it will probably be done sometime next week. Will a reset fix it or do I just have to wait it out? 

I was debating on installing, but I do want to play customs, campaign, and try out the MM when it gets fixed.

So I was getting a percent every 5-6 minutes when I was first installing the game. Now, it's literally at a stand still. I gained three percent in the last 6 hours. At that rate, it will probably be done sometime next week. Will a reset fix it or do I just have to wait it out? 

I was debating on installing, but I do want to play customs, campaign, and try out the MM when it gets fixed.

I had similar problems, I think it tries to install and update at the same time and it can't handle it. If you have a hard copy of the game try installing from the disc while online and then updating, it still took a couple of days for the update to install but it was definitely a lot quicker.

Steps: 

1. Be Offline

2. Remove Halo Disc

3. Go to: "My Games/Apps

4. Press start when highlighting "Halo The Master Chief Collection"

5. Uninstall what you've installed

6. Reinsert MCC Disc while still offline and install again

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a joke, the update has done nothing for me.

I start off searching and get 1 flag on Ivory Tower and my team mate quits out.

Then I search for an hour in every playlist and can't find a single player.

This patch was mostly for campaign fixes.

MM and party fixes are coming next week.

Didn't they say a couple of days back that there was a MM update coming this weekend? Maybe I misread something I don't know.

I play from Hawaii, and the pistol has been a real challenge to figure out.  Does anyone have some good off-host footage of THIS version of H1 that I can take a look at?  I can't figure out how to make my shots count.  I can hit the first two, but then my headshots all come out like a wet fart.  It gets me killed several times a game.

Edit:  My lobby just voted AR's Isolation over Chill Out...

I play from Hawaii, and the pistol has been a real challenge to figure out.  Does anyone have some good off-host footage of THIS version of H1 that I can take a look at?  I can't figure out how to make my shots count.  I can hit the first two, but then my headshots all come out like a wet fart.  It gets me killed several times a game.

Edit:  My lobby just voted AR's Isolation over Chill Out...

Yeah, same here. Pistol right now seems really inconsistent, was playing Reverse Tag on Dammy with you and the squad earlier. If you want to play sometime add Batchyy. Also at least it was not snowbound haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting the speed run achievements have been pretty chill and fun for me while MM is being fixed :D 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I've just been achievement whoring on campaign for something to do while I wait for this game to finish it's development.

Getting the speed run achievements have been pretty chill and fun for me while MM is being fixed :D

What exactly is speed run? Just complete missons as fast as you can?

I was getting games like every 5 minutes(sometimes unfair teams) at the end of last night and now I can't find anything. Rip. 

Yeah, same here. Pistol right now seems really inconsistent, was playing Reverse Tag on Dammy with you and the squad earlier. If you want to play sometime add Batchyy. Also at least it was not snowbound haha

You're a EU kid as well, right? In the lobby we played it was US host and I had some issues with connecting my shot too. I get there is a skill gap and all but it's really misleading that shield filcker when there is no damage done. I know about the hit beeps but it's annoying nonetheless that audio and video feedback aren't in sync...

But yeah the games where a lot of fun regardless! :)

You're a EU kid as well, right? In the lobby we played it was US host and I had some issues with connecting my shot too. I get there is a skill gap and all but it's really misleading that shield filcker when there is no damage done. I know about the hit beeps but it's annoying nonetheless that audio and video feedback aren't in sync...

But yeah the games where a lot of fun regardless! :)

Skill gap in every Halo game, yes even H4 haha, and yeah games were quite intense! I am an EU kid also

Think the friends list trick works.

EDIT - Playing Halo 3 on this makes it feel like a whole new game just because of the shot reg.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So either 343 was completely incompetent and thought there would be no bugs and the game would run smoothly, or they knew about it and released the game anyway.  Either way we lose. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think the friends list trick works.

EDIT - Playing Halo 3 on this makes it feel like a whole new game just because of the shot reg.

Oh god the shot registration is beautiful in H3.  Shots actually fucken hit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So either 343 was completely incompetent and thought there would be no bugs and the game would run smoothly, or they knew about it and released the game anyway. Either way we lose.

I dunno but the pre-release build I played on LAN in a 4v4 setup for about 6 hours had none of those issues.

It must be something related to XBL or the servers, maybe both.

They just fucked it up by releasing that 15gb content update so late. There's no way they had time to test it properly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Feel bad for the multiplayer only guys because this game has an insane amount of content speed runs and achievements, keeping me busy while they fix MM.

It's amazing how much less frustrating/annoying it would be if I could just stay in a party with my friends while backing out to restart the search for a match

the majority of my time being wasted is on having to wait for everyone to restart the game constantly cause we try to join each other and it either does nothing or freezes everything

• Upvote (+1) 1