CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 games of H2A and all were TS Pro on Stonetown. Like come on people need to mix it up a bit

smg starts on zenith ftw man.

I think in the playlists where it is just a single game, there shouldn't be a voting option. So for example if you play a Halo 3 only playlist there isn't voting, where's BTB which has all 4 games there should be a voting option.

This is a brilliant idea.

I doubt this game even existed a year ago, as far as I'm concerned when they announced it this year it was still on post-it notes or a whiteboard somewhere.

H2A probably existed, but I'd say they decided to make it a full collection sometime around the announcement to delay Halo 5 earlier this year. Halo 5 looks to be in a very playable state for a game being a full year away.

So now you can't even play forge maps in custom games and look at this picture.  The owner didn't find a game but the Guest did.

Tvk6WMx.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe I'm cynical but I dont think this game is going to be fixed to a reasonable level for at least a few weeks to come. If it really is going to get fixed soon, then that means either they really fucked up the online quality and stress testing, or it was LITERALLY 3 days away from completion when they shipped it.

Really hard to believe right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm cynical but I dont think this game is going to be fixed to a reasonable level for at least a few weeks to come. If it really is going to get fixed soon, then that means either they really fucked up the online quality and stress testing, or it was LITERALLY 3 days away from completion when they shipped it.

Matchmaking will probably be fixed in a week or so. Big bugs like achievements not working and otherwise will probably be fixed within 2-3 weeks. 

Everything else will likely never be fixed. We probably won't ever get file shares and films working properly or get a UI tweak. They're going to move the team on to Halo 5 in a couple weeks with a skeleton crew left on this game.

The longevity of this game as well as its chances of retaining a decent population are completely gone. 

What an utter, utter disappointment. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As long as the MM wait times is fixed, I can handle a few weeks for the other issues. I just want to play MM with my friends.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This morning, we rolled out tweaks that should begin to further improve the Matchmaking experience, including:

• Dedicated server stability improvements
  • Laid the groundwork for upcoming Matchmaking content updates, including improvements to the team selection process

Details on the 11.14 Content Update:

This evening, we will be releasing a content update that addresses a variety of community-reported issues. This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week. We will have the full details of this update when the update goes live late afternoon (PST).

Please stay tuned to this thread and official channels for this afternoon's update. We thank you for your continued patience.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's just so broken I have no faith it's an easy fix. Are they really going to act like these problems weren't evident in testing? I literally just got done with (lol) a 6v0 h3 game that at least had the decency to end exactly as it started rather than run the clock down. I have never ever heard of a game shipping with asymmetrical teams for online, especially to the degree where the game thinks putting all the players on one team is a good idea...

• Upvote (+1) 1

This evening, we will be releasing a content update that addresses a variety of community-reported issues. This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week. We will have the full details of this update when the update goes live late afternoon (PST).

Well at least that's ...something....

Honestly first (hopefully smaller) step, fix the joining lobby, at least creating customs wouldn't be such a bitch

One concern with all of these quick fixes rolling out is that there's almost no way they could do complete regression testing (assuming they don't have full automation in place). 

In non-product speak, it's very possible that in their haste to provide quick incremental fixes, they could be introducing additional problems or making other problems worse. 

As an aside, I'm really not concerned about the population of the game in the long term. As long as they are able to fix a majority of the big issues, and show good faith in fixing some of the medium-priority UI issues, the game is too damn good not to bring players back once it's fixed. There really isn't a lot of competition for this type of gameplay, so I fully expect the population to return after they get things up and running effectively. 

Also - I'd really recommend 343 is careful differentiating the phrase "update" and "patch" in their communications. Bravo, if you see this, I'm seeing a lot of folks confusing your tweets about upcoming updates as patches, when in reality you probably mean that you're working on a blog/PR post. Just my two cents. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I am finding games within 1 minute every time now. They are definitely starting to iron the issues out. For me at least anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week" Next Week! What happened to this weekend?

Yeah not fixing it before this weekend is going to hurt their population numbers big time. It has improved, but not enough for people to not notice the waiting.

Yeah not fixing it before this weekend is going to hurt their population numbers big time. It has improved, but not enough for people to not notice the waiting.

Yep. The constant game cashes/freezing and party issues will be noticed even more also.

Instead of putting lumps of coal into the stockings of kids who have behaved poorly throughout the year you can just place your copy of the MCC instead.

Would work just as effectively.

This.  Yes these problems will reduce population now but people have to remember that we will probably get "another chance" with x-mas rolling around, with people getting an xbone for x-mas, especially since that mcc bundle has been announced, people will get to play it as son as they get the console.  Let's try pray that they have most of the problems fixed by then, if not all 

What bundle? There's no MCC bundle in the US you troll-hole. But I do agree, black Friday and Christmas sales will give us a new influx of players that hopefully by then most of these issues will have been resolved.

So now you can't even play forge maps in custom games and look at this picture.  The owner didn't find a game but the Guest did.

Tvk6WMx.png

25txkkk.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

What bundle? There's no MCC bundle in the US you troll-hole. But I do agree, black Friday and Christmas sales will give us a new influx of players that hopefully by then most of these issues will have been resolved.

There is a bundle that Walmart announced for $329 and a $30 in store gift card. They thought the day one players didnt get screwed enough so they announced that 2 days after it launched

There is a bundle that Walmart announced for $329 and a $30 in store gift card. They thought the day one players didnt get screwed enough so they announced that 2 days after it launched

Well shit. I really wish I didn't blow all my money the week of so I could play on release night. *sigh*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really looking forward to the patch notes for this content update though; hopefully there are some good UI fixes.