CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If it does grow into something amazing, I feel like the support will be on both H2A and H2C - H3 will be most popular online with few online tourneys and local lans here and there...But majority of competitive players will learn and understand that H2 is where it's at.

But still won't stop players who just wanna have fun semi-competitive experience to compete in H2A.

While I understand that too many playlists could fragment the playerbase, I think we can agree that only having one dedicated playlist for any one of the entries in the series is a bit lacking. I'm sure I'm not the only one buying this game for one entry in particular (in my case, H1, in many others' cases, H2 or H3) and it just seems that their answer is cross-game playlists. Instead, they still could have launched with 12 playlists - 3 per game (dedicated). The cross-game playlists should be the exception, not the rule, since most people will likely stick to one game at a time. What do you think will happen when people are bent on getting the gametype they want, but people vote for another option (another game) in the lobby? Quitters.

Of course with a custom game lobby none of this matters, as the player who wants to FFA Snipers on Chillout can easily find it in the list.

I mean even the supposedly god-forsaken PC port of Halo CE has a server list (for both dedicated and P2P servers). I don't see how this isn't a no-brainer for 343i.

A PC style custom game lobby is one thing I do hope they keep from HPC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are 2 weeks out and none of my friends have any idea about TMMC, and the ones who do have no idea the amount of stuff it includes. Shit, even my old school halo buddies still think the Halo CE they are including is the Halo CE: Anniversary we got for 360 :/

When IGN talks about the ranks, I hope they release an image of all them.

gwnemLo.png

1-50 ranking system confirmed!   :maven:

Also service tag 117, Master Chief confirmed playable in H2A!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't doubt the causal CE experience. I know a few people who had zero interest in MCC until I told them it had CE online.

Seriously. People change their tune about the collection all the time when I tell them that we'll be able to play CE online, and that the netcode looks good. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having 6-maps only isn't that big of a deal, especially since they are the cream of the crop and have been polished both geometrically and aesthetically.

H2A has 4 maps that we can use competitively: Zenith, Shrine, Warlord and Lockdown. (Potentially 5 if Stonetown can be made viable with forge)

Halo 2 shipped with 4 maps: Midship, Lockout, Beaver Creek and Warlock.

Halo 3 shipped with 4 maps: The Pit, Narrows, Guardian and Construct, many of which were, and still are looked down upon.

Reach shipped with 2 maps: Zealot and Countdown, but survived for a while on the MLG circuit with the help of forge, and many people here believe MLG V7 is the best Halo we have had since CE/H2, despite having 2 maps only. 

Halo 4 shipped with 2 maps: Haven and Abandon, and had the worst gameplay yet, but was still used in competition. Sure you could argue it had 3 with Adrift....4 with Solace if you really want to push it, but the reality is competitive Halo can last at least a year with forge helping, even with only 2 disk maps - it has happened twice now, and has thrived on 4 twice now as well.

With 4 maps and the best forge to date, arguing that we don't have enough maps is arguing for the sake of arguing. 

And now PGL is supporting H2A too.

Halo 2 did not ship with Warlock...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now I know the difference between service tag and clan tag. 

SERVICE TAG:
JNHwPDS.jpg

CLAN TAG:
Gw8ARc4.jpg

There we go, maybe I'm the last person to know. But whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you go to a local Halo tournament, they either, A)Use default team slayer and maps, and keep 99% of the people who attend happy, or use MLG's settings and custom maps, and keep 1% of the people who attend happy and leave the rest of the people confused and pissed off.

By making the default gametypes and maps good/COMPETITIVE out of the box, everyone is happy, more people become interested in competing, and the national tournaments have more people show up. 

I have said it numerous times, games like League and Street fighter are great for competition because they use the vanilla version of the games with little to no changes in settings. 

We don't have that with Halo anymore. But at least we have the ability to be creative...sigh. 

