CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

From the very thread you linked to:

Just type that in the console and you have controller magnetism on PC.

Yea I saw that. New to pc games, gonna have to figure that out

Apparently h5 has a double jump, you can dash, you can climb ledges....  Starting to sound a lot like COD: Advanced Warfare to me now.

LOL No way. LOLOLOLOLOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reminds me of the future before the Halo 6 launch

FUCK ME AND MY ACCIDENTAL NEGGING.

Notbutseriously, why haven't people noticed the trend yet? I hate to be so negative about it, but it seems like the shit we complain about seeing or hearing about before it's released turns out to be just as bad, if not worse, than we thought. With Halo 5, it will officially be a trend that we can't ignore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone think Warlock/Warlord is pretty unappealing aesthetically, its got a horrible colour scheme

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm guessing that is real footage because anyone posting it on YouTube is getting banned.

If H5 comes out like this in a year's time, even if the fan reaction to the beta is terrible, can we all just agree to not buy it and continue playing MCC? They have to learn. I told myself H4 would be the last Halo game I would buy out of desperate hope. If it's not Halo, I'm not buying it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone think Warlock/Warlord is pretty unappealing aesthetically, its got a horrible colour scheme

I love playing on Wizard/Warlock too much to care about what specific shades of browns are used on the map.

I'm guessing that is real footage because anyone posting it on YouTube is getting banned.

If H5 comes out like this in a year's time, even if the fan reaction to the beta is terrible, can we all just agree to not buy it and continue playing MCC? They have to learn. I told myself H4 would be the last Halo game I would buy out of desperate hope. If it's not Halo, I'm not buying it.

I really really hate to say it, but me and many other people will buy it just for the Halo brand name.  I don't even know why I do, it is almost like I feel like I owe something to Halo for all the past games, and maybe, just maybe this time will be different.  

Of course it never is and I just shoot myself in the foot every time.

Edit:  One good thing I can say about that beta video is that the medals they showed when the guy killed the player looked fresh.  It looks like they are going back to the H3 style where it was easy to distinguish between medals.

Is anyone else kinda disappointed we don't get a 2's and 4's playlist? I mean I'm thrilled to be getting all these fixes but I was looking forward to doing competitive 4v4 H1 again :(

Edit: Just saw this being discussed in other thread. Mah bad

I agree.  From the get go they thought our complaints was that we wanted 2v2 over 4v4, which wasn't the case - we just wanted both.  2v2 is kind of the "team hardcore" of H1 to me.  I would love a 4v4 mixed playlist of slayer/obj H1 games.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really really hate to say it, but me and many other people will buy it just for the Halo brand name.  I don't even know why I do, it is almost like I feel like I owe something to Halo for all the past games, and maybe, just maybe this time will be different.  

Edit:  One good thing I can say about that beta video is that the medals they showed when the guy killed the player looked fresh.  It looks like they are going back to the H3 style where it was easy to distinguish between medals.

I'm on the same boat as you, and I mean, to be fair, it's always better to judge a game by playing it instead of judging it by a blurry image. I think the best thing to do here is to not buy it, but try to rent it if we can, test it out, and if we actually end up enjoying it, then we buy it. 

Yep there is no looking auto aim, vid is fake.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?24050-Aim-assist-for-halo-ce

Lol I got better things to do than fake vids, but yeah I forgot I had player_magnetism enabled. Feels good tho, you should come join my server! We're all playing with controllers.

I'll take a mouse/keyboard over controller any day in Halo PC, though.

Yeah usually me too, but I'm prepping for MCC :P The movement kind of sucks, though, I hope someone figures out a fix for it (I made a thread on halomaps about it).

First halo I am not buying. I have bought several copies of EACH game and I have had every halo console. I also have all the books, and a lot of MC figurines. This will be the first Halo game I am not buying, if that gif is true. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll take a mouse/keyboard over controller any day in Halo PC, though.

How do you get the console on.

First halo I am not buying. I have bought several copies of EACH game and I have had every halo console. I also have all the books, and a lot of MC figurines. This will be the first Halo game I am not buying, if that gif is true. 

Campaign of halo 5 will still be really good :) 

And even all that is rumored is in multiplayer it might not be competitive enough, it will still have quality and be fun to play.

I agree.  From the get go they thought our complaints was that we wanted 2v2 over 4v4, which wasn't the case - we just wanted both.  2v2 is kind of the "team hardcore" of H1 to me.  I would love a 4v4 mixed playlist of slayer/obj H1 games.

I think, unfortunately, asking for 2 dedicated playlists for H1 is a bit ambitious. After all, H3 has only one and it's almost certainly going to have more regular players than a H1 dedicated playlist

And if there has to be only one, it's definetely 2v2.

Campaign of halo 5 will still be really good :)

And even all that is rumored is in multiplayer it might not be competitive enough, it will still have quality and be fun to play.

Keep telling yourself that...

How do you get the console on.

Make a shortcut to Halo, then right click the shortcut and choose Properties.

Add -console to the end of the Target line.

Mine looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/wH98w5B.png

Then you can open the console ingame by pressing the ~ key.

I think, unfortunately, asking for 2 dedicated playlists for H1 in a bit ambitious. After all, H3 has only one and it's almost certainly going to have more regular players than a H1 dedicated playlist

And if there has to be only one, it's definetely 2v2.

That's a good point, if I had to choose one, I would rather have 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make a shortcut to Halo, then right click the shortcut and choose Properties.

Add -console to the end of the Target line.

Mine looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/wH98w5B.png

Then you can open the console ingame by pressing the ~ key.

Thanks for reply. Do I need that exec mouse.cfg bit as well or not?

Thanks for reply. Do I need that exec mouse.cfg bit as well or not? how do i input the commands?

No, you don't need the mouse.cfg. When you open the game, press the ~ key (above Tab and to the left of 1), and you'll see some pink letters at the bottom of the screen. Type player_magnetism 1, and hit enter.

Lol I got better things to do than fake vids, but yeah I forgot I had player_magnetism enabled. Feels good tho, you should come join my server! We're all playing with controllers.

Yeah usually me too, but I'm prepping for MCC :P The movement kind of sucks, though, I hope someone figures out a fix for it (I made a thread on halomaps about it).

put it on 1 also. anyone know what number is the exact same as xbox?