CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah, but if they bring out H2A with it's original multiplayer, then it's all good. In fact it will probably have a bigger population than what Halo 5 will have lol.

H2A 'classic multiplayer' ----> Any Halo game ;D

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah...but being runner up isn't so bad

• Upvote (+1) 5

nah...but being runner up isn't so bad

Really cannot wait for it, I hope this brings me back in time.

Quad Shot For Daysss!

Even if there were no modders, wouldn't it still be almost impossible(more like improbable)to get a 50? I wonder how many games in a row you have to win to rank up at that level.

There were a few legit 50's in snipers after the update, and some pro's were pretty high in Hardcore, but even without all the cheating it would take one solid squad to go on one hell of a streak lol. Searching random and hitting 40-50 would be almost impossible. It would be the ultimate bragging rights for us online warriors though, to achieve the elusive Halo ring 50  :walshy:

I cant wait for the #H2A50 Grind streams though, that would be so epic to watch the race between Ninja/Naded or even witness some random kid get the first 50!

One thing I love about ranks/clans is that it encourages people to play together and form a bond over shared game experiences, that is what MP shooters are all about to me, that is what originally made games like H2 great social and competitive experiences  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think H2A should have button combos and super jump?

Do you think they should keep that or remove it? Im not really sure

BXR!!! anyone

I cant wait for the #H2A50 Grind streams though, that would be so epic to watch the race between Ninja/Naded or even witness some random kid get the first 50!

About that.

H2 used ELO. Fairly certain MS now requires games with MM to use its trueskill system.

Do you guys think H2A should have button combos and super jump?

Do you think they should keep that or remove it? Im not really sure

BXR!!! anyone

No

Superjumps were already fix'd in the PC Version of Halo 2. And the PC Version will probably be the Codebase for the Anniversary Edition. Like Halo PC was for CEA.

And IMO they should remove weapon glitches, or make them only available in Custom games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know after all this hype about it getting remade, imagine everyone's anger if it doesn't get made after all :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

No

Superjumps were already fix'd in the PC Version of Halo 2. And the PC Version will probably be the Codebase for the Anniversary Edition. Like Halo PC was for CEA.

And IMO they should remove weapon glitches, or make them only available in Custom games.

I would have to agree. If they could just remove them and keep the game feeling the same then i would like that better. I really hated modded controllers and doing the weapon combos was annoying when people would just bxr you constantly.

I liked them back in the day but if they were gone it wouldnt make me mad.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No matter what happens with H2A...it will never feel like Halo 2 again imo. 

If it still has the button combos, I'm not picking it up. They're glitches in the game that shouldn't even be part of the game to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

If it still has the button combos, I'm not picking it up. They're glitches in the game that shouldn't even be part of the game to begin with.

Oh no! Please, pleaaaase stay!

My only issue with button combos is modded controllers ruining the experience for everyone who doesn't have one. I think the game is better with them in, but I think the game will be even worse off if there are people using controllers to circumvent the skill required to pull them off. If there is some way to determine if someone is using said controllers, and something can be done about it then they should stay in the game, but if not which is the likely answer, they need to go.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My only issue with button combos is modded controllers ruining the experience for everyone who doesn't have one. I think the game is better with them in, but I think the game will be even worse off if there are people using controllers to circumvent the skill required to pull them off. If there is some way to determine if someone is using said controllers, and something can be done about it then they should stay in the game, but if not which is the likely answer, they need to go.

PC FPS are WAY more susceptible to modders and aimbots, and you want to know how people prevent that from happening? They fkn host their own servers where they can boot the cheaters and dont treat pubs seriously for competition as did the H2 community back in the day. Were talking probably less than 1 percent of all players that COULD(seeing as how this could be prevented) abuse modded controllers(in MM). The H2 community of old dealt with some of the worst cheating ever in an online game by bonding together. I think it would be a good thing for customs to become the primary way to play competitively again any-ways and more like the original H2 community.

H2A will have to have button glitches for it to be anywhere near as good as original MP. Close range combat has been a joke ever since double melee and BXR were removed. People can mod their controllers all they want, I don't give a shit because the amount of people without modded controllers will always far outweigh those with them.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know after all this hype about it getting remade, imagine everyone's anger if it doesn't get made after all :P

Apocalypse incoming.

I remember watching a conference from I think EA years ago where they brought down stations from the ceiling for people to play a quick game of something(maybe BF) on stage during the conference. Not saying it's going to happen with H2A but it could.

It was last year pretty sure.

No

Button glitches increasing skillgasp but yeah no one wants to get quadshotted everytime by modded controllers, so yeah i can life with custom games only.

This is kinda pessimistic, yet true because people won't have the same feeling they did back in 2004. I still remember my very first game, a Rumble Pit match on Lockout. I was amazed at how Xbox Live worked. H2A won't be anything groundbreaking, unless they add some clever things, like spectator mode. 

Still, if we get a H2A, it's at least something solid to play. I miss the Halo Xbox Live experience and it would be great to play again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope they tune down the aim assist for a lot of the weapons now that we have dedis. That would be so cool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is kinda pessimistic, yet true because people won't have the same feeling they did back in 2004. I still remember my very first game, a Rumble Pit match on Lockout. I was amazed at how Xbox Live worked. H2A won't be anything groundbreaking, unless they add some clever things, like spectator mode. 

Still, if we get a H2A, it's at least something solid to play. I miss the Halo Xbox Live experience and it would be great to play again. 

I think the amount of newcomers to halo will give it a very new feel.

And I hope there's a way to implement button combos while circumventing modded controllers. There's no greater feeling than embarassing someone with a quadshot while you have no shields. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1