Forge is a good idea as long as we get good maps out of the box that come with it. Halo 3 is the only game that has done this in my opinion so far, and H2A's map's may be few but they look solid. Forge won't be a problem this time around, but you can quote me if I am wrong

Edit: I doubt Forge will be a problem for any game that has it actually, because everyone now has the DLC

In my wildest dreams they will add a server list.

However, in reality all I expect is at least a few more playlists per game. The following logic just does not make sense to me:

• Implement 12 playlists at launch, generally 1-2 per entry in the series plus a bunch of playlists that cover multiple entries
  • There aren't playlists per entry for fear of dividing the playerbase
  • B-but you can join customs.............. With no custom server browser -_-

They might bring back CE in all its glory - perfect netcode, original Xbox spawn times, the whole kit. But if players aren't able to get the experiences they've been longing for, seems like wasted potential to me...

Does anyone know if the armor unlocking system on halo 3 will be the same? I enjoyed how you can unlock armor by methods other than buying it with credits 

Are they bringing clans back? I'm confused and probably out of the loop. Sorry for double post

Does anyone know if the armor unlocking system on halo 3 will be the same? I enjoyed how you can unlock armor by methods other than buying it with credits 

Apparently all armour is unlocked and are in sets, so you cannot mix and match. Not confirmed though

Are they bringing clans back? I'm confused and probably out of the loop. Sorry for double post

Nope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLAN TAG:

Gw8ARc4.jpg

There we go, maybe I'm the last person to know. But whatever.

So is the clan tag and service tag 2 separate things that don't really mean anything? Why not just have 1?

There is just too much content to explain to the masses in one sentence what MCC is...

Saying "It's halo 1,2,3,4 and 2 Anniversary in one disk" really leaves the important detailed to assumptions.

Example:

my old school halo buddies still think the Halo CE they are including is the Halo CE: Anniversary we got for 360 :/

Some of my friends think that the Halo 4 that'll be shipped will have new and fixed/improved mechanics.

Some even thought that Halo 2 will be getting the whole anniversary treatment including all MP maps...

Kinda wondering what sort of backlash/surprise the game will receive.

When you go to a local Halo tournament, they either, A)Use default team slayer and maps, and keep 99% of the people who attend happy, or use MLG's settings and custom maps, and keep 1% of the people who attend happy and leave the rest of the people confused and pissed off.

By making the default gametypes and maps good/COMPETITIVE out of the box, everyone is happy, more people become interested in competing, and the national tournaments have more people show up. 

I have said it numerous times, games like League and Street fighter are great for competition because they use the vanilla version of the games with little to no changes in settings. 

We don't have that with Halo anymore. But at least we have the ability to be creative...sigh. 

So have you ever attend a halo event?

I think you mixed up your percentages-  MLG players are the 1% of halo's total population, but 99% of people who attend LAN events are "MLGers." 

So have you ever attend a halo event?

I think you mixed up your percentages- MLG players are the 1% of halo's total population, but 99% of people who attend LAN events are "MLGers."

If the comp settings are different than the vanilla game it's hindering growth of the comp scene and it will stay small/niche. That's what he's getting at. That's the important part of the post.

Barrier of entry is too high if you go to a tournament and the maps and gametypes are not what's featured in most playlists. And sometimes core mechanics are different (Reach zbns, h4 no loadouts).

H1 is great in that regard. You don't have to download gametypes and forge maps to attend a LAN or play comp gametypes. Only game out of the box required.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see no point in predicting seeing as most playlists are cross-game and there's no way of knowing how many lobbies are voting for each game, unless 343 release the stats for it which is highly unlikely. And due to the fact that the specific playlists for certain games are different, i.e If you want to play FFA, you have to play H2A FFA even if you don't like H2A and would rather play H3 FFA for example. Or, if you want to play socially without the stress of ranks, you have to play H2A social and can't play any other game because H2A is the only option.

However, if I had to pick, after 6 months I'd say;

Tied for 1. H2C and H3 (hard to decide between the two)

2. H2A  

3. CE

4. H4

• Upvote (+1) 1