CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

@Legolas: This was the case with Halo PC as well. Honestly, I am not surprised. Halo PC is extremely inconsistent as to its shooting mechaniscs. But with time we will probably learn to compensate somewhat. At least that happened on the PC. But the fact that we had mouse controls probably helped out quite a bit.

In other news, I am starting the stream now:

http://twitch.tv/halonorge

I have started filling out the document. The off-host stuff I can't really test here locally, but I tried to do a bit else. But I would love if someone later today took the time to really go through this together with me.

I'll monitor this thread throughout the day. I guess more people will be up in the US in a couple of hours.

So is anyone else hoping that the stupid KSI clan doesn't try and make a comeback.
I mean if they do I am more then happy to get joint pains in my knees from t-bagging...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hi Guys and Gals

Just curious about a few thing to do with MCC being on dedicated servers.

First, I'm from Australia. Does this mean I will never play against American, Europeans etc.? Like, will I only ever get a Australian server? 

And is there a "Good Connection" search option?

And what does this mean for customs games. Are they on a dedicated server as well?

Any helps is appreciated.

Cheers

Customs are not dedicated,for the other question i think you can play with others in the world,like a bfgame

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question, I know that in alot of other FPS's now days clans have become more of  a standard, do you believe that there will be some kind of clan playlist or a feature on the game to set up a clan. Other than just changing a tag?

Quick question, I know that in alot of other FPS's now days clans have become more of  a standard, do you believe that there will be some kind of clan playlist or a feature on the game to set up a clan. Other than just changing a tag?

nowadays lol

Clan Battles originated in H2 classic. Unfortunately i am pretty sure it has been confirmed to not be supported

Customs are not dedicated,for the other question i think you can play with others in the world,like a bfgame

when did they say customs weren't on deds?

nowadays lol

Clan Battles originated in H2 classic. Unfortunately i am pretty sure it has been confirmed to not be supported

I meant nowadays lol early mornings! I figured that was the case just hoping, but there is still so much good to look forward to this game! 

So is anyone else hoping that the stupid KSI clan doesn't try and make a comeback.

I mean if they do I am more then happy to get joint pains in my knees from t-bagging...

XUQHHqu.png

:moa:

So Lobby creator always gets host? Can it still be stolen away?

Yes and I don't believe so.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So Lobby creator in customs always gets host? Can it still be stolen away?

Yup and nope.

Is there a "Good Connection" search preference?

No, but with dedicated servers it is nearly a non-issue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When searching in matchmaking, you'll match those on the same server as you. So for you, Australia. 

I believe if the host is American and you search with them, you'll be matching those on the US server. 

Custom games are not on dedicated servers and there is no "good connection" option.

So Lobby creator always gets host? Can it still be stolen away?

Although not a dedicated server this is still a pretty good thing for customs. Host disputes will be able to be handled fairly now since team can alternate hosting or the player with the best connection for the whole lobby can simply be given hosting responsibilities.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Although not a dedicated server this is still a pretty good thing for customs. Host disputes will be able to be handled fairly now since team can alternate hosting or the player with the best connection for the whole lobby can simply be given hosting responsibilities.

This. Big Team Customs will benefit greatly from this. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

What most have said above already, however there are a few things that affects this and that's the amount of players online and stuff such as trueskill etc. Basically few players online and you are more likely to be put on a bad server.

Does dedicated servers make a difference? If so how much better is it? 

Is there any kind of EXP, like playlist EXP for example?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What most have said above already, however there are a few things that affects this and that's the amount of players online and stuff such as trueskill etc. Basically few players online and you are more likely to be put on a bad server.

You can't choose the server?