CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'll rant about the gameplay later after my friends are all gone and I have more time to sit in my room and type away.

index.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ohhh my gawd, that was painful to read probably one the biggest launch failure in Xbox history.

They should have been ready for this, one day is bearable but 5 days?? what a fuck up....

I think they were trying really hard for a release date as close to the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 as possible, which is what it ended up being. They should've just released the game when it was working.

Starting to think that they should have focused on Halo 2 instead... I'm buying this after I buy an Xbox one but you guys that bought already the console for the game deserves better

Thanks bud - I'm living a block away from The Garden and Penn Station in NYC, and I'm overseeing Internet Products at the Associated Press (just passed my two year anniversary here). 

Much love to MLG for giving me an opportunity to jump-start my career and helping me escape Michigan almost 7 years ago, haha. Crazy how much Halo has affected my life when you really connect the dots. There's no way I'd be where I am today without Halo and MLG, for sure. 

Make sure you've got me added on Live, especially for some Halo 1. Puckett and I have been running 2s and having a blast. 

Fabulous! My tag is just CursedLemon, throw me a request and I'll probably hop on tonight. 

We had so much momentum coming into this launch... all gone.  I mean I'll still be around when it's fixed, I made it through fucking Reach and 4 for this shit.  They just lost that initial launch period to hook people on Halo again.  At this rate I'd honestly be surprised if the game will be ironed out by december.

I can't even bring myself to sit here and type as much as I want to say right now, but I am trying to not be punchingly furious that I took 5 days off work and invited friends from two states to stay at my house for this absolute nightmare of an experience. I'll rant about the gameplay later after my friends are all gone and I have more time to sit in my room and type away.

Oh geez dude, that is terrible. 

I don't know why, but I have had very little trouble finding matches. At least compared to what seems like everybody else. My biggest problem has been 3v4, 5v4, 2v6, etc.

One thing that is pissing me of and maybe others is I've took off a week for this game and I can't even play it, the moment it will be fixed is when I'm back at work when I can't really play it. which just bugs the fuck out of me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We had so much momentum coming into this launch... all gone.  I mean I'll still be around when it's fixed, I made it through fucking Reach and 4 for this shit.  They just lost that initial launch period to hook people on Halo again.  At this rate I'd honestly be surprised if the game will be ironed out by december.

I know I'm not buying an unfinished game, on a console I don't even want.  If they patch it and its great months from now it might be too late.  The hype has died faster than I've ever seen and the weakened state of our community is getting worse after launch.

#weain'tback

One thing that is pissing me of and maybe others is I've took off a week for this game and I can't even play it, the moment it will be fixed is when I'm back at work when I can't really play it. which just bugs the fuck out of me.

Yep took a whole week off....and it'll probably start working correctly next week.....when i'm also back at work.....

And with this you mean in a week or 6??

All of the sudden the UI is snappier, just got a matchmaking update.

At this point I'm looking out for shooting stars, come on 343 WORK WITH US.

How to I check my clips the xbox recorded? I just got the sickest killtac in halo 1 and i clicked x on the snap to record that but idk how to get to it.

Right there with ya.  I took the week off from work, me and two other buddies bought xbox one's just for the game.  It's been an extremely disappointing experience thus far.  There has been a lot I've wanted to say regarding how they managed to completely revitalize the halo scene just to immediately kill it off and put it in even worse shape, all of which you've covered quite well in this post.  It saddens me that this is where we are at when this release had such infinite potential.

First post here but I've read this forum for a while. chaos Theory summed up my thoughts very well. This game should have never shipped in such a state. I support end-users for a living so I'm very much "Switzerland" in the office in that I make sure everyone can be productive. I do get to hear all the interplay between departments and ultimately which one wins out. The bosses bosses boss at the top says make it so and there you have it. Halo 2 shipped with elements that were cut but it did work unlike this mess. I'm glad I didn't take any time off work for this. Picked up the game at 9:00pm PST,  I stayed up until 2:30am determined to get just one match online after the forever and a day install. 

My friends who are scattered about California and I have been playing Halo since 2002. I was the biggest fan though. The guy who went to everyone's house to make sure XBC was working, routers were port-forwarding correctly, etc. So naturally I was the one to pick up an Xbox One first. Plonked down the cash for Destiny so I would have something to play for a month. What a grind that game is but that's another topic. With the state the game is in I can't suggest each of them spend the money to buy the console, game and perhaps an extra controller. We're not young anymore, families, etc so time is precious. Time wasted at searching for a match, or finally getting a great map selected (CTF Danger Canyon) only to have the console completely crash and require a reboot. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So i know i have said this before but it really works:

Peeps who cannot find games, try this.

Search for a game in MM--> press Xbox button --> Open friends list with "snap on" feature enabled --> Keep friends list open while searching. 

I swear it works. Games every 1-4 mins. 

Search for a game in MM--> press Xbox button --> Open friends list with "snap on" feature enabled --> Keep friends list open while searching. 

Also, if you hold down L+R and tap on select, pokeballs will work every single time

• Upvote (+1) 1

So where can I find the settings or gametypes for H2A? or is there a generalization I can make them off of?

They'll be released soon alongside the HCS rulebook, from my understanding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where do you turn on the snap feature?

Edit, I found it, thanks.