CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I read on an IG article that if you haven't found a game after 5 minutes of searching, to back out and restart the search because your queue was bugged.  Games should take 2-4 minutes to find they said.

Yes and if you can't see the other players grey boxes that say searching as soon as you start searching back out immediately and try again.

Yeah at this point ranks in all playlists is not going to come even close to making up for this launch.

Things that would restore my trust/faith:

"Sprint has been removed from h5 and we are scaling the maps down"

"We're making H2A DLC including 20 of your favorite maps from H1-3 and releasing it for free"

Wouldn't get your hopes up.  You be trippin'

Probably right. I'm certainly not an expert CE player. I played a ton when it was relevant but not on the level many of you have so I defer to your thoughts on peformance.

My most effective strategy for off host pistoling has been almost sweeping back and forth over the head in anticipation of the strafe since it seems to have a larger than normal delay. Is this bad practice? Trying to figure out what I should be aiming to try for. This feels different than I remember XBC and Gamespy feeling but maybe its just time and not playing for a while

I wasn't much of an XBC guy.  There were lots of reasons to not play, but in particular I found the game to be particularly laggy.  Trial and error is your friend I think, honestly headshots are a friggin bitch off host so I just kinda aim for the body-ish unless I'm feeling confident about the connection and shot.

There are so many factors that go into normal CE shot lead.  It's not just the way your enemy moves, it's the way you move too and now a fluctuating latency is added to the mix.  It makes it pretty rough at times but hopefully dedis will help to make it more consistent in matchmaking at least.

Just keep experimenting with your shot lead and try not to get frustrated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody know if there are any finished remakes yet of old custom games? (jenga,ice cream man, smear the queer, etc)

Still want some dodge ball on Colossus with Brute Shotz!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might be a stupid question but is there a chance they can't fix some of these issues at all?

As long as they have access to the source code, there is nothing they can't fix.

The problem is that this has been going on for days with no improvement. So what have they been doing?

I just picture some dude scrolling through the matchmaking code 100x saying "I have no clue what is wrong!".

Even though shooting offhost on CE feels so random I would still prefer a CE playlist over anything else. Getting Zanzibar TS and fucking Standoff* makes me want to do horrible things to innocent creatures. 

Rabble rabble rabble.

*when I can find games after searching for 30 minutes.

Yeah I hope that 343i still plans on further optimizing H:CE's netcode, because right now it's probably all hands on deck trying to fix this bug laden game.

95% of my H:CE games have been customs where the host has been with 5 miles of me, and even in those games I find that landing pistol shots can be super frustrating at times.

Has anyone played MCC's version of H:CE on LAN yet, because I would be interested to know how the game plays in that setting.

We did the first night, offhost literally feels like you're online still with all the bugs that come with it. Phantom spawns, poor hit detection etc. etc. Not to mention our 2v2 Dammy straight up froze both consoles less than halfway into the game. We gave up, theres no point in "Lanning" this game if you even wanna call it LAN, because it isn't at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's made out of crushed dreams hahaha.  I could quote this video for days.

Cr1tikal's hands down my favorite YouTuber XD

Anyone wanting to fall out of their chair laughing should check out his Pictionary, Ski Jumping Pairs, or 1st Oregon Trail gameplay.

lol My favorite line of Critikal will always be "I have a better chance solving a rubix cube with my bare nipples than traversing this gap."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though shooting offhost on CE feels so random I would still prefer a CE playlist over anything else. Getting Zanzibar TS and fucking Standoff* makes me want to do horrible things to innocent creatures. 

Rabble rabble rabble.

*when I can find games after searching for 30 minutes.

We'll probably get a gungoose griffball hybrid playlist before a CE one just to bring back all the casuals lost from the launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We'll probably get a gungoose griffball hybrid playlist before a CE one just to bring back all the casuals lost from the launch.

You're probably right and I hate you for it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Except the grifball guys already posted on reddit talking about missing settings in forge, they can't even create the gametype.

Edit: here's the link to the post. http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2m0ixn/grifball_inhibited_because_of_mcc_forge_bugs_and/

We did the first night, offhost literally feels like you're online still with all the bugs that come with it. Phantom spawns, poor hit detection etc. etc. Not to mention our 2v2 Dammy straight up froze both consoles less than halfway into the game. We gave up, theres no point in "Lanning" this game if you even wanna call it LAN, because it isn't at all.

Did everyone require a Gold membership to "LAN"?

I don't know...guess i'm one of the few lucky one's. Once you guys start getting games consistently all your anger will go away.

Are your games laggy?

Even with the server issues, getting to play CE online again is fantastic. I Was a pc player, so I never got to experience the Xbox version during its prime.

And man do I have to say how awesome it is to play CE again. I really missed everything this game has to offer, everything about it just worked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know it's been said a million times.... but it is ridiculous that the xbone must always have an internet connection and the ability to simply LAN is no longer possible. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Might be a stupid question but is there a chance they can't fix some of these issues at all?

Is it fixable? ABSOLUTELY

Can 343 do it? Not likely. The level of bugs on this build shows they simply do not have a team together capable of producing a product. If MS wants this fixed they need to contract it out right now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This feels like PS2 online. Was really hoping at least we'd be able to get into matches within a few mins come the weekend.