CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1. H2A

2. Halo 3

3. Halo 2

4. Halo CE

5. Halo 4

It will be interesting to see who gets it right.

I'd like to see it like this, but I don't think it will happen:

1. Halo CE

2. Halo 2

3. Halo 2A

4. Halo 3

5. Halo 4

Please lead off with the ranking system stuff. We dont need map walkthroughs of maps we've already seen people play on IGN, stop it.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. We will at the very least start the week with a map walk through. I'm just super happy that they are giving us any rank info pre-release.

Next week will be so bad when it comes to waiting. This week you still get a bit of footage/info every day, but IGN First is done after this week. At least the sudds keep doing ******** shit to entertain us.

"Idk if you know who I am..." hahaha. Not even everyone in the competitive community knows who you are, pal. And I betcha RD Jr. or Samuel L. Jackson couldn't tell you what Halo was if you asked them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From a 343 standpoint they will obviously be going with H2A however I don't think that the community should just fold like that. H2C/CE tournaments could do well if the support is there and who knows maybe 343 will want to support those to some degree.

We finally have the chance to play what we want to play and it would be such a shame to just throw that aside because 343 is throwing money at H2A tournaments. 

It's a fact though that if H2A tournaments end up with much higher prizepools that the smaller tournaments will not be able to compete.

Initially after release H2A will have the largest population. It's the new game that 343 is doing their best to market. H2A will also be the first to die out due to the general population leaving and going to Halo 5 upon its release.

The game that never dies out? Flip a coin between CE and H2C, the die hards may not even buy H5 since the best game ever in their opinion is right at their fingertips with online capabilities. Everyone wins.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Slightly OT but whatever so glad I decided too wait before buying a new console had a feeling there was going too be a good deal soon and a bundle for $350 is a sweet deal.

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox-one-available-349-us-holiday-season/?linkId=10212303

Do the game bundles come with physical discs or digital copies? If I could trade in whichever disc is included in the bundle toward MCC, that'd be pretty sweet.

Do the game bundles come with physical discs or digital copies? If I could trade in whichever disc is included in the bundle toward MCC, that'd be pretty sweet.

Digital I believe.

There's only six maps. Many of the ridiculously fun btb maps are not in H2A, add to it that it's clunky...I think H2 will win out or H3 over H2A within a month or two. 

The whole argument that older skilled players will just push players out of H2 and H3, well the same thing would happen in H2A by that logic. The second half of that argument is that there's going to be multiple playlists populated by casuals in H2 and H3 so no, I don't think H2A will be king for long.

I think the population of each game will have their loyal groups. Some players will stick strictly to H2C, or CE.. or H3.. Everybody will bounce to and from H2A (when we get bored with our respective defaults)... but, as long as there is a bunch of people on every game, who cares is one has 10k more, or 20k more.. I just want halo to be back.

That bloodline gameplay reminded me of N64 multiplayer Mario kart lol.  If only you had three balloons over your mongoose.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hello folks,

My concerns:

• Small amount of playlists per game in the Master Chief Collection: Since everything is running on dedicated servers, I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be more dedicated playlists for each game (i.e.: H1 Rumble Pit, 2v2, 4v4, BTB, and more or less the same sets for the other games).
  • No viable alternative besides searching for custom games: If they stick with the old P2P model of joining custom games through the friends list, I'll be disappointed. It ought to be easier for the player than making friends or looking through a custom games thread. This is a great opportunity for 343i to implement a custom game browser (even if customs aren't hosted on dedicated servers the addition of a game list would be most welcome).

I am worried that we will once again be faced with the problem H4 had: decent maps/gametypes that go unplayed by the masses, simply because they never come up in matchmaking.

I've been a daily lurker since the early days of that massive MCC discussion thread and TBH I'm quite surprised this isn't a hot topic. I know everyone's happy just to be able to play H1 and H2 online, but let's be realistic here: why are we settling for an online gaming model developped 7+ years ago for P2P-based matchmaking when we could have more choice and variety?

I'm not saying we're entitled to anything - in my eyes, 343i has my respect just for bringing back H1 - but I'd like to play something other than 4v4's in H1.

And let's be honest - cross-game playlists? So we'll have to sit through matches in other games to get to the map/gametype we're after?

What do you think? Are you content with being served a small slice of Halo pie that 343i chooses for you? Wouldn't you rather be granted more options? Or at least some sort of custom game browser as an alternative?