CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Two versions of H2A.

• Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)
  • War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

Another update shortly after

• Halo 2 HD
  • Halo 3 Port
  • Halo 4 Port
  • Halo 5

In the span of one year.

Dafuq did I just read?

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 please actually remake Halo 2. We don't need a Halo 3 or 4 port, Look at everyone who wants it

tumblr_mt96e1NmPO1qii6tmo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah not that the guy said it will include halo 3 and 4 ports this seems definitely fake now.

:/

Son of a fucking bitch. 

If they are true ports (vanilla assets) then it's not really out of the question. Especially if MS plans on allowing 360 games to be downloaded to the Xbox One at some point in the future, which is something that has been talked about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The leaker also posted this (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98910665#post98910665):

Makes zero financial sense to rekindle a huge following of Halo fans who were disillusioned after 4? 

Garnering a fuck ton of fans with a re-done classic, letting them experience 3 & 4 again on their XB1 if they want to, so they can roll into Halo 5 (with its promised old-school style game play) ready to go and caught up?

This clearly makes financial sense.

#WeBack?   :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 please actually remake Halo 2. We don't need a Halo 3 or 4 port, Look at everyone who wants it

tumblr_mt96e1NmPO1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Fuck you. I want Halo 3 on Xbox One.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will not invest too heavily in this rumor, but if it is true, then there is a very good chance it will have multiplayer.

Things we know about Halo on Xbox One ("Your journey begins 2014") :

• 60 FPS

• Cloud

Dedicated servers - it would be very odd for Microsoft to use expensive servers solely for co-op campaign.

Not to mention the confirmed concept art(the city photo)....which if i'm not mistaken, was new F****** Mombasa!

EDIT: Didn't i also see a quote stating that "City" is "Featured Prominently" sounds like h2 to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The leaker also posted this (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98910665#post98910665):

Makes zero financial sense to rekindle a huge following of Halo fans who were disillusioned after 4? 

Garnering a fuck ton of fans with a re-done classic, letting them experience 3 & 4 again on their XB1 if they want to, so they can roll into Halo 5 (with its promised old-school style game play) ready to go and caught up?

This clearly makes financial sense.

#WeBack?   :lxthul:

As soon as I thought I was skeptical, he brings M$ logic to the table.

Fuck you. I want Halo 3 on Xbox One.

#LegacyTech  :kappa:

I can still play H3 on Xbl, not H2. Plus H2>H3 imo

I give this thread 2-3 more hrs before it's locked because the rumor is false. Why would 343 remake Halo 2 with a full multiplayer and sabotage the release of Halo 5? Who is going to play a sequel to Halo 4 when they can play Halo 2 with updated gfx? This is a business and they would never cripple the sales of a NEW halo game by remaking an old title. It's way too many things conflicting between both games to see this as a possibility.

think people...think

Also...did we forget this?

">

Exactly he said your next halo journey not halo 5. Getting excited!

CE never had multiplayer and it made no sense to release a new multiplayer that soon after Reach. They weren't lazy, it just wasn't viable and wasn't in line with their visions of Halo.

ce has multiplayer. i played it like 4 days ago bro.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Microsoft knows there behind sony in sales. What better way to catch up than halo? I could see H2A happening. I dont know about the ports though.

A couple things I am thinking here.

1. It wont have multiplayer (riots will ensue, the Halo community will rise up like never before, competitive and casuals alike will band together, joining forces causing full scale war and chaos)

2. It will have multiplayer + a Halo 5 beta invite like the rumor states

3. This is all fake, Halo 2 is dad and all that is left is Halo 2 Vista ghost wars on coagulation & Columbia host on Xbox Connect. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Halo 2's 10 year anniversary IS this year. It gives 343 an excuse to delay Halo 5 one more year, and also is guaranteed money in their pockets. It isn't going to be as time consuming to develop as a full fledged new title would be as well. As for the Halo 3 and Halo 4 port rumors, I am skeptical. The Xbox One and 360 have different archtectures (x86 and PowerPC, respectively) the games would have to be ported over which would require some work. If MS brings 360 emulation to the Xbox One this year, however, then it would be entirely plausible, and extremely simple on 343's end.

Anyways, this would be a perfect way to bring in new players. MS would also be making bank.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A couple things I am thinking here.

1. It wont have multiplayer (riots will ensue, the Halo community will rise up like never before, competitive and casuals alike will band together, joining forces causing full scale war and chaos)

2. It will have multiplayer + a Halo 5 beta invite like the rumor states

3. This is all fake, Halo 2 is dad and all that is left is Halo 2 Vista ghost wars on coagulation 

You gotta drop anchor somewhere.

ce has multiplayer. i played it like 4 days ago bro.

Pretty sure he meant multiplayer over Xbox Live. There is a difference, and making Halo CE Live compatible and porting over Halo 2's MP is probably completely different.

343 would be dumb not to push this through if it wasn't being worked on already. all this hype for a 10 year old game. I'm sure Microsoft is seeing green right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1