CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Parties match other parties?  Was this confirmed also? Sorry haven't followed this topic much.

Not yet but its pretty much a given. They wouldnt use a true ranking system and have no party restrictions it would defeat the whole purpose.

Question: anyone get that 20gb update yet for those who went digital?

Question: anyone get that 20gb update yet for those who went digital?

Nope. Will probably go live next week.

A lot of people are saying they'll quit out of all H3 games in Team Hardcore (including myself) but I think many are exaggerating. If you quit, you auto lose that game and can easily drop down ranks. Most people will likely suck it up and play the odd H3 game.

I really hope once you hit 30+ that 90% of the games are H2.

This. Most people arent going to take that free L for no reason, just because  you dont want to have to play one 7-15 minute game of H3 every once in a while. It wont be winning a lot of the veto's 

I'm one of those people who liked both so it wont matter to me

Can somebody explain to me why everyone is so obsessed with seeing the opposing teams ranks in the pregame lobby? If they are using the Halo 2 system, you will be matched against people your skill level. It's not like seeing the other teams ranks will have an outcome on the game. The better team will win, regardless of whether you see a number next to their name before the game starts.

Let me use an analogy for you from my favorite sport, mixed martial arts. In the UFC, fighters are ranked according to their Win-Loss record and based on the opponents they beat or lose to. If you want to fight for the championship belt, then you will want to fight people ranked higher than you so can move up the ladder faster. So, assuming the information on every fighter's rank is available, what in the fuck would be the point of the UFC hiding all fighter's ranks from them and telling them to just trust that their match will be against someone of nearly equal or greater skill? On what basis would that information be withheld from competitors so that they go into a fight with no idea of where a win (as well as a loss) could potentially take them? It's more motivation to win and gain more rank, and it's more motivation to win against lower-ranked opponents so you don't lose a lot of rank. This is basic shit and helps set the tone for the match you're about to enter. To keep it hidden from view is senseless and to act as if people who care about that information are whining when they don't get it is contradictory to the very idea of competition. No other professional sports league on Earth matches teams based on mystery ranks, they all know where their opponents are placed and what a victory/loss can do to their rank.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So here is what I don't understand.

For the playlists like Team Hardcore that have multiple games in them, why not just have a selection when you enter the playlist?

For example: Halo 2 / Halo 3 / Both

Then players are matched up based on what they have picked, with the both players being matched up with both Halo 2 and Halo 3 players.

I understand the Halo 3 fanboys who never got a chance to play Halo 2 or didn't like it. But I personally still have nightmares about the H3 BR online.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So here is what I don't understand.

For the playlists like Team Hardcore that have multiple games in them, why not just have a selection when you enter the playlist?

For example: Halo 2 / Halo 3 / Both

Then players are matched up based on what they have picked, with the both players being matched up with both Halo 2 and Halo 3 players.

I understand the Halo 3 fanboys who never got a chance to play Halo 2 or didn't like it. But I personally still have nightmares about the H3 BR online.

Over-segmentation of playlists is the enemy here. Its not like the Xbox One is as accessible as the 360 was when H3 drops. You cant run the risk of having people not being able to find games so early in the lifespan because you decided to split every playlist up into so many pieces trying to appease everyone. Its not totally ideal but I get it.

Same reason why theres no stand alone Objective playlist. Team Objective never has been able to do huge numbers population wise, it would surely die if it was a standalone playlist in this game, so just put it in the 4s playlist. Solves everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See this wasnt hard. Why not just say this from the jump

i'll njever understand the ways of a halo dev....saying ranks are visible really isnt asking for much from them....

A big shout out to everyone who ever bitched about not having visible ranks. Thank you. You made today possible.

I remember seeing a lot of posters saying the "bitching" needs to stop....I guess it's only bad when it's about things the majority of halo players on beyond don't really care too much about.....like an accurate representation of halo 1...

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm really hopeing a social exp system is in this game too. It'd be kinda boring hitting 50 without something else to go for in the playlist. (H3 had playlist exp ranks, 2000 exp for playlist 5 star, and it had skill ranks too). I'm one of those players that focused on getting 10+ exp everyday in order to get a general in the playlist beside dat 50. It really gave me a reason to grind after having the 50.

Or maybe 50 will be very hard to get and that'll be the only motivation to grind for.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why can't multimillion dollar studios get something as simple as playlists right? What reason could they possibly have for not making BtB or FFA ranked? I mean ffs

Dude I know. It's goddamn ridiculous.

