CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I was level 4, now all of a sudden I'm level 1 again without playing a game.

I went from 2, to 1, to unranked, back up to 1 by just backing out of failed searches and restarting matchmaking. My brother can verify lol.

4v3 Blood Gulch was a gem. I played that until the other team slowly quit out.

My favorite thing right now is when you finish a game, but accidentally back out of a lobby which we all know is a cardinal sin because it boots everyone into a matchmaking purgatory, then try to get everyone back together but your roster says you're all in the same lobby, so you go to kick the people out of your lobby that aren't there, which places you in THEIR lobby somehow, but they don't want to be party leader and unfortunately there is no way to change leader manually so you leave that lobby to try and invite everyone once again but your roster isn't popping up at all so you go to your XBL party to invite them that way but the "Invite to game" option is greyed out so you just go your separate ways and play campaign.

My head hurts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone explain how a game can abrubtly end whenever? No quit outs or anything, the game just ends.. Like the modders on halo 3 could do it.

I found out how to get games everyone.  So basically you need to restart the game after every match and if you ever get a message say that you can't connect to host, you need to restart it again.  I've been getting matches all night this way.  It's a pain in the ass but it works.  

And when I say you need to restart the game you literally have to go the dashboard, press start on the game, and say quit.

Thanks, let me try that.

343 you will always be 1th in my heart

This actually made me LOL!

Omg, these glitches are just too funny! Matchmade a H3 game, and for some reason, it put me in a Multi Team game xD

Can anyone explain how a game can abrubtly end whenever? No quit outs or anything, the game just ends.. Like the modders on halo 3 could do it.

If you want a technical answer,

Gametype scripting has pretty simple logic. There is a script that basically ends the game. It triggers the announcer cue, tallies up the final score, disables every other script while the game 'shuts down'. Obviously, every script has a trigger, and the correct trigger for the game over clause is time running out, score limit being reached, or an entire team quitting. 

It appears that there are now multiple incorrect triggers for a game over script. God knows what they could be, but that's what is happening. It could be as simple as getting a kill in a specific way. A headshot at 7:03 remaining on the clock could trigger it. With H4 and H2A being ran on Megalo, which is very different from Haloscript of H3/2/1, there are MANY more possibilities even. The second place player hopping into a gungoose on a certain coordinate with five minutes on the clock could fire the trigger.

(Incorrect script triggers are probably a nightmare to find and fix.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

playing a 3v3 1 flag on lockout stuck with a guest who got split from his buddy game goes blackscreen for 10 seconds and after the game came back i was magically on the other team playing a 4v2

343 HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MESS UP SOMETHING SO SIMPLE THIS BAD 

I'm living out of a hotel for the next two weeks and forced to use their free but shitty internet. I'm stuck at 78% and have been for probably a 2-3 hours now. Suggestions?

Man I want to stop the update entirely and just redownload but... it's literally going to take 24+ hours. I have been downloading since last night.

When I can actually get into a MM game for MCC I'm hearing the menu switching sounds when I move my left thumbstick to the right or left.. Only happens in MM not customs.. Just wondering if anyone else has this bug aswell?

Some guy on Reddit is claiming that the Halo 2 ranks are just a skin and that we will actually be matched up based on some invisible ranking that works like Elo.

If this is true, why would they even do that? Normally I would just dismis him, but after this launch I don't know what to believe.

Let's just hope the new players on the fence about this is spending their time. On campaign for the next week or so. Lol

Some guy on Reddit is claiming that the Halo 2 ranks are just a skin and that we will actually be matched up based on some invisible ranking that works like Elo.

If this is true, why would they even do that? Normally I would just dismis him, but after this launch I don't know what to believe.

I mean its possible but who the fuck knows? There's no way to tell with every game starting uneven and players being split up. It's literally one big clusterfuck.

Ohhh boy. I mean granted might not be true but the list just keeps growing longer.

Haha yeah same hey. I was like 'Rdy 2 rek sum skrubs!1!!1!!111!!' went like 5/11 in my first Halo 2 game. So much to relearn. I miss this.

Same here dude. I'm so rusty but if feels so good to be returning to games that have some actual skill gap. 

It was already confirmed there are two different ranking systems in MCC.  The visual H2 one we see is just the exp ranking system.  Who we are being matched against with and the one that determines our skill rank is hidden.

Haha yeah same hey. I was like 'Rdy 2 rek sum skrubs!1!!1!!111!!' went like 5/11 in my first Halo 2 game. So much to relearn. I miss this.

I got team killed because I took the first two deaths.

Fuck that Spartan 0S36 guy like so totally gosh...~~~