CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

100% Yes. I may not be able to get online until earliest late tomorrow evening but add me for some frolicking online.

Actually, everyone in the UK (and EU, i'm no Farage) feel free to send me an invite / friend request!

I won't be on till Thursday but I will definitely bang out some games with the Beyond crew before I head back to Uni. 

Nice, Halo Channel is available in Xbox One. There's the Bulletin in video format... with H5 Behind the Scenes!... showing the leaked footage in the background... people... sprinting...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice, Halo Channel is available in Xbox One. There's the Bulletin in video format... with H5 Behind the Scenes!... showing the leaked footage in the background... people... sprinting...

I am in class. Please keep us informed up anything changes or news that is added to the halo channel! Thanks

Ghost and Neighbor played on Damnation in a LAN environnement vs Dersky and someone else (all 4 players were in the same house). I watched Neighbor's stream who wasn't hosting the game and it looked great, arguably better than OG Xbox off host on LAN

I didn't catch that - sounds promising indeed! Can only speak for myself, but I never expected online H1 to work great in MCC. Especially considering the fact that Gearbox didn't manage to get it working well with all the time they had - and they only had to port a single game.

The most important thing about MCC is that we get a good H1 version that can be played with modern hardware on LAN. Anything else is a bonus imho. The fact that old hardware will die, and would have taked the game with it if it wasn't for MCC, is often overlooked in these forums it seems.

I am in class. Please keep us informed up anything changes or news that is added to the halo channel! Thanks

No worries. The only thing right now available is all the terminals (Including Halo 2: Anniversary) some videos created by 343 such as Breaking Down maps, Community Creations, Bulletin, List of Streams, Halo Soundtrack and Halo Lore. That's it for now.

There's also a series called: "Pro Tips" made by 343 Pros (Dersky, Ghost, Neighbor) such as Jumps on Lockout, or BXB and BXR Combos in H2, Snapshots to Headshots, and breaking down all 6 remastered maps.

Just hit me that in a little under 12 hours the game series that defined my childhood is being re-released in HD, and with full online functionality. I'm so fucking ready to grind this out. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Who's going to be making the calls about the competitive settings we'll be using? Do we have any word on their thoughts right now?

343 is and that's how it should be. We don't need 20 different random community members forging some shit maps and making some weird ass settings. The settings should be universal and as based around the original game as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 4

$50 gift card to Gamestop. Do I buy psychical or digitally

I'd go digital and then just use the gift card for something else. Another game, extra controller, headset, XBL gold. If you are anything like me the disc will get lost/destroyed so you will just have to buy a new one anyway. Not to mention the absurd patch download which you can predownload and play right at midnight rather than waiting 6-8 hours.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just downloaded the game and noticed there are a couple people I haven't seen in years just get on the Xbox One dashboard!!!  I'm so excited to play tonight you have no idea, there will actually be good people searching once again instead of wheelchair kids <333

I'd go digital and then just use the gift card for something else. Another game, extra controller, headset, XBL gold. If you are anything like me the disc will get lost/destroyed so you will just have to buy a new one anyway. Not to mention the absurd patch download which you can predownload and play right at midnight rather than waiting 6-8 hours.

Do you think it'll be downloaded at midnight if i start right now? My connection is a bit slow. 

So apparently the people who have the game have been searching for hours (in some cases) and aren't able to get a game. 343 have also confirmed that this is an 'issue' and that they're 'looking in to it'.

Who wants to bet this isn't sorted for the release times in the rest of the world?

Source reddit & 343 forums.

343 is and that's how it should be. We don't need 20 different random community members forging some shit maps and making some weird ass settings. The settings should be universal and as based around the original game as possible.

#TheFutureIsOrange

I dont know if it been said before but my friend is playing ranked H2A right now and when you searchand find people you see their name instantly instead of ''Player found ''. And you can back out before all 8 player are found wich lead to alot of backing incoming i guess they didnt learn. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could they have arranged this in a stupider way

aha. I copied it directly from the website. If someone wants to spend 10 minutes in Paint just organizing the ranks, I'll give them some rep.

*sigh* - But the thing is that they have teased off the Xbox FOV on an IGN LIVE stream, which was on the 22nd of October.

Drbr6hE.jpg

If they can fix bigger fov problems on split-screens, why couldn't they just kept what was fixed on Halo 2 Campaign & Multiplayer, having the Xbox FOV back? There are people still asking about this question and devs still refuse to answer, even so when they've considered Halo 2 to be the main focus. And why I rant about it is because unfortunately for players like me, any low FOV like Vista FOV always got in the way of my experience due to it giving me dizziness plus dealing with the crosshair being even lower. Thankfully the Xbox FOV mod helped so much on Halo 2 PC. I just wish they can explain to us about that day. I was really hype on getting an X1 when I saw that stream...

I don't get why they keeping making the field of view more narrow than before. If anything it should be wider than the orignal since the fov is less than Halo CE. In fact they have become more narrow by each game Halo 3 being the worst of them all. here is a link showing the differences: http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive38.pl?read=1138638

• Upvote (+1) 1