CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Given that we'll see a pro team play h5 guardians on the 10th of November, I highly doubt the surprise is H5 related. Probably just Forge in H2A.

However, the ranking system news has me excited as hell. I figured since most casuals these days don't give a fuck about ranking they wouldn't show anything before Release, but one day dedicated to ranks is really awesome. This almost makes me wanna like IGN, than I remember how "legit" their reviews are.

I believe it's going to sustain much better than Halo 4. If they could release a DLC with H2A in the coming months that could even be better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly still believe that this will be the "main" competitive halo game being played. I know most of us want H2C for the nostalgia, but I just feel that isn't going to happen, I know we have a huge halo 2 tourney coming soon, but I think that will be one of not so many. H2A looks beautiful and when we have our hands on it to forge, edit settings and even get some dlc I think it will be the go to game for competing. 

I REALLY hope we get some DLC maps, another 6 remakes would be AMAZING! Honestly though I think they need to consider every play style this time with the maps, meaning that 343 needs to remake big scale a small scale maps equally if another 6 are chosen. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I REALLY hope we get some DLC maps, another 6 remakes would be AMAZING! Honestly though I think they need to consider every play style this time with the maps, meaning that 343 needs to remake big scale a small scale maps equally if another 6 are chosen.

Blood gulch 8v8 ideal

Ascension 6v6 ideal

Zanzibar 5v5 ideal

Lockout 4v4, 3v3 ideal

Sanctuary 4v4

Warlock 2v2 ideal

All they're missing us the really big map .

Which I could have totally fine for containment or waterworks instead of ascension, but it's whatever.

It has halo 2 maps with a working BR

Better movement

I believe you misread his post. He was talking about how it looks, not how it plays.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 s br was great netwise and that game was no where as good as h3 . It shows you theres a lot more to a good game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Blood gulch 8v8 ideal

Ascension 6v6 ideal

Zanzibar 5v5 ideal

Lockout 4v4, 3v3 ideal

Sanctuary 4v4

Warlock 2v2 ideal

All they're missing us the really big map .

Which I could have totally fine for containment or waterworks instead of ascension, but it's whatever.

6v6 on Ascension?? That's crazy but yeah more maps will always be a good thing :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I believe it's going to sustain much better than Halo 4. If they could release a DLC with H2A in the coming months that could even be better.

I know I'm being naive but I wonder if they will be giving us the DLC maps for free being that we already have 100 maps.

I know I'm being naive but I wonder if they will be giving us the DLC maps for free being that we already have 100 maps.

If they do DLC, I highly doubt it will be free. We're getting all this content for $60 after all.

Doubt it will be free. I would gladly pay $10 for a DLC map pack. They've already given us so much.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Doubt it will be free. I would gladly pay $10 for a DLC map pack. They've already given us so much.

Same, at this point I'd pay anything from $10-20 for 6-8 more maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do you guys think they could remake desolation, following more of a derelict layout with teleporters, and have it for competitive playlists? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It looks 1000 times better than halo4.

Please don't give me this it was made off the halo 4 engine shit as well please because every halo has been made off the previous title.

It also looks way better than halo 3 too Imo.

I still don't understand why people don't understand this..

I am with you on this. I got somewhere around 40-43 if I remember correctly, and it was impossible to move up. I don't think a lot of people remember how bad the cheating was. You would win 1 legit game, and then get standbyed 2 or 3 games in a row. It is what made me quit playing H2.

Heh, that's why I started circle boosting. :P

It actually takes a lot of skill lol. There's a lot to account for and deal with.

H2A looks closest to ZBNS Reach to me. Range will be closed a little due to the map pool and the BR, but otherwise it's looking similar (consistent, no sprint, no glitches, hitscan, similar kill times one the starting weapons).

And that's why I think StK will take this. Does anyone else remember just how good Royal 2 and Snakebite were at the 2012 event?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah that is weird. The two versions of the link are identical but one doesn't work.

#LegacyTech

I'm buying the disc version from Gamestop because it comes with that Bandanna skull which in my opinion is the best preorder skull available. It gives you unlimited ammo and grenades in the campaign, for those of you who have not played Halo CE Anniversary.   

I thought I read somewhere on here that the skulls you get for pre-ordering at Gamestop or Best Buy or wherever will be released later this year to everyone. If you pre-order, then you have access to the skulls a little early.

It's going to take up the same amount of storage whether you buy the physical or digital copy. If you pre-load the game, you will also be able to download the 20GB patch before the game releases as opposed to updating it when the game comes out if you buy it physically. Just make sure you have automatic updates turned on with your Xbox One. The game will unlock for users at 9:01PM PDT (West Coast) - 12:01AM EST (East Coast) if I'm not mistaken.

The Xbox One ships with 500GB and 1TB SKUs. About 138GB is reserved for the OS and other functions which leaves 362GB available for the 500GB model and around 886GB for the 1TB model. The Xbox One also supports external hard drives if you're looking to have more storage room.

Thanks for the info SkaSide really appreciate it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes everything in the collection is excellent except for Halo 4, Halo 4 is toliet paper compared to every other halo title

• Upvote (+1) 2

It looks 1000 times better than halo4.

Please don't give me this it was made off the halo 4 engine shit as well please because every halo has been made off the previous title.

It also looks way better than halo 3 too Imo.

Except the game is called Halo 2 Anniversary...kind of weird that its not built off the H2 engine considering its supposed to be a 10 year celebration of H2.

I wont be hating I still got H2C and there will be tournaments for that, but I would love to see HCE/H2C tournaments as well because I know the community support will be there for those games.