CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I am genuinely not being sarcastic, never understood the hate for H3 at all, it's a good Halo game

Well that's debatable.

This update broke the game even more. I was finding games last night and now I can't find any. Even when I search for two minutes and back out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My love for Halo is greater for my hate of the people responsible for this. I hope the game does well long-term.

*edit*

@ I wonder how many people are going to pass this semester ONLY because they can't play MCC. Blessing in disguise? :kappa:

nah cuz project m 3.5 is coming out on friday. ganon can float bro
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The population on this thing is going to be through the floor by the time even just matchmaking and the party system are fixed.

This update broke the game even more. I was finding games last night and now I can't find any. Even when I search for two minutes and back out.

Agreed. :/ 

This is getting ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im sure it got worse :/ I was getting lots of games before, I can't get fuck all now. been trying 45mins

All these posts with people literally crying and saying how 343 ruined their life reminds me of the bungie.net forums when H3 was out. Fun times.

Just wait until the update rolls out and do something else until then.  That's what I did with Advanced Warfare and GTA V.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's one thing people should realize. The publisher Microsoft, may have set deadlines that were non negotiable. This is not uncommon in software development. The devs can say time and time again that the product isn't ready but if the publisher decides it's time to release then that's it.

The clearly unfinished state of this game leads me to believe something like this happened. Nobody in 343 thought this game was done, I can almost guarantee that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So I have this really strange problem in the Master Chief Collection, Or more like Halo 2 Anniversary control's. I swapped the triggers since they now give this incredible option so I can finally play lefty bumper jumper, and a problem has kinda surfaced. Dual wielding won't work in Halo 2 Anniversary. What I mean by that is when I pick up the secondary gun, instead of the player shooting the gun like he should. He just drops it, and throws a grenade. It's strange. Cause it doesn't happen in Halo 2 Classic, Halo 3, Or Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign.

Also just got done playing a Halo 2 Anniversary Rumble Pit match, and notice the Banshee wouldn't shoot for me either with the triggers swapped. The reason it won't shoot is because the controls for the Banshee do not flip. Boost stays on the left trigger which is what I use to shoot. And the right trigger just does nothing since the boost, and shooting don't flip. 

I know these are nowhere near the biggest problems with the game right now, but I figured I would just get it out there, and see if anyone else has the same problem.

I really worry about population, I don't want it to become difficult to find games once the game is actually fully working.

There's one thing people should realize. The publisher Microsoft, may have set deadlines that were non negotiable. This is not uncommon in software development. The devs can say time and time again that the product isn't ready but if the publisher decides it's time to release then that's it.

The clearly unfinished state of this game leads me to believe something like this happened. Nobody in 343 thought this game was done, I can almost guarantee that.

They said something about 'not being finished' hours after MCC went 'gold'. I foresaw launch hiccups after this "discrepancy".

It would be better if November wasn't always the target date for games. That way we would have more solid finished games at launch. But I know that will never happen with the big games; it's all about the $$$.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yaeah I play Southpaw too and ran into this.  Even if you're out of grenades RT won't shoot, your spartan does nothing.

Not all of us have to think the same on everything.

Now can we drop this Halo 3 hate?

It would be a rather pointless one

Ya, I'm not going to debate it, people are entitled to like what they want to like. I almost would like to get into a debate on something to pass the time between games though.... It's taking so long now.

I was excited to hop onto MCC after I get off work in about 10 minutes, but it sounds like matchmaking went from completely broken but able to find a few games here and there to matchmaking being completely broken and not being able to find any games.

Seems like it made a full circle, but since that's where I started yesterday I guess I won't notice the difference.

I've been able to join a person who found a guy in a post game lobby once to play two games in a row (party got split though), and other than that, I have not been able to successfully search out a game to get matched into a single freakin' time.  Not once. 

I'm not even gonna try MP until they fix it all. Doing all the campaigns first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yep

Word.  That's pretty cool.

I agree.  I've assumed this to be true since I saw the problems.