CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Sorry about that post @Forum Mods

It won't happen again

I just want to say that my intention was never to make :beyond: into an E for everybody forum where speaking gods name in vein brings out the banhammer, I just found your post distracting that is all, no punishment needed :)

You mean a mode where instead of it saying dead it says dad? Or how about instead of showing the current population it shows how many people have left? Sounds like a blast.

Bluejay, making fun of "HaloisDad" is getting as boring and as annoying as HaloisDad.

Coach Mode is for Coaches... where they have a small map with the weapons spawns and the team's location. Something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bluejay, making fun of "HaloisDad" is getting as boring and as annoying as HaloisDad.

Coach Mode is for Coaches... where they have a small map with the weapons spawns and the team's location. Something like that.

That would be awesome. While an in game implementation would be cool for scrims, I think it would be even better if it had a Smartglass implementation. That way coaches could have a tablet at events with all that information avalaible to them while also being able to stand behind the players and watch screens. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bravo is at 343. A coach mode wouldn't surprise me. Well, it would. But it wouldn't.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

If it is campaign only then not really. H4 is pretty similar mechanics wise to the other Halos. Biggest change is probably just sprint.

sprint

armour abilities

bloom

recoil

hud bobbing

no descope

fall damage

quite a big sudden change to the game without any reason for it in the story. the only thing that is similar mechanics wise would be shields. everything else has changed

After the recent leak information, my new guess:

Halo 1/2/3/4 Campaigns + Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer (in the vein of Halo: CE with updated graphics/nothing else touched but with H2 MP)

• Halo 3/4 servers are still up, don't want to alienate the population too much
  • Halo 1/3/4 are already in "HD", still work to do there but "not as much as usual" to port
  • Everyone and their mothers want H2A MP for the most part
  • Halo 2 ten year and the journey is continuing this year. Can't see Spartan Ops 2 starting this one
  • Saber Interactive working on a Xbox One title

Now remember I'm talking out of my ass but I would easily pay $100 for this, but can see the price being $60 and giving this community a much needed boost while they focus on Halo 5.

------

Also if that does happen, I'll rework the OP and title for this thread after E3. We will continue the discussion in this thread.

I agree.

But i have to say that the Xbox 360 Halo3/4 servers wont matter. THere wont be crossgen Play. But yeah Halo 1,3 and 4 probably will only have Online Coop and no PvP stuff.

And i dont know, maybe im looking too much into that, but Frankies letter on Waypoint really teased to me that Halo 2 Anniversary with MP is coming. He praised Halo 2 for MP and that it made Xbox Live etc.

It has to have H2 MP. I don't believe they would launch these games and not have at least one MP experience.

• Upvote (+1) 4

After the recent leak information, my new guess:

Halo 1/2/3/4 Campaigns + Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer (in the vein of Halo: CE with updated graphics/nothing else touched but with H2 MP)

• Halo 3/4 servers are still up, don't want to alienate the population too much
  • Halo 1/3/4 are already in "HD", still work to do there but "not as much as usual" to port
  • Everyone and their mothers want H2A MP for the most part
  • Halo 2 ten year and the journey is continuing this year. Can't see Spartan Ops 2 starting this one
  • Saber Interactive working on a Xbox One title

Now remember I'm talking out of my ass but I would easily pay $100 for this, but can see the price being $60 and giving this community a much needed boost while they focus on Halo 5.

------

Also if that does happen, I'll rework the OP and title for this thread after E3. We will continue the discussion in this thread.

I know you're just guessing here, but do you think releasing a multiplayer game this year would a good idea, since H5 is coming out in a year? Even if the H5 multiplayer is similiar to H2 (very doubtful, but you never know), I still don't think its plausable. 

I had a dream....that one day the modders would be expelled from the H2 servers, and skilled players would once again take back their rightful place atop the H2 ranked playlists in pursuit of the almighty Halo ring!  :Halo: I SAY NO MORE FLYING TANKS SPAWNKILLING, NO MORE GOKU SPARTANS, NO MORE AIMBOTS, BE GONE CHEATERS!  343...will you grant an old Spartan another chance at glory?  :wub:

halo-2-ranking-system.jpg

Even if there were no modders, wouldn't it still be almost impossible(more like improbable)to get a 50? I wonder how many games in a row you have to win to rank up at that level.

