CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

wouldn't that be some ridiculous shit? a collection of halo games featuring titles pp LOVE playing and 343 fucked up so bad...those ppl said fuck TMCC and jumped ship..

you couldn't make this shit up if you tried...halo just can't catch a break...the series might be cursed

Ya man, the whole point of the MCC was to build and sustain a player population before H5. Looks like that's not going to happen now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

whoever said they need to compensate us by putting custom games on dedicated servers deserve all the reps in the world....

That was me and its the LEAST they can do at this point.  Who knows if Microsoft will actually spend the money tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Between the h5 beta reveal and this launch we went from being back to fucked again over about 12 hours.

Crazy.

all you can do is laugh....seriously...how much worst can this possibly get?

I'm not entirely sure, but strafing and the auto-aim seem to have less of an effect.  I could just be making that up though, not sure.  I might set up a custom and just test things for a while

Ya, I'm going to do that same. If they're fixing netcode thats great, but I want to have pistol mechanics be the same as OG CE and not HPC. It's just really hard to tell when I've been playing p2p in customs and MM.

If it ain't fixed by the weekend... Majority would've given up and others wouldn't buy the Xbox One.. More than someone is gunna get fired

I actually loaded up Destiny (free upgrade from 360 version) and played it for a tiny bit last night.

Never would have thought I'd even look at Destiny again after MCC came out, much less play it. Not that I don't like Destiny; I enjoy it as a sort of mish-mash of Final Fantasy grinding and FPS campaign / mindless shooting & killing but just not for the multiplayer/PVP. However, I just never figured I'd bother with it after MCC came out. At least not for a few months anyway.

OT: I laughed at all the comments on the YouTube comparison videos for Destiny (360 vs ONE) where people were saying, "oh, there's no difference" or "you can hardly tell them apart". I laughed then, and now after playing, I laughed even harder; there's a huuuuuuge difference and it's pretty fantastic.

I have played 15-20 games today. I guess it's just better for some people

Last night I got 5 games in 90 minutes, 4 were unbalanced. This morning I got 0 in an hour. I'd say it's sporadic at best. None of these server patches have given me any improvement.

I also thought the H2C radar was weird, but I thought I just had bad awareness from not being familiar with the game.

I think going forward, if something seems off it's most likely the game not us.  :wacko:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's only the diehards left when the patch goes live next week. I've never seen a launch this rekt. And I was there for BF4 and WoW launches.

Yeah that's what I see happening to tbh, there is no way were going to have a decent population number after this I just don't see it.

wouldn't that be some ridiculous shit? a collection of halo games featuring titles pp LOVE playing and 343 fucked up so bad...those ppl said fuck TMCC and jumped ship..

you couldn't make this shit up if you tried...halo just can't catch a break...the series might be cursed

Yeah people were repulsed by Halo 4 an this was 343s apology letter to us basically aka this game an they just completely ruined it.  They just destroyed everyones trust in them I'm pretty sure.  They better give us ranks for all playlist after all this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I read on an IG article that if you haven't found a game after 5 minutes of searching, to back out and restart the search because your queue was bugged.  Games should take 2-4 minutes to find they said.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ya, I'm going to do that same. If they're fixing netcode thats great, but I want to have pistol mechanics be the same as OG CE and not HPC. It's just really hard to tell when I've been playing p2p in customs and MM.

Yeah I hope that 343i still plans on further optimizing H:CE's netcode, because right now it's probably all hands on deck trying to fix this bug laden game.

95% of my H:CE games have been customs where the host has been with 5 miles of me, and even in those games I find that landing pistol shots can be super frustrating at times.

Has anyone played MCC's version of H:CE on LAN yet, because I would be interested to know how the game plays in that setting.

So we have yet another Halo game without ranks.

We will never grow to be a solid gaming community with the kind of leadership over at 343. I pity myself and all the dedicated Halo fan boys here. This sucks boys. It really could not have been worst which is quite ironic since we WERE suppose to be back. *sigh*

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah at this point ranks in all playlists is not going to come even close to making up for this launch.

Things that would restore my trust/faith:

"Sprint has been removed from h5 and we are scaling the maps down"

"We're making H2A DLC including 20 of your favorite maps from H1-3 and releasing it for free"

Last night I got 5 games in 90 minutes, 4 were unbalanced. This morning I got 0 in an hour. I'd say it's sporadic at best. None of these server patches have given me any improvement.

That sucks man. Hope the weekend patch improves it

Yeah at this point ranks in all playlists is not going to come even close to making up for this launch.

Things that would restore my trust/faith:

"Sprint has been removed from h5 and we are scaling the maps down"

"We're making H2A DLC including 20 of your favorite maps from H1-3 and releasing it for free"

Yep this would fix it for me.

I have played 15-20 games today. I guess it's just better for some people

I'm starting to think you're playing in the same room as a dedicated server or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think this is accurate to some degree.

You can see in this clip where players are standing still, the shots seem to be registering. However, where the player is moving at the end, very few of my shots register. I suspect it's because I wasn't leading enough for whatever latency there was. It's frustrating however because you never know how much to lead. The game gives me the first two ping sounds, and then nothing for the last several shots.

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2767837270993936&gamertag=Bigshow36&vid=f6bcd455-6e82-46ca-9c7c-44c7bd75afdf

turn those obnoxious medals off, lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm starting to think you're playing in the same room as a dedicated server or something.

I don't know...guess i'm one of the few lucky one's. Once you guys start getting games consistently all your anger will go away.

• Upvote (+1) 1