CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I do think the pallet is a step in the right direction.

However, with the time they had on this, I would have at least liked to see the Nebula have a more cement/concrete looking texture or something that matched that canvas better, and a snow/ice texture, with both of them mixed in with the metal UNSC type structures the way they did. That would have been a huge leap forward.

Of course, the ultimate would have been to have several "types" of skins per environment (e.g. plain, detailed, etc.) that all match the skybox's theme. But hopefully something like that will be available in H5 where they don't have 4 other games on disc taking up so much space lol.

If you have more than 1 xbox one, you could do LAN games and post videos here. The only thing I am really worrying about now is LAN play. That has to be perfect, latency-wise, for me to totally ditch OG Xbox w/H1.

The reason why I am worried is that HPC had horrible LAN lag. I hope and think that 343 has fixed this, but until someone has tested we will not be sure.

I'm going to a friends house who has NBN so I can get the day one patch in a decent time.

For those who don't know internet in Australia is an absolute joke (I'm talking 1-3Mbps is the AVERAGE speed, above 10mbps is considered very fast), and the NBN (National Broadband Network) is our lord and saviour.

But in return you have wombats, everyone loves wombats.

If you have more than 1 xbox one, you could do LAN games and post videos here. The only thing I am really worrying about now is LAN play. That has to be perfect, latency-wise, for me to totally ditch OG Xbox w/H1.

The reason why I am worried is that HPC had horrible LAN lag. I hope and think that 343 has fixed this, but until someone has tested we will not be sure.

Ghost and Neighbor played on Damnation in a LAN environnement vs Dersky and someone else (all 4 players were in the same house). I watched Neighbor's stream who wasn't hosting the game and it looked great, arguably better than OG Xbox off host on LAN

I hope there will be an abundance of h1 people in the TS playlist so we can get a few games in. H2/H3 people have their own playlist so hopefully they stay out of the multi-playlist if they want to play their respective games until the dedicated h1 playlist launches. Maybe it will get adopted as the impromptu h1 playlist for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

been searching MM for 30mins now and cant find a game. =[

Serves you right cause you're waiting for us :)

Also, does anyone know how the split screen frame rate holds up?

From the IGN review 

It’s great to see the lost art of local split-screen co-op multiplayer revived here, in all four games. It’s now much more playable, thanks to splitting 1080 lines of resolution between players instead of just 320, and on much larger TVs than were common a decade ago. Don’t expect to maintain 60 frames per second in split-screen, though – the dips are far more frequent this way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From the IGN review

Ty

I don't care if it's not 60 FPS as long as it's not a unplayable disaster like Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just curious. How do you make a game and have a 15GB patch... Why did the game go gold if it needed a 15GB patch.? At this rate I might get to play by the 14th..

I have 2 people in my house downloading the patch and our internet is like 5mbps (which is litterally the bets internet that we can get)

Just curious. How do you make a game and have a 15GB patch... Why did the game go gold if it needed a 15GB patch.? At this rate I might get to play by the 14th..

I have 2 people in my house downloading the patch and our internet is like 5mbps (which is litterally the bets internet that we can get)

They didn't want to add a second disc.

playing my last ever few games of H3 on 360. then say RIP Halo on xbox 360.

I won't be until Halo Wars 2 comes out.

*Edit*

Also, I'm pretty sure that coop split screen is going to have worse framerate than Halo 1 split screen, with the sequels and additional graphics engines requiring more resources.

Well that's disappointing. The Game History is just a graph of how many kills/deaths you got in your last 100 games. Hopefully they expand this soon.

Son really? That is disgusting. Please Halo tracker come handle this. Wish meta halo and Halo charts still existed.

Beyond UK Squad checking in?

Paging @@Sam

100% Yes. I may not be able to get online until earliest late tomorrow evening but add me for some frolicking online.

Actually, everyone in the UK (and EU, i'm no Farage) feel free to send me an invite / friend request!

I love how Hutch's stream is him just getting destroyed an crying about it.

Lol did you see when Kim Dotcom was trying to sprint but his player was just crouching as he was walking? oh gawd

Lol did you see when Kim Dotcom was trying to sprint but his player was just crouching as he was walking? oh gawd

I turned it off as soon as the guy was bitching about graphics lol I couldn't take that stream seriously.

Anyone know if they've fixed off-host co-op or is it still completely unplayable like literally every other Halo?