CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

And if someone didn't break their NDA, we wouldn't have found out it was broken until launch.

And they wouldn't feel bad about having us hope we were getting real H1 until we put the disc in and already made our purchases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And if someone didn't break their NDA, we wouldn't have found out it was broken until launch.

Well I had already decided after the very 1st video that I was going to be waiting until after launch to consider buying it. But I'm glad that guy potentially saved some of my bros some money.

Population segregation is the reason the playlists are the way they are. After the first few months they will start scaling back the current playlists and condense them into the core that will run through Halo 5.

There are too many things to play in this collection to give halo 1 and 2 a bunch of their own playlists. The population won't be able to support it at all. The install base isn't there, and Halo has a lot of competition this fall. Sorry.

Although if you want to simulate what it would be like to have all the Halo 2 playlists in the game, you can go play Halo 2 XBC and struggle to find matches.

That's an unacceptable compromise.

Let's look at the facts. There are two models used in online first person shooters: matchmaking and server browser. Each have their pros and cons. For example, matchmaking is best suited for competitive play, since players are always playing against others with approximately the same skill level. However, this comes at the cost of accessibility - in a server browser, you can be in a match of your choosing within seconds. However, with a server browser it isn't always possible to join a match with players of the same skill level.

So, let's say 343i decided to just go the matchmaking route. As can be seen above, the primary purpose and advantage of matchmaking is to ensure competitive play and therefore ranks. There are 12 playlists at launch. My problem with whatever committee makes these decisions is that 5 out of these 12 playlists are cross-game.

The very idea of a crossgame playlist is completely counter-intuitive to a competitive ranking system for what I believe are fairly obvious reasons.

So that leaves us with 7 playlists. 3 of these are Halo 2 anniversary only. I mean sure H2A looks cool. However (and I can't speak for everyone) I'm fairly confident that the majority of players aren't dishing out $500+ to play H2A multiplayer (at least from what I've seen here). So we're left with 4 actual competitive, single-game playlists (5 if you include eSports which is probably H2A). That's 1 per game.

And people will defend this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

damn shame....

I wonder what else isn't quite right that we are currently clueless about?

The outcry of tens of CE fans

Let's be honest, who didn't see it coming?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How did that picture even get leaked? I thought MP wasn't on the disc without the update? Or was that just for H2A? 

What shall I do with that $60 343i wont be getting from me?

Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Box-Art.jp

How did that picture even get leaked? I thought MP wasn't on the disc without the update? Or was that just for H2A? 

The update is for H3 and 4 MP. 1 and 2 are on the disc. No idea about H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1 and 2 MP is there

I dont understand why they would need to change it. If it aint broke don't fix it. They have more important things to work on. Bashing them probably won't change anything. If enough of the dedicated Halo 1 players say something about it they will patch it.

If enough of the dedicated Halo 1 players say something about it they will patch it.

That's what sucks, they probably won't. Like I said in a previous post, there are a maximum of 1000 people truly dedicated to Halo 1 on an obsessive competitive level. Even if we all 'said something' there will be tens of thousands of players talking about how great it is.

That's what sucks, they probably won't. Like I said in a previous post, there are a maximum of 1000 people truly dedicated to Halo 1 on an obsessive competitive level. Even if we all 'said something' there will be tens of thousands of players talking about how great it is.

Ya, they obviously took a lot of shortcuts to make it easier on themselves. Don't see them trying to patch a bunch of fixes after the fact.

you're not allowed to stream the multiplayer. machinima said they were playing mp locally while streaming the campaign

The outcry of tens of CE fans

Let's be honest, who didn't see it coming?

Well when all the other games get an exact remake you kind expect to get the same for CE.

• Upvote (+1) 3

LOL @ 1000

• Upvote (+1) 8

Changing the FoV to the original 108 degrees would literally take a number change that's it. Same with the timers. Originally I thought maybe a few things here and there because of netcode, that's fine, but splitscreen FoV? That's inexcusable. If anyone at 343 loaded up splitscreen CE in the last 13 years they would immediately be able to tell something is wrong.

One thing is for certain, we'll still be lanning CE on the original boxes.

• Upvote (+1) 1