CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I really hope they tune down the aim assist for a lot of the weapons now that we have dedis. That would be so cool.

Uhm Dedis are only confirmed for H5. And the leaks never mentioned Dedis for Halo 2.

And I hope there's a way to implement button combos while circumventing modded controllers. There's no greater feeling than embarassing someone with a quadshot while you have no shields. 

I am no tech expert but isn't there a way to detect modded controller use? Then they could just ban modded controllers from being usable in H2A.

I am no tech expert but isn't there a way to detect modded controller use? Then they could just ban modded controllers from being usable in H2A.

no.

At this point, the only one who doesn't know Halo 2 Anniversary is happening is 343

Really pushing this video eh? 3rd time ive seen it on the forums today.

anyways, Interesting watch. i'm not going to start saying its confirmed, but everything is really falling into place for a multiplayer halo this year. I'd be pretty shocked at this point if it didnt happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really pushing this video eh? 3rd time ive seen it on the forums today.

anyways, Interesting watch. i'm not going to start saying its confirmed, but everything is really falling into place for a multiplayer halo this year. I'd be pretty shocked at this point if it didnt happen.

sorry i tried posting it before and it didn't go through but it must have, sorry for spam. yeah im getting pumped for it :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

sorry i tried posting it before and it didn't go through but it must have, sorry for spam. yeah im getting pumped for it :)

I think one of the mods merged it into the H2A thread after you posted it 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo reach had it's problems out of the box, but damn it still looks and played like halo, minus the sprint and no br. Halo 4 was such a disaster

ba863ea7bf788766daa497422ccde579.png

Might wanna consider changing the thumbnail.

Anyways, I'll admit I'd be surprised if they didn't release some kind of MP experience this year. Halo 4 was released in 2012 and it's a new console. As long as it's not a Reach kind of thing where we just get a lot of classic maps on the Halo 4 engine...

But one year (2014 to 2015) feels rather short for the length of a MP experience. It would make sense if their goal was to gauge how popular the classic Halo experience is for the launch of Halo 5, but still. Unless their goal is to offer two very separate experiences and please everyone, with classic Halo and modern Halo being active at the same time. Would be a bit awkward and split communities more than ever, so I'm skeptical on this one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless their goal is to offer two very separate experiences and please everyone, with classic Halo and modern Halo being active at the same time.

Only one would be active.

What if they use Halo 2 MP as a base for the collection but add all the modes into that? As in some maps from Halo 1, Halo 3 and 4 into Halo 2? And new modes introduced from 4 and Halo 3 like Extraction and Ricochet for example? I don't think I'd need another game ever again if that were to happen.

This kind of puts of puts a damper on the Halo 2 Anniversary hype train. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's not a 1for1 remake of H2 MP, at least let it be something good. H2 physics/mechanics on a mix of the best maps from each game at least.

Give me a multiplayer experience with Halo 2's maps, Halo 3's art style, and Halo 4's netcode, and I'll never need another game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope by tweaked they mean lowered aim assist/bullet magnetism, H3 melee system, reduced lunge, button glitches available in custom games only, H3 power weapon respawn system and everything else is the same that would make H2 perfect IMO.

If it's Halo 4 multiplayer.....fuck you 343 for teasing us for this long if it's not going too be the H2 gameplay they should of told us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh Jesus, theyre going to release it on H4's engine aren't they? -_-

Releasing on Halo 4's engine can mean many different things.

It is very much possible that Halo 2 will be a seperate game from Halo 4. A smart thing for 343 to have done is simply have the design team/Certain Affinity use the Halo 4 engine to design a map pack like in CEA, and have the coding team tweak the Halo 4 engine to match Halo 2's mechanics (descope, no sprint, speed, player models, etc.)

H2A itself would be seperate from Halo 4, there would not be an "Anniversary" playlist or any DLC for that matter, it would just be defining how the MP is being built.

Doing this would in turn remove the bugs and glitches of Halo 2 (super bouncing and button combos), while adding the engine benefits of Halo 4 such as graphics and shot registration.

No, just no...

It better be the original H2 or 343 will have screwed up two remakes of two of my fav games :(

Its called a REMAKE because people want the same experience they had back then, only updated technical wise and graphics wise to be optimal for the modern day. New maps and maybe some new campaign missions should be enough "new content" to get the casual to buy it again.

• Upvote (+1) 3