CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I understand forge is great but this game comes with so many maps / what will people be making New maps or Remakes of maps already in the game .

Still it looks great (i wont use it because im awful at Forge)

Maps for the Halo2A engine. I'd rather play updated graphics if I had the option too. And it is also a new game. 

I'd support 1 flag with mongooses? Mongeese? Monguie? IDK whatever, I'll play Halo 1 so my vote doesn't really matter, H2A will be sub part and annoying at best.

Mongoose/Mongooses is correct.

Glad to see the "random dark object" glitch from Reach is still hanging around though...  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This more than makes up for their mistakes with Halo 4's Forge. I seriously can't wait; as soon as my campaign marathon is done I'm diving into Forge, only emerging for CE 2v2 customs and playing 4v4 & BTB on H2A forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This more than makes up for their mistakes with Halo 4's Forge. I seriously can't wait; as soon as my campaign marathon is done I'm diving into Forge, only emerging for CE 2v2 customs and playing 4v4 & BTB on H2A forge maps.

yup, campaign run and then straight to forge for me. 

Hope 343 has some sort of system where they put good forge maps into the playlists.

Say about Halo 4 what you want, but 343 actually managed to put really good forge maps into matchmaking. Unlike Bungie who seemed to be trying really hard to find the worst maps the community made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

WOW today is just AMAZING!!! 
First I see all those new upcoming Marvel movie titles and now FORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HYPEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I see no reason to not add more remade H2 maps like Beaver Creek if they actually look good and stay true to the original design but are not grey and sometimes not even recognizable like in reach/4.

Is it possible they could have a covenant skybox with a covenant pallete?

Say about Halo 4 what you want, but 343 actually managed to put really good forge maps into matchmaking. Unlike Bungie who seemed to be trying really hard to find the worst maps the community made.

Yeah I never was able to use that feature because I didn't have a harddrive. The community map area or whatever it was. So I am exciting to see it now. 

If they wanted us to create a Beaver Creek remake they would have to give us a prefabricated Rocket Arch.  It just doesn't work well enought when you try to build it out of smaller rocks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

does anyone know if all the h3/h4 armor will be unlocked from the start on MCC?

We don't know yet.

I have a feeling that instead of each map having it's own style of forge pieces they will all share the same style over the 3 maps. Meaning triple the amount of pieces. Even if that isn't the case I'd still be happy. 

That's odd because I thought MLG died with H3. It's cool you have a bunch of mlg reach and 4 guys though! Hope you enjoy MCC!

Nah man

Nj Ny and Pa are loaded with great fps players

Oh man... this is phenomenal. I can already see the customs community and forge community making a huge comeback with this. Also looks like we can play on forge maps and not FEEL like we are playing on forge maps. Going to be great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The MCC would come out in the middle of the second year of my phd. No sleep and copious walks for my students on the way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear that surprise they have waiting for us had better be a custom game browser, otherwise so many of these original creations will go unplayed.

Imagine: scrolling through the list, seeing a map you've never played, joining the match and discovering your new favourite map/gametype. IMAGINE!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear that surprise they have waiting for us had better be a custom game browser, otherwise so many of these original creations will go unplayed. Imagine: scrolling through the list, seeing a map you've never played, joining the match and discovering your new favourite map/gametype. IMAGINE!!!

It would be a real missed opportunity because the map line up seems purposely picked for popular custom games.  Tower of Power on Ascension and Lockout.  Tremors on Coag.  Were there any popular games on Warlock, Zanzibar or Sanctuary?

• Upvote (+1) 1