CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Again matchmaking is p2p until Launch day.

Ahh my bad, completely misread your post, I thought it said MM isn't up until launch. Not that I don't believe you about p2p, but do you have a source? Why are they using p2p atm instead of dedicated?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ahh my bad, completely misread your post, I thought it said MM isn't up until launch. Not that I don't believe you about p2p, but do you have a source? Why are they using p2p atm instead of dedicated?

Neighbor's stream is my source. I have no idea why they'd do it like this, maybe they are still adjusting some things for dedis?

Neighbor's stream is my source. I have no idea why they'd do it like this, maybe they are still adjusting some things for dedis?

What, neighbour has said on stream that MM is using p2p and not dedis or are you assuming that it's p2p from watching the hit registration in MM?

What, neighbour has said on stream that MM is using p2p and not dedis or are you assuming that it's p2p from watching the hit registration in MM?

It's p2p until launch day, as I said. So starting November 11th, it'll use dedis. Well he was complaining about Euro host and confirmed it was p2p atm.

It's p2p until launch day, as I said. So starting November 11th, it'll use dedis. Well he was complaining about Euro host and confirmed it was p2p atm.

Ok, thanks. Well, I really hope dedis significantly improve CE hit registration and hope a 2v2 playlist gets added asap. I've missed a lot of the stream, is 4v4 CE radar?

Does dedicated servers make a difference? If so how much better is it? 

Is there any kind of EXP, like playlist EXP for example?

Dedicated servers make a HUGE difference. When i was playing matchmaking last night, I was hitting shots that I was expecting to not register. It's very very smooth as long as everyone has a solid connection. Even with dedicated servers, someone that has a horrible connection will still lag.

I don't see any EXP related things, but there are a ton of rewards for playing the game like new emblems, nameplates, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dedicated servers make a HUGE difference. When i was playing matchmaking last night, I was hitting shots that I was expecting to not register. It's very very smooth as long as everyone has a solid connection. Even with dedicated servers, someone that has a horrible connection will still lag.

I don't see any EXP related things, but there are a ton of rewards for playing the game like new emblems, nameplates, etc.

Even on Halo 3?

Thanks for the reply.

So since I'm in SC, does this mean ill only ever get matched with kids in the southeast (assuming there is a se server) if im searching alone?

Is there anyway to know where all these servers are located?

What if im in a group of four and were scattered around the world. Would we search on the server closer to the party leader?

If you cant find matches on the server close to you, would it automatically switch you to a different one?

drop some knowledge on me people

I think these are the servers. http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/

Are there damage options in H2A like there are in the newer games, or is it just like H2C where you can only have double damage, or half damage?

Keep ading concrete things to test. I don't thin I will go around documenting item spawns for all maps just yet, as I don't really have the equipment to properly analyze, nor the willpower to keep on it :P

Other than the strange new item spawn times that aren't like halo pc or xbox my only concern is lag issues. I watched your feed and saw a few instances and commented in the document but it looks a lot better. I really hope matchmaking servers I get connected to have a manageable lead. Also I really hope that all vehicles ctf bg game is not a common matchmaking gametype. I would quit out every time.

So I stopped testing things out and threw caution to the wind and played matchmaking.  We played maybe 12ish matchmade games.  Got CE 3 times, halo 2 3 times, halo 3 once, and h2a for all the other games.  I'm a complete CE kid, it's far and away my favorite game of the series and where all my memories lie, but halo 2 classic is easily the best game in MCC.  It feels so much like the original.  

Halo CE is a huge letdown.  Much of my issue in the games I got to play is that pistoling is just a toss up.  I really hope it's just pre release issues that won't be around after Monday night, but pistoling from mid range or further might as well be a coin toss on whether or not  your shot is gonna hit.  There is no consistency to it.  Nothing like trying to pistol off host on xbc.  On top of that, shots that should be hitting appear to hit, but you get no hit registration sound.  The enemy lights up as if you hit him even, still no sound.  The sound is annoying as hell and I hate it, but it was almost necessary to know if I was actually connecting.

With regards to Halo CE pistol reg, Neighbour has said that MM is still using p2p servers atm and not dedicated. You have been playing on a eu host. Hoping the game plays a lot smoother on dedicated servers.

Is there a noticeable difference in controller latency when the controller is plugged in? I'm only counting 3 USB interfaces on the xbox. Not that I'll ever be in a 4-way split screen situation, but I'm still curious.

It's very concerning to see SMG starts in matchmaking still.

The tagline is "just as you remembered it", for a lot of casual players, that means SMG starts with a focus on duals (If you ask many casual players, the thing they remember most about Halo 2 is dual wielding) We have a Team Hardcore and eSports playlist so I think we're okay.

So, if you could not post gifs of people committing suicide, that'd be awesome. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

The tagline is "just as you remembered it", for a lot of casual players, that means SMG starts with a focus on duals (If you ask many casual players, the thing they remember most about Halo 2 is dual wielding) We have a Team Hardcore and eSports playlist so I think we're okay.

Legitimately the only thing worse than AR starts... is SMG starts.

MM playlists atm are:

Team Slayer, halo ce, 2,2a, 3(ranked)

and h2a Rumble (unranked)

i think this will be changed before it is really launched.