CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Conspiracy theory: 343 saw the knee-jerk reactions to the Halo 5 reveal and everyone saying, "screw this, I'm sticking to MCC!" so they decided to crash MCC in attempt to make the Halo 5 launch look better later on...  :ph34r:

• Upvote (+1) 2

There used to be.

I'm a big time Forger and plan on rebuilding / finishing a map I started building in H4 back in September using H2A Forge. It's gonna be a bit ugly though, because of it having to use mostly block pieces and those look pretty ugly in H2A :/

Where's the main Forge thread here?  I used to do some forging in Reach.  Thinking about doing a new map in spare time when friends are not online.

Conspiracy theory: 343 saw the knee-jerk reactions to the Halo 5 reveal and everyone saying, "screw this, I'm sticking to MCC!" so they decided to crash MCC in attempt to make the Halo 5 launch look better later on...  :ph34r:

Conspiracy theory: 343 decided to make the matching experience so horrible for everything else, that we have effectively purchased the Halo 5 beta for 60 USD (more, if you had to buy an Xbone just for this) because it will be the only thing that actually works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:kappa:  to be fare, when you swiped the tip of the sniper hit the fusion coils...

wuuuttt that was a clean hit in my perspective :\

Is it just me or is off host pistoling in CE a crap shoot? I feel like sometimes none of my shots are landing. Like quite litterally no beeps and then very next spawn I will melt someone. It hasn't caused me to lose a CE game yet but it just feels incredibly random at the moment

Yep off host pistoling is horrible ATM. Registration is terrible. On host is much better.

Is it just me or is off host pistoling in CE a crap shoot? I feel like sometimes none of my shots are landing. Like quite litterally no beeps and then very next spawn I will melt someone. It hasn't caused me to lose a CE game yet but it just feels incredibly random at the moment

I concur. I have tried everything from leading huge amounts even in close range to none at all at long range and it feels like there is absolutely no ryhme or reason to it.

Then I had one game of host and every single shot connects and I go 28-4 (I'm a total CE noob).

So Ce vets please enlighten me if this is normal/ what I'm supposed to do because I sure am not going to figurer it out by myself.

Where's the main Forge thread here?  I used to do some forging in Reach.  Thinking about doing a new map in spare time when friends are not online.

There's a "Forge" forum on this site. But it's about as lively as an old folks home after 4pm :/

Conspiracy theory: 343 decided to make the matching experience so horrible for everything else, that we have effectively purchased the Halo 5 beta for 60 USD (more, if you had to buy an Xbone just for this) because it will be the only thing that actually works.

That's more or less what I said.

Just wish CE was playable on non-dedicated servers.

I've been enjoying it

Oh lord a 6v2 Halo CE match.

How do I adapt to this situation without being the douche lol.

I would have fun with that if I was one of the 2.  In CE slayer, being down some players just gives you more targets to kill, lol.

I feel like maybe the down/up speeds fluctuate and therefore the lead fluctuates.  There is definitely some room for improvement on the netcode but I have found it possible to get solid hosts and have a solid pistol off host.

Playing customs last night with @@RunningRiot4Fun on priz. I died and he randomed me up top right behind the guy with fresh OS and rockets. An assassination never felt better. God I love Halo 1.

I've had a lot of great moments already.  Halo 1 online is here and it's not perfect, but I haven't ever had this much fun online gaming.

I was getting consistent games for a while tonight.  Holy hell, when this game is fixed, its going to be the best thing ever.  I was having a ton of fun.  Playing CE on XBL feels so magical to me :)

:)

Is anyone else getting seemingly random suicides in CE?

yeah, usually when jumping I'll just randomly die.

I think it has improved under low stress.  Last night was still pretty rough during peak traffic.

This was the case for me. I was finding games with ease in the afternoon but as soon as everyone got home from work/school I couldn't find a working game the rest of the night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wooo more people selecting Halo 3 over CE Rat Race match. I've been waiting to play that map on Xbox Live in particular, nooooow Karma has slapped me with a fish!!!!

Welp, this morning I've been able to get into a total of 0 games. If the patch to fix mm is coming next week it'll be too late to save this game. The people on my friends list who have this game have all gone back to CoD or Destiny already.

• Upvote (+1) 2

With GTA V releasing in 4 days, Bungie adding Chat and Iron Banner+DLC soon to Destiny, Sledgehammer just releasing the patch that fixed AW ping/lag issues.. I wonder how much of a population MCC will really have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone complaining about ranks/ranks resetting, please stop.