I really wish I had XbL when Halo 2 was in it's prime :(

I know how you feel bro, it depresses me to think that halo 3 was the last time I enjoyed halo on a consistent basis.

Yeah, but if they bring out H2A with it's original multiplayer, then it's all good. In fact it will probably have a bigger population than what Halo 5 will have lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know you're just guessing here, but do you think releasing a multiplayer game this year would a good idea, since H5 is coming out in a year? Even if the H5 multiplayer is similiar to H2 (very doubtful, but you never know), I still don't think its plausable. 

They want to sell consoles, millions aren't going to buy Xbox 1's just for Campaign remakes. It makes sense that they give us H2A MP along with the rumoured Campaign ports to hold us over until 2015. They'd be stupid to make us wait ANOTHER year for a playable MP on XBL again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think that the best way to do the multiplayer for this would be to have it be base Halo 2 multiplayer and just have all the maps from the Halo 2 and 3 in there. The newer versions of the same maps would be used so most of the H1 maps would be unnecessary.

Re-posted from my reddit post:

Hopefully they'll do it this way:

Collection comes with H2A including full original multiplayer, and H1, H3, H4 campaigns. Plus, you get H5 beta, and DLC for H5.

The ultimate DLC in my eyes for H5 would be these maps:

H1: Battle Creek, Blood Gulch, Chill Out, Damnation, Hang 'Em High, Rat Race.

H2: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Waterworks, Zanzibar.

H3: Avalanche, Guardian, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Snowbound, The Pit.

H4: Exile, Haven.

Obviously these would have H5 mechanics, but if made correctly, then they would have the same feel as the originals. (In my perfect world, H5 DMR would be comparable to H1 pistol, and on-map pickup). 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 with original MP? That's a waste of opportunities man imo.

Personally, don't wanna see people using modded controllers with button glitches, or superman jumping the shit out of everyone in MM, or a shitty connection/netcode or no spec-mode.

Imagine Halo 2 with Forge, Theater, Spec-Mode, Arena Ranking System (or Josh Menke's Ranking System), Coach Mode, Better options for Customs, More customization for your Spartan/Elite.

Halo 3 in my opinion, did good and bad with a lot of things and if Halo 2 came with all the things mentioned above, it could easily surpass the original game. While of course, keeping the classic and original gameplay.

You are right man, and why would anyone not want to add more good stuff to an already great thing?  

What I said was more of just a focus on your last sentence. It HAS to stay true to classic H2 and original gameplay.  That is all I mean.  If H2A is just something that is put out on the H4 engine, it will fail, without a doubt.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just want Halo 2 MP with Halo 2 maps. If H2A is really a thing it would make sense for that to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are right man, and why would anyone not want to add more good stuff to an already great thing?  

What I said was more of just a focus on your last sentence. It HAS to stay true to classic H2 and original gameplay.  That is all I mean.  If H2A is just something that is put out on the H4 engine, it will fail, without a doubt.  

Agreed. It'll fail faster and deeper and probably make a black hole killing our community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Re-posted from my reddit post:

Hopefully they'll do it this way:

Collection comes with H2A including full original multiplayer, and H1, H3, H4 campaigns. Plus, you get H5 beta, and DLC for H5.

The ultimate DLC in my eyes for H5 would be these maps:

H1: Battle Creek, Blood Gulch, Chill Out, Damnation, Hang 'Em High, Rat Race.

H2: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Waterworks, Zanzibar.

H3: Avalanche, Guardian, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Snowbound, The Pit.

H4: Exile, Haven.

Obviously these would have H5 mechanics, but if made correctly, then they would have the same feel as the originals. (In my perfect world, H5 DMR would be comparable to H1 pistol, and on-map pickup). 

There are a lot better h2 maps than the ones that you listed.

• Upvote (+1) 1