CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The question is.. are they even teams? Are they even 4v4? I joined a game of yesterday and it started off 6v4 than proceeded to randomly turn to a 10 man FFA.

Side question.. In H2C when you die, shouldnt you be able to look around on death screen? Mine is stuck whenever I die

Halo 2 classic never let you look around. It was either watch your dead body get humped or switch to see where your teammates are.

I guess you are right. I was mainly questioning it on Derelict and Wizard. Aren't there supposed to be rockets on derelict?

@@Bravo

ask 343 why they removed rockets. We have no clue why there isn't one on the map.

I believe that Base Shields are still in the game.  I hear they're now classified as 'Infection Shields'?  I haven't checked it out myself though.  From what I'm hearing, you'll have to use primarily block pieces if you want your map to run smoothly.  Framerate seems to be about as bad as it was in Reach.  Specifically which pieces are problematic hasn't been determined yet, but maps with mostly block pieces are running the smoothest right now.  Also, don't trust the Performance Meter.  It's not completely reliable.

Cheers. Thanks for the info. I was planning on maybe starting a map this weekend, especially if matchmaking still isn't running quickly enough.

Can you change the colour of the shields though? That's the hinge right there...

@@Bravo

ask 343 why they removed rockets. We have no clue why there isn't one on the map.

It's a bug carried over from HaloPC. Along with the entirety of CE multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a bug carried over from HaloPC. Along with the entirety of CE multiplayer.

After the last two days I'm hesitant to even call it multiplayer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Bravo

I'm 90% sure it's because that spawn was originally a flamethrower. On xbox they decided to cut that weapon, and did a quick swap for rockets and didn't change the spawn time.

Now it's missing in this PC version because of the classic weapon set. I'm guessing the flamethrower might appear in that spawn with the right weapon setting

I have an idea. Stay with me...

Once 343 fixes this game and they ask for forgiveness in the worst launch since the Space Shuttle Challenger, we agree to let this all go on one condition...

They get rid of sprint and those god awful sights in Halo 5.

I'd call it even.

:lol: Best idea yet.

<if>message contains "cant/match/searching">Respond: "We are aware some players are having difficulty finding players in matchmaking, we are working around the clock to resolve these issues</if>

<if>message contains "wait/fucking/hour">Respond: "If you are experiencing longer than usual wait times, try backing out and searching again</if>

<if>message contains "throw/window/smash">Respond: "Here is a list of home improvement companies in your area...."</if>

Your syntax is all wrong.

Learn to code, nüb!  :kappa:

I just got off of the phone with Xbox live and I got a refund for my digital download of this piece of garbage game. I suggest you guys do the same. I still have two copies of this game on disk, I bought the digital download just to play on release. I was searching for a game for 45 minutes earlier, I have had enough.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm 90% sure it's because that spawn was originally a flamethrower. On xbox they decided to cut that weapon, and did a quick swap for rockets and didn't change the spawn time.

Now it's missing in this PC version because of the classic weapon set. I'm guessing the flamethrower might appear in that spawn with the right weapon setting

Yea, the flamethrower does appear without classic weapon set. Same as HPC.

I just got off of the phone with Xbox live and I got a refund for my digital download of this piece of garbage game. I suggest you guys do the same. I still have two copies of this game on disk, I bought the digital download just to play on release. I was searching for a game for 45 minutes earlier, I have had enough.

might do the same cos I got digital and hard copy.. only got digital too play at midnight which obvs I couldn't

Glad it worked!  If anyone else gets denied, usually people try a 2nd or 3rd different person and normally one will offer the return.  I think you can also do it through support chat so you don't have to call them.

Is the game still in your DL history by any chance? I did it last year with Minecraft, got a refund and it stayed on my HDD/DL history.

I.... Have the Bandana Skull accessible on CEA? If this is digital copy-specific that's beyond fucked up...

Wait... what? Pic or your lying... lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if you get the refund do you then lose the game? sorry if this is a stupid question haha

you're right...still...they have ppl at 343 who are familiar with halo 1...the former pros and quinn (the lead multiplayer) guy over there played h1 back in the day...all he did was brag about h1 leading up to the release of this game...and they couldn't add the rockets? ridiculous. 

Just searched for a match. When I finally found a 6v5 (in a 10 person game) it said the connection failed or something and kicked me back to main menu. BUT it brought everyone with me... I was now the party leader of the same people I had been matched with. So, trying to get at least one decent game going, I went to custom games and started a game. It sent me back to the main menu saying I had lost connection to the host.

If I was party leader, doesn't that mean I was the host..?

I've lost almost all faith I had in this company's abilities. It's actually laughable. I'm not trying to be mean for no reason. This is totally unacceptable. You've pretty much stolen all of our money. I spent $500 last weekend and have nothing to show for it. How am I supposed to voice my support for Halo to my friends who want to see it when this is what I have to show them?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Be a man: return them all.

Don't go all half-assed: COMMIT!

Just searched for a match. When I finally found a 6v5 (in a 10 person game) it said the connection failed or something and kicked me back to main menu. BUT it brought everyone with me... I was now the party leader of the same people I had been matched with. So, trying to get at least one decent game going, I went to custom games and started a game. It sent me back to the main menu saying I had lost connection to the host.

If I was party leader, doesn't that mean I was the host..?

I've lost almost all faith I had in this company's abilities. It's actually laughable. 

I really don't see how one problem is causing all of these weird MM issues. If they do fix it within a week great, but if this stuff is still happening after that it's going to be weeks/months until we are 100%.

you're right...still...they have ppl at 343 who are familiar with halo 1...the former pros and quinn (the lead multiplayer) guy over there played h1 back in the day...all he did was brag about h1 leading up to the release of this game...and they couldn't add the rockets? ridiculous.

I don't think they had time to do anything besides making sure the maps launched. The split screen text glitch and the zoom glitch are either recently introduced from the fov modification, or they've been there all along and they never noticed/had time to fix it.

Be a man: return them all.

Don't go all half-assed: COMMIT!

lol, then what will I do with my TWO Xbox One's that I purchased just for this game? If I could return those and the two games on disk I would. I have been an Halo only player since Halo CE, what they have done to loyal Halo fans with this debacle of a game is shameful! And to top it off in their press releases they minimize the scope of matchmaking issues, they make it sound like only some people are having problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to get games consistently in a week and maybe stay in parties. But the actual gameplay bugs that we are seeing (which are many) will take months to sort out. I will be exstatic if I'm wrong but there is a lot of tweaks that need to be made.