They know damn well that many people (probably the majority tbh) are buying MCC for one game in particular, yet they insist on all these multi-game playlists. I really can't wrap my head around the logic of including so few playlists at launch, and even worse, so few single-game playlists. 1 playlist for CE? And its 4v4. What's next, AR starts and radars?

Let's take a step back and try to look at this logically. Why is it so important for them to shove these multi-game playlists down our throats? How do they even get away with making a multi-game playlist ranked?

I know everyone is sick of menial complaints coming from everyone, but this is an accessibility issue, not some little nitpicking remark about the colour of Lockdown or the visibility of ranks. This shit is important. People are buying consoles for this game (and let's not kid ourselves, MCC is just about the only thing Xbone has going for it), myself included. When they drop support in a year or two after the next big thing, are they going to leave us with about the same lacking playlist selection as we started with? It is not a technical limitation that is limiting the playlist selection - it's all running on Azure servers. This is much more likely a marketing decision, which scares me because it means they are trying to herd us to some unknown end by making us play their whack playlists.

All we've heard are promises. I'll admit, 343i is starting to gain my trust a little, but I was always told "forgive but don't forget."

I'm legitimately worried that they won't include a custom server list (again - why wouldn't they? what is there to lose?) and I'll be forced to play the same gametypes over and over again because there are only one or two playlists running the game I want to play.

My blood pressure, 343i, please bring it down - I need to save my strength.

PS: Maybe I'm wrong about all this (there's a lot of speculation above) but the approach they are taking is alarming. I do hope I'm wrong and more (not different - additional, as in more than 12) playlists are released within a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise I'll have to go back to Halo CE on PC to play varied gametypes (please noooo).

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm really hopeing a social exp system is in this game too. It'd be kinda boring hitting 50 without something else to go for in the playlist. (H3 had playlist exp ranks, 2000 exp for playlist 5 star, and it had skill ranks too). I'm one of those players that focused on getting 10+ exp everyday in order to get a general in the playlist beside dat 50. It really gave me a reason to grind after having the 50.

Or maybe 50 will be very hard to get and that'll be the only motivation to grind for.

Agreed, although the 50 will be hard so long as they're leaving it like H2 was by the end of its lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am in total agreement, I had two playlist generals in Halo 3 one of which was a 5 star. Once Bungie dropped that caveat, getting a playlist 5 star was priority number one.

It'd be kinda boring hitting 50 without something else to go for in the playlist.

it won't be easy getting a 50 with the h2 rank system so you will have a lot to focus on....the exp feature from h3 would be nice though..

• Upvote (+1) 1

As Frank said, we're 'gun talk 'bout it soon, but it's worth mentioning that the screenshot released on IGN today was an older asset, and not representative of the final launch playlist layout, playlist order, nor ranked / unranked playlist landscape. I'll have some light detail in this week's Bulletin (tomorrow), but more likely all details next week.

hold on, "ranked and unranked"?! yessssssssss, having ranked and social playlists in halo 3 was so sick, unlike in halo 4 where you could get a fucking 50 in grifball

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it is indeed like halo 2, then only the very elite should be a 50.  At least it will be possible now with no cheaters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As Frank said, we're 'gun talk 'bout it soon, but it's worth mentioning that the screenshot released on IGN today was an older asset, and not representative of the final launch playlist layout, playlist order, nor ranked / unranked playlist landscape. I'll have some light detail in this week's Bulletin (tomorrow), but more likely all details next week.

#ThanksForTheRanks 

Ah damn this looks REALLY good! Somebody donate me an xbox one please as I do not have the money to buy one and this footage is complete torture now :'(

I really wish I could use this forge mode..

• Upvote (+1) 1

hold on, "ranked and unranked"?! yessssssssss, having ranked and social playlists in halo 3 was so sick, unlike in halo 4 where you could get a fucking 50 in grifball

FWIW, there was a ranked Halo 3 Grifball playlist once. It's where I got my birdie. It was awesome.

Yeah a 50 is on the goals list but I remember what ranking system I'm dealing with here. If I don't get one I would lose sleep over it.

That was what was great about H3s system, there was actually a chance to get a 50 and you could still discern who was good and who wasn't.

I love H2s system also though. You can't go wrong with a win loss system you just can't..

I honestly don't know how hard getting a 50 would be with the Halo 2 ranking system. Never got a chance to get close due to all the cheaters, literally every game when I got to 38 in Team Hardcore there was a modder or stand-byer. It'll be very interesting to say the least, especially with no more host advantage, just good internet advantage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is the H2 classic 4v4 playlist going to be smg starts?

It's going to have both SMG and BR starts in it.

I used to always joke that 38 was the 50 in Halo 2, every game up there was just rife with cheating.