CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

As long as I'm having fun, I don't mind too much what rank I am :)  be it a 10,

20 or 30... or that competitive side of me come out...35 XD lol

I'll be honest, I never played H2 competitively, never understood the ranks.

From my understanding, it was balls hard to rank up prepatch..

then post patch....

what was considered a good rank?

what was considered just pub stomp, better than average rank?

what was considered...ehhh mess around have fun rank?

Change of topic from ranks...

I've never played on dedis before, so could someone who has tell me whether it's possible to match international players and how laggy it is if so (also any host/proximity-to-server advantages). As an Australian, I don't want to match Americans (or anyone outside Oceania) in MM, but at the same time I have some old American friends who I might want to play with again.

There is objective, team 4v4 for Halo 3 is a mix of slayer and objective.

So no Multi-Team.. no Lone Wolves..... and a million other good playlists >.< RIP MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

If you were going for "award for most neg repped post"... then damn son I think you just achieved it

Was telling my opinion but this forum is half cancer anyway

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Some people did this, but not the majority. It was mostly to try and make a boosting account so they would hope people would pay them to play with them. In Halo 3

People would charge, say, 1600 M$ points to boost a player to a 50.

I was talking more about Halo 2, but yeah that's true too.

So no Multi-Team.. no Lone Wolves..... and a million other good playlists >.< RIP MCC

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Omg what's funny is you're Srs.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've never played on dedis before, so could someone who has tell me whether it's possible to match international players and how laggy it is if so (also any host/proximity-to-server advantages). As an Australian, I don't want to match Americans (or anyone outside Oceania) in MM, but at the same time I have some old American friends who I might want to play with again.

I don't think they have mentioned if there will be server restrictions like that. Tbh I wouldn't be a fan because it would restrict the population and it's not like there's that many Xbox Ones out there.

As long as I'm having fun, I don't mind too much what rank I am :) be it a 10,

20 or 30... or that competitive side of me come out...35 XD lol

I'll be honest, I never played H2 competitively, never understood the ranks.

From my understanding, it was balls hard to rank up prepatch..

then post patch....

what was considered a good rank?

what was considered just pub stomp, better than average rank?

what was considered...ehhh mess around have fun rank?

36 was considered good, anything over 25 was average and below 25 was the mess around ranks.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If you get caught with a pp in ce and it's gg.

You just need to work on your Pistol... Your Plasma Pistol!

I just thought of something.

Any time you play CE in matchmaking it's going to be with an AR and Pistol, right? I really don't want a Plasma Pistol.

This is my greatest fear as a CE only player. I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if 343 doesn't make all CE game types pistol/AR start.

Was telling my opinion but this forum is half cancer anyway

And you wonder why we're not taking you serious

This is my greatest fear as a CE only player. I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if 343 doesn't make all CE game types pistol/AR start.

Generic starts are confirmed from here on. Bravo said it's the only way to feature the game in MCC. Don't worry about that.

Just hope for a 2v2 playlist.

I just get all irritated when I think about the fact that 90+ percent of the Halo CE that's been played in the last 10 years (2004-2014) has been with the same settings on the same 7 maps. There is universal agreement in the active Halo CE community about the best way to play the game, and I will not be even the tiniest bit surprised when tomorrow I check this site and there is no playlist with those settings.

I know it's coming, but I can't help but be extremely bothered by it every time I think about it.

Like seriously, who's going to be mad if there is Doubles Pro in the CE list? Noobs who have not touched the game in a decade? What possible good reason is there not to include it? Give a nod to the real Halo CE fans, 343, please.

Hey cT,

The universal settings (and map rotation) you're referring to are the settings we'll be using in the Halo: CE playlist. There's no other way to do it. There may be a select few (carefully selected) game types added to the rotation over time (not currently planned, but certainly possible), but the playlist will largely be the game types and settings that you've been playing for the past 10+ years with little to no deviation.

As far as 4v4 / 2v2 goes, the current plan is to launch at 4v4. Although there are many who believe that 2's is the way to play CE (I'm one of them), we're planning on launching the playlist at 4v4 for a variety of reasons, one of the biggest of which is that 4v4 has historically been much more popular than a 2v2 list across all Halo titles, and also launching without a 4v4 CE playlist for the game's Xbox Live debut would be a miss. That isn't to say that the team size in this playlist couldn't change, nor that we aren't planning on featuring (and test running) a CE 2v2 playlist, nor that a 2v2 CE playlist couldn't become a mainstay (or even the mainstay), but 4v4 with classic universal settings is the current launch plan. I'm confident that it's the right decision for launch, and I hope the above makes it clear that we're aware of the current and constant state of universal Halo: CE settings and preferred team size amongst the core crew, and something we're mindful of.

Happy to share more about playlist stuff / thinking shortly once IGN releases their daily drop. Night all.

Please announce White Xb1 + MCC bundle for NA and EU in the next 2 days Microsoft.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Microsoft just opened their Azure Australian server this week so that is going to benefit you greatly.  Even if they didn't open the Australian Servers and you had to connect to American Azure Servers, you'd still receive less lag than a normal PVP connection.  Titanfall was the only FPS that used Azure Servers and I believe MCC will be the 2nd FPS to use them.  You still will connect to international players, but that shouldn't be a real big problem compared to a PVP based connection.  

The only people that will be laggy will be the ones with no Azure servers near to them.  These are the current Azure Server regions:

AzureWorldwide.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

We all need to take a second to worship this rank God for bringing them back to Halo.

Was this even his doing? I heard a while back that Menke wasn't doing anything with MCC ranks and he was just focusing on H5's.

Either way, I'm really grateful that 343 understand the importance of ranks AND for them to be visible in the game.

I can't wait until the explanation because it is going to be really interesting.  

Even with this comment it still seems their ranking system is per playlist per game.  Hopefully they explain what happens when you get into a H4 TS game with evenly matched players, but then the vote changes to H2 TS which then doesn't make it evenly matched players.

@@Hasuku CE - should I add everyone on the CE Customs list to this as well? What do you think?

Yes, please do! ;)

Yes, please do! ;)

Well- they kinda have their own thing going on a different account from the looks of it. I'd hate to fill a CE kid's FL with people who play other games they aren't down for. Maybe later today if I get a decent consensus.

Was this even his doing? I heard a while back that Menke wasn't doing anything with MCC ranks and he was just focusing on H5's.

Either way, I'm really grateful that 343 understand the importance of ranks AND for them to be visible in the game.

Afaik he just copy pasted h2's system for MCC. I'm really excited to see what he'll do for h5, I really liked SC2 WOL's system.

I can't wait until the explanation because it is going to be really interesting.  

Even with this comment it still seems their ranking system is per playlist per game.  Hopefully they explain what happens when you get into a H4 TS game with evenly matched players, but then the vote changes to H2 TS which then doesn't make it evenly matched players.

As far as I understand it's simply per playlist. So if you are 30 in TS you get matched up with other 30s regardless of which game you end up playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2