CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Snowbound, Avalanche and Sandtrap? WTF

??? Some of my favorite BTB maps. Figured everybody loved Sandtrap, and the others were well liked as well...

??? Some of my favorite BTB maps. Figured everybody loved Sandtrap, and the others were well liked as well...

Nah man we need more maps that are shaped like circles :frank:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not a fan of Snowbound at all, but Sandtrap and Avalanche were fun BTB maps for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got any suggestions?

Terminal, Containment, Headlong, Gemini, Relic and Coagulation.

Thats not even mentioning H2 vista maps.

I really did like waterworks also.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Terminal, Containment, Headlong, Gemini, Relic and Coagulation.

Thats not even mentioning H2 vista maps.

I really did like waterworks also.

Coag is redundant with BG. How could you leave Midship & Lockout out? Their two of the most famous halo maps, and competitive mainstays (as well as Sanc.) 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maps I would add to the list.

Wizard, Prisoner, Ivory Tower, Headlong, Relic, Sandbox, Citadel, Construct, Valhalla, Skyline, Monolith, Forge Island.
(Halo PC: Danger Canyon, Timberland and Death Island, just for fun)

- But Shadow.. Forge Island is a Forge map...

WELL, I WANT BIG FORGE MAP GODAMMIT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sandtrap might actually work on a game with decent hit registration to be fair. Avalanche for me was only good when you have sniper or laser and going against a team on that map was horrible, just keyhole battle the whole game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Coag is redundant with BG. How could you leave Midship & Lockout out? Their two of the most famous halo maps, and competitive mainstays (as well as Sanc.) 

I didnt mention them because you already did. I was just saying that there were better maps than some of the ones you listed. Of coarse they are good maps but i would rather just have H2A so that i could play all the great halo 2 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They want to sell consoles, millions aren't going to buy Xbox 1's just for Campaign remakes. It makes sense that they give us H2A MP along with the rumoured Campaign ports to hold us over until 2015. They'd be stupid to make us wait ANOTHER year for a playable MP on XBL again.

It wouldn't make sense to split up the population between H5 and H2A. If they had a H5 beta, I don't think it'll be too long to wait for it, certainly wouldn't be as long as a year. 

I didnt mention them because you already did. I was just saying that there were better maps than some of the ones you listed. Of coarse they are good maps but i would rather just have H2A so that i could play all the great halo 2 maps.

Gotcha. Praying that they release H2A w/ all the maps. I was suggesting that list for H5 DLC...

sprint

armour abilities

bloom

recoil

hud bobbing

no descope

fall damage

quite a big sudden change to the game without any reason for it in the story. the only thing that is similar mechanics wise would be shields. everything else has changed

You didn't spawn with AAs though. It's not like Multiplayer where you pick and choose your loadout. H3 had things like invincibility and camo as equipment in campaign. 

Bloom isn't on any of the really important weapons though. Mostly just visual.

Recoil has been in most games, hasn't it?

Hud bobbin is just a visual effect. I thought H4's campaign hud was amazing.

Descope doesn't make a big difference in campaign. 

Fall Damage is new, but technically it's been in the game before. 

It wouldn't make sense to split up the population between H5 and H2A. If they had a H5 beta, I don't think it'll be too long to wait for it, certainly wouldn't be as long as a year. 

Are they going to split the playerbase when Halo 6 and 7 will release? Sry but the situation wouldnt be different in the future.

And a Halo 5 Beta wont last that long.

Beta tests these days are only 2 to 3 weeks.

Halo 2 MP will fine. Most Casuals will move to Halo 5 and people who dont like Halo 5 will go back to 2s MP. Same will happen with H6 and 7.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, fall damage was in the first Halo. 

The only games without fall damage were 2 and 3.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You didn't spawn with AAs though. It's not like Multiplayer where you pick and choose your loadout. H3 had things like invincibility and camo as equipment in campaign. 

Bloom isn't on any of the really important weapons though. Mostly just visual.

Recoil has been in most games, hasn't it?

Hud bobbin is just a visual effect. I thought H4's campaign hud was amazing.

Descope doesn't make a big difference in campaign. 

Fall Damage is new, but technically it's been in the game before. 

*sigh*

the point is that you go from H3 to H4 with all these changes without no explanation, they're just there. its very jarring and confusing. not to mention why the you're now fighting the elites again even though they became your allies in H2. its a big enough of a jump to throw people off the game.

why does master chief start taking fall damage again after loosing that quirk after his suite upgrade at the start of h2?

why is he suddenly unable to run at full speed while aiming like before and has to sprint periodically?

how is he able to use armour abilities even though this is a NEW technology?

why before he could hold his aim perfectly has to wait between shots for bloom?

how come he doesn't get knocked out of scope now?

why is the hud now an-able to stay at the same position of his head even though he's using the same suite?

why are elites now his enemy again?

the problem is that h4 doesn't continue where h3 left of mechanics wise, it continues where reach left off. reach is the middle game for all the new stuff that transitioning to h4 isn't so bad, but to go straight from h3 to h4 is very distressing. all the  holes in the story and extremely linear campaign layout just makes things worse.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The only games without fall damage were 2 and 3.

Yeah, I'd personally rather it not be in the game.

Putting CE/H2/H3/H4 multiplayer on One is nothing short of potato. They want to condense/create a core Halo Xbone community. They would only put a single MP on One and if it's not H2, we go to war.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down. 

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1."

Re-posted from my reddit post:

Hopefully they'll do it this way:

Collection comes with H2A including full original multiplayer, and H1, H3, H4 campaigns. Plus, you get H5 beta, and DLC for H5.

The ultimate DLC in my eyes for H5 would be these maps:

H1: Battle Creek, Blood Gulch, Chill Out, Damnation, Hang 'Em High, Rat Race.

H2: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Waterworks, Zanzibar.

H3: Avalanche, Guardian, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Snowbound, The Pit.

H4: Exile, Haven.

Obviously these would have H5 mechanics, but if made correctly, then they would have the same feel as the originals. (In my perfect world, H5 DMR would be comparable to H1 pistol, and on-map pickup). 

I wouldn't pay for any Halo 4 map again, especially the two most pretentious and overplayed ones. Remaking the entire game is the only way to get straight map remakes to work (since Halo never plays the same in the next game). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 was poorly thought out in many ways. I'm willing to give them a slight pass considering their dev cycle, new team, lack of personnel experienced in Halo.

They have 0 excuses for Halo 5. They have more than enough time, they have hired so many guys that know Halo MP better than anyone. They hired MLGs lead video/stream guy, they know what the community is asking for. They are so loaded that there are no second chances.

I agreed. That's why in my honest opinion, Halo 5 will let us know if... the Halo Franchise can fucking revive and use the coffin to beat badly other franchises... or, it's buried under Minecraft's Bedrock. 

• Upvote (+1) 2