CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

THIS x10000000

God ranked BTB in H2 and H3 was so fucking awesome. I was looking forward to getting 50's in this with my friends. God damnit dude

Although if I remember correctly H3 didn't have ranked BTB at the start and bungie made social and ranked BTB later down the line

You're right. Ranked BTB Didn't come out until January 08 or something

So what? Half the time I play campaign the only reason I die is because I don't have any ammo. 

That's the idea.

Why can't multimillion dollar studios get something as simple as playlists right? What reason could they possibly have for not making BtB or FFA ranked? I mean ffs

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yo, skip to 11:05 in this video and tell me that the carbine isn't insanely faster than I've ever seen it on Vista. I get that it gets faster due to frame rate issues, but this vid makes it look automatic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am going to throw a guess and say it won't be public in lobby.  I have a feeling that the SKILL rank is broken down by playlist and by game.  Meaning you go into TS, you will get matched to your closest skill level of TS per game.  You may be better at H4 than H2 in TS, and it will match you with people appropriately according to that game and playlist.

And it makes sense.

Your public number rank is only experience points based.  Your hidden skill level one is the one broken down by playlist by game.  While your public number experience one is at 47, your skill level in H2 TS may be very low.  

So if they showed ranks Publicly based on your experience Rank, it would look off.  You would be a 47, matches with other people with a vast difference of public rank in H2 TS.  So they have to hide it to not confuse people.

Just because your a 47 in your public experience rank, doesn't mean your a 47 in H1/H2/H3/H4.

But the voting gets done AFTER you are matched with players?

What he's saying is if you have a separate hidden rank in each game, the match will be fair no matter which game gets chosen by the vote.

That's what is confusing me about this.  The only thing I can guess the workaround would be, would be to give additional experience points based on the mismatch of skill level after the voting if it changes games.  They put you in H2 TS as evenly matched, but the vote changes it to H4 TS.  Now you are mismatched so it awards more experience points based on the mismatch.

More information definitely needs to come out after this IGN article.  

What he's saying is if you have a separate hidden rank in each game, the match will be fair no matter which game gets chosen by the vote.

It shouldn't be though.  Some people are going to have a higher skill in H2 TS compared to H4 TS.  If this ranking system takes that to count, a H2 TS skill level for a player should not equal to the H4 skill level.  If the vote changes the game, there definitely will be a mismatch of skill level.  Only way to fix that would be to award additional experience points to the public rank based on the mismatch.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Man I'm not gonna be super upset if they're not visible, it would just be nice to have. I don't think it's making or breaking anything for anyone.

That interpretation of the article is interesting, this wouldn't be an issue if we got more than two paragraphs of things we already knew....

*are whiny bitches

fixed it for you.

How is it whining when they gave us pretty much 0 new info?

Obviously, but it doesn't matter as long as we get placed in good games.

The good people will be known regardless of their ranks, and the matchmaking warriors will continue to get shit on at national events regardless of their 50's. But I am glad you value visual ranks so much. Good for you, chip.  

** It's sad we finally get confirmation that we are getting a solid ranking/matchmaking system yet people still complain about superficial crap like making sure ranks are visible. Yeah, it would be nice but it doesn't mean anything in the end. As long as the game plays great and the matchmaking works correctly, we are good to go. 

I agree that its not THAT big a deal and as long as we get matched up evenly in games nothing else should matter. But everyone likes the feeling of being able to see dat 50 and let others be jelly of being a higher rank. Its what makes u keep playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Obviously, but it doesn't matter as long as we get placed in good games.

The good people will be known regardless of their ranks, and the matchmaking warriors will continue to get shit on at national events regardless of their 50's. But I am glad you value visual ranks so much. Good for you, chip.  

** It's sad we finally get confirmation that we are getting a solid ranking/matchmaking system yet people still complain about superficial crap like making sure ranks are visible. Yeah, it would be nice but it doesn't mean anything in the end. As long as the game plays great and the matchmaking works correctly, we are good to go. 

It's just this situation where for some people, achieving a 50 is like winning a prize at a tournament, and being able to show them off is a good thing for them. You should want those people to be happy with the game, and stick to it for as long as possible, because at the end of the day, they're the one who search matchmaking all day and allow to get practice without getting a bunch of other people together for scrims in customs.

While I see where you're coming from, and I also only care about being able to match people around my level and becoming good enough to win consistently and then becoming good enough to win by a large margin, some people want to reach the "end" of the grind.

EDIT: slight mistake

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, there's a skull that makes all weapons Scarab Guns that's campaign only. Just for funsies. There's no chance they'd allow achievements to be unlocked if you're using these skulls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It shouldn't be though.  Some people are going to have a higher skill in H2 TS compared to H4 TS.  If this ranking system takes that to count, a H2 TS skill level for a player should not equal to the H4 skill level.  If the vote changes the game, there definitely will be a mismatch of skill level.  Only way to fix that would be to award additional experience points to the public rank based on the mismatch.

Let's take an example player who's really skilled at H2, a little less skilled at H3, and not as skilled in CE and H4.

hR3zKPp.png

If this player searches in Team Slayer, the matchmaking could search for players whose skill curves are similar to this, so no matter which game gets voted, every player in the lobby would be equally skilled.

This is a solution to the matchmaking problem that could still fit within what was said in today's update.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are these people that are streaming on twitch playing on old builds?

Over the past few weeks we've been shown numerous builds, I think this is a much older build.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do they actually have the game? I mean I know they aren't allowed to show multiplayer but do they actually have the game? IF so I am curious if we will see any leaked videos of the customization or full forge preview. 

Let's take an example player who's really skilled at H2, a little less skilled at H3, and not as skilled in CE and H4.

hR3zKPp.png

If this player searches in Team Slayer, the matchmaking could search for players whose skill curves are similar to this, so no matter which game gets voted, every player in the lobby would be equally skilled.

This is a solution to the matchmaking problem that could still fit within what was said in today's update.

Bingo!  I like your solution better than mine.  If this is the case, wouldn't this add more time to search times?  I know they said it was quicker to get evenly matched skill wise, but it'd seem to me that matching based on curve of all the games would take more time than less time.

From what I understand these review builds don't even have accessable MP on them. 

From what I heard on the streams, it's the full version of the game, but they're just not allowed to play certain things on stream. The public Xbox Live multiplayer servers have not been made live yet, but everything else is accessible (just not allowable to be streamed).

From what I understand these review builds don't even have accessable MP on them. 

I had asked some guy to prove he was legit by showing the customization screen and all it had was Halo 1 and Halo 2 so I'd assume this is the case also. I thought they actually had MCC 2 weeks early. 

But you know.. I wouldn't mind if somebody would just something so terrible like somebody leaking all the forge maps and their objects lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo, skip to 11:05 in this video and tell me that the carbine isn't insanely faster than I've ever seen it on Vista. I get that it gets faster due to frame rate issues, but this vid makes it look automatic.

Makes it different from the BR. I welcome the change, varies the sandbox