They already announced they will reset everything once everything works. That could literally be months from now. Don't invest anything in the ranking system right now, fools.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like maybe the down/up speeds fluctuate and therefore the lead fluctuates.  There is definitely some room for improvement on the netcode but I have found it possible to get solid hosts and have a solid pistol off host.

I think this is accurate to some degree.

You can see in this clip where players are standing still, the shots seem to be registering. However, where the player is moving at the end, very few of my shots register. I suspect it's because I wasn't leading enough for whatever latency there was. It's frustrating however because you never know how much to lead. The game gives me the first two ping sounds, and then nothing for the last several shots.

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2767837270993936&gamertag=Bigshow36&vid=f6bcd455-6e82-46ca-9c7c-44c7bd75afdf

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably right. I'm certainly not an expert CE player. I played a ton when it was relevant but not on the level many of you have so I defer to your thoughts on peformance.

My most effective strategy for off host pistoling has been almost sweeping back and forth over the head in anticipation of the strafe since it seems to have a larger than normal delay. Is this bad practice? Trying to figure out what I should be aiming to try for. This feels different than I remember XBC and Gamespy feeling but maybe its just time and not playing for a while

Welp, this morning I've been able to get into a total of 0 games. If the patch to fix mm is coming next week it'll be too late to save this game. The people on my friends list who have this game have all gone back to CoD or Destiny already.

Yup, a couple night ago all my friends were on MCC. Last night they were all on Destiny/Netflix/TV. Sad.

Wooo more people selecting Halo 3 over CE Rat Race match. I've been waiting to play that map on Xbox Live in particular, nooooow Karma has slapped me with a fish!!!!

This shit is pissing me off more and more. It's hard enough finding a game, and then to find one only to play Halo 2 or Halo 3 is incredibly frustrating. If you want to play Halo 3 or Halo 2, there is literally a playlist where that's all you're going to play. Why does anyone who wants to play Halo 3 or Halo 2 need to come into the TS playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I concur. I have tried everything from leading huge amounts even in close range to none at all at long range and it feels like there is absolutely no ryhme or reason to it.

Then I had one game of host and every single shot connects and I go 28-4 (I'm a total CE noob).

So Ce vets please enlighten me if this is normal/ what I'm supposed to do because I sure am not going to figurer it out by myself.

the lead will be totally based on ping.  so everytime you are off-host it will be slightly different.  just gotta find what range it beeps at that game and stick with it.

when figuring lead try not to go off of if they are coming straight you.  it's when they are moving at or close to 90 degrees in relation to you.  so, then say they are coming at you at a 45 degree angle it will be around half the lead you previously figured.  also the farther they are the smaller it will be, the closer they are the larger it will be.  (not drastically, just a bit)

alot of it just comes down feeling it that game.  eventually it'll just come natural.  but, by then, they might have fixed the leading.  I'm pretty sure they are working on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Had one of those matches where the other team entirely quits out on HaloCE/PC, we just fucked around in Battle Creek...

:lxthul:

Had that happen on Damnation yesterday. My team also quit out after that so I just worked on nading things to myself. Halo CE's game timer is really long I came to find out lol

This shit is pissing me off more and more. It's hard enough finding a game, and then to find one only to play Halo 2 or Halo 3 is incredibly frustrating. If you want to play Halo 3 or Halo 2, there is literally a playlist where that's all you're going to play. Why does anyone who wants to play Halo 3 or Halo 2 need to come into the TS playlist?

Because for me, I literally cannot find a game in Halo 2 or Halo 3 playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the lead will be totally based on ping.  so everytime you are off-host it will be slightly different.  just gotta find what range it beeps at that game and stick with it.

when figuring lead try not to go off of if they are coming straight you.  it's when they are moving at or close to 90 degrees in relation to you.  so, then say they are coming at you at a 45 degree angle it will be around half the lead you previously figured.  also the farther they are the smaller it will be, the closer they are the larger it will be.  (not drastically, just a bit)

alot of it just comes down feeling it that game.  eventually it'll just come natural.  but, by then, they might have fixed the leading.  I'm pretty sure they are working on it.

Do we know if spread is the same as OG CE? I'm also interested if your own movement effect bullets like in OG CE and how auto aim compares.