CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Seems like it!

I can confirm there's no skins.

There will be different types of Mongoose (Normal one and Gungoose), Warthogs and Banshees. I legit thought they were skins  :(

Those switches alone will take Machinima to a whole new level..

Imagine what Roosterteeth can do with RvB..

Perfect for my series (that I'm still writing)

• Upvote (+1) 2

First, that forge video was the best thing I've seen covered...NATURAL TERRAIN!

Second, they should just include that Beaver Creek remake in the game and make it 7 maps!!

Third, there are 3 of these blank canvas maps being provided!!!!

Most of the other stuff I've seen to date I've felt has been somewhat...expected. And I know that forge info had been talked about before, but I was somewhat skeptical of what would actually end up in the game. But what that guy showed in that video was just a huge map of win. I'm not a forger so I don't know what they really wanted, but for me personally the addition of natural elements is major. It actually makes me WANT to forge maps. Most of the maps I enjoy have natural structures in them, not just all gray panels everywhere, that just feels really boring to me. This really opens up options to make (and remake) great maps IMO. Being able to utilize natural terrain to provide cover and sight lines, awesome. And being able to have maps with WATER! I love how that map shown had a cave type structure built into the side of a wall. I do wish they would have shown MORE of that map, it looked pretty HUGE for a forge map. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine the machines that come out of this. Rube Goldberg contraptions were one thing in Reach, technically exact machines are another.

I'm going to run out of hard drive space the first year of tooling with Forge lol.

If you would like help with it lmk. I want to get into machinimas when this game drops. I was going to for Reach and 4, but it just never worked out.

Here we go again with this whining that occurs every time forge is brought up we don't need new maps when we can use that maps are already proven to work well in competive settings like Midship, Beaver Creek, Sanc, etc.

Fresh designs aren't necessarily required at all. All of the truly great competitive FPS games have several maps that return for each instalment. Counter Strike for example. Counter Strike GO is using the same maps from cs 1.6. Some things never get old. Maps like Midship will never get old. You have the same thing in Quake, , the classic maps have been used and played for years and years and years. A good forge remake of Midship is only a plus for H2A. it can never be a negative, because the map is simply timeless - just like Dust 2 in CS, Aerowalk in Quake. That isn't to discourage new, fresh map designs either, but the timeless maps from old games should absolutely be used in newer versions.

Yeah I don't really understand people begging for new maps or people begging to remake all the old maps either. As long as they're good maps it doesn't really matter. That's just me but maybe I'm crazy for having more fun on good maps than new maps or remade nostalgia maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If having quality remakes of old maps that work well for competitive play stops forgers from trying to build quality new maps on their own accord, then I have zero faith in the forge community. Ask yourself if you personally would not even attempt to make a unique map for competitive play just because somebody remade beaver creek. That sounds like dogshit reasoning to me and to see it occur in this thread multiple times is mildly unsettling. The motto of the forger should be: "Make shit people want to play" and I'm sure that it is (or at least some mutation of that). Stop worrying based on your inability to reason past your initial delusion that no new competitive maps will arise if forge remakes are allowed. Go make a good map of your own design. Pretty fucking simple.

I bought a Sunset overdrive Xbox Bundle, and made some skins for the console. I'm gonna send it to my brother with an adapter, extra controller and 13 months of Xbox Live. He can't afford an Xbox One at the moment, so hopefully it's a good surprise. Fortunately, he can afford TMCC.

I think it looks good, am I missing something? What do you guys think?

10429274_786298531412440_860298756847578

I think it looks really cool Wow that is great thing to do. I hope your brother enjoys it man 

I bought a Sunset overdrive Xbox Bundle, and made some skins for the console. I'm gonna send it to my brother with an adapter, extra controller and 13 months of Xbox Live. He can't afford an Xbox One at the moment, so hopefully it's a good surprise. Fortunately, he can afford TMCC.

I think it looks good, am I missing something? What do you guys think?

10429274_786298531412440_860298756847578

Brothers giving brothers a hand excellent, very clever positioning of the face decal.

EDIT: Apparently headaches turn me into an oblivious mess.

OMG
Finally some good/usable terrain pieces, realistic textures, and look at that foliage palette.  :wub:

I'm in heaven.
:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Implying they even use the game that much anymore. It's no longer a machinima, just a Halo show made by their animation guy with a C-class story.

Blood Gulch Chronological is the only RvB.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't like Midship that much honestly.Maybe I'd enjoy it more with different colors I don't know.

If you are going to remake midship

I'd say make it using similar architect to Sanctuary. Make it have that ruins look. No roof so it can have sunlight coming it too it but keep the design the same as midship. Just with an artstyle of Sanctuary. If you are going to remake it put some spirit into and make it different. I'd enjoy a midship with an open roof. Just make it to where you can't get out of the map. 

Still I'd like cool original maps. Out of all of the forges that will be on Halo 2As forge I have a feeling at least one map will be epic. As good as Midship or something. Or Lockout or whatever your favorite map is. With the forge we have at the moment if there was ever a time to make a good map it would be with MCC.

Or Halo 5 but MCC for now :p 

I hope the really well made maps in H2A are recognised and not thrown aside for the next Midship donut clone. 

They won't be, the same thing that always happens will happen. People will play 1 game and say "Well this map sucks" and that will be the death of it.

It sounds silly but there were numerous times during H3/Reach that I watched people stream and test out new maps and that was pretty much what they said verbatim. I don't forge and have never had the patience for it but after putting so much effort into making something it's gotta be really frustrating to see it thrown out so quickly while seeing remakes of maps like the Pit surviving for so long.

• Upvote (+1) 2