CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I shouldn't even have to say this (I thought the ignorant bashing had stopped) but even reach had some positive points. People need to stop desperately looking for a game to trash for Christ's sake.

I think every single halo game released was a good game. That doesn't mean they copied the last games mechanics or game play, like EVERYONE seems to want. They were each good in their own way.

Most people in here literally do not want change.

I shouldn't even have to say this (I thought the ignorant bashing had stopped) but even reach had some positive points. People need to stop desperately looking for a game to trash for Christ's sake.

I think every single halo game released was a good game. That doesn't mean they copied the last games mechanics or game play, like EVERYONE seems to want. They were each good in their own way.

I'm embracing change. I'd prefer if we all went on to play H2A and treat it as the true Sequel we've all been waiting for and forget all this nonsense that has happened in between.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if this is a late post.

So Oddball Throwing is in H2A? Confirmed?

I liked Ricochet for what it is but I really hope 343 keeps Oddball the way it is meant to be--classic.

(or add a Oddball Throw toggle option for the gametype but have it 'no throw' by default)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing is accurate consistent precision weapons and fluid skillful movement should be a staple of every FPS and Halo has failed at the fundamentals of its own ruleset for far too long and the fan-base is absolutely correct in calling the dev out on it. I am of the opinion that every series has "core fundamental gameplay rules" that the developer needs to keep in tact or improve on, not continuously regress on or break until we are left with a game that has lost its identity and is a shadow of itself mechanically speaking. All of our complaining(along with overwhelming evidence that the "new" Halo is not pleasing anyone) has seem to finally reach someone with power though, as we are seeing more focus on restoring the core Arena game-play of Halo already with the MCC and H5.

Would ranks be returning and a more "classic" Halo style being sold if everyone just ignored the faults and praised modern Halo titles? No, anyone with half a brain can see even from the last H2A tournament(not even H2C or HCE) that the aiming and moving(along with the maps) was just objectively better and it played better because of it and was more entertaining to watch overall as a result. I mean we saw Pistola and Strongside go on killing frenzies+ in the first tournament, more consistent/skillful mechanics make a deeper and more intuitive game possible. People can play Halo CE+Halo 2 hours on end on the same maps for years on end because the gameplay does not get stale or frustrating like modern titles do.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well now you can choose which buttons are mapped to the paddles.. so having B and X mapped to those will allow aiming/button glitching at the same time with little to no effort at all.

Yeah very true actually. I am just going to assume that the ******* will try to bxb so fast that they cancel their own beatdowns and end up butterflying in your face while you kill them :D

I'm just going to wait to see how it goes before I purchase an Xbox One and the MCC. There is no point in buying an entire console, game, and XBL if the population is just going to drop huge again and it takes forever to find matches. I hope Halo is restored to at least 100k+ players per day for at least a year.

You mean unique players per day or players on at the same time? That's quite a difference...

Can't tell if you're serious.....

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry if this is a late post.

So Oddball Throwing is in H2A? Confirmed?

I liked Ricochet for what it is but I really hope 343 keeps Oddball the way it is meant to be--classic.

(or add a Oddball Throw toggle option for the gametype but have it 'no throw' by default)

No clue yet. 

People are going to do what they're going to do. Even if half the population started using scuffs it'll still be a lot better than getting standbyed 2/3 games in hardcore once you get to 30.

This is so true, I will never forget spawning above a map and getting instant killed, or spending > half the game in blue screen (which I still prefer over black screen).

Honestly, those of us who grew up playing CE or even H2C know what a magic these games have on you. The first time you are playing a 2v2 in CE or when you nade yourself something for the first time or you get that sick double with the help of your teammate or when you BXR someone for the first time in H2 or even when you play your first couple MLG 4v4 customs or when you pull off your first superbounce. Those are feelings that are still gonna work today. People will fall for these games. I have recently introduced two friends to Halo and we pretty much played all of them except Reach and both of them love Halo 1 the most by far. It's not just nostalgia speaking, these games are actually really good and they have that magic that makes you wanna keep playing and playing.

As for those of you that started with H3 or even later games: That very same magic I was just talking about happened to you in Halo 3. I have no idea how that magic looks like because I have spent the majority of my time playing Halo 3 bitching about the game itself. However, I can understand that you guys fell in love with that game and it will always have a special place in your hearts. That game is magic for you and getting to play it with a decent population and a lot less lag is awesome and I can certainly understand looking forward to it. Just understand that just as someone who started with H3 was disappointed by Reach and/or H4, the same thing applies to people who started with CE or H2. Those of us who started with CE have pretty much been disappointed 4 times by a new Halo game now. And it's hard to understand someones passion for something you actually don't like.

What I'm trying to say is: We all get what we want here. And yes it sucks that H2 and H3 share a Hardcore playlist. BUT we have to be one happy community that accepts everyone involved. That means that the CE purists have to understand that people actually love games that disgust them and H3 kids need to also understand that there were a shit ton of people who were really disappointed when H3 (or really any Halo after CE) came out. We all love Halo and we all want it to grow. Let's focus on that and not on which game is the best. MCC is giving everyone what they want and we can all agree that that's pretty fucking awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 6

TL;DR

:kappa: - Great read. 

I'm most excited for Halo 2: Anniversary MP, it's what Halo 3, Reach, and 4 should have evolved to IMO. 

Very important words there, ignored by everyone but us( the community).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone worried about Scuf controllers and H2C button glitches? Extra buttons/paddles on those controllers will make button glitches ( Mainly Double shot im thinking )  require basically no skill or practice to pull off.

Apparently these have made it to Best Buy already  :(

http://imgur.com/a/m3fPu

What's your gamer tag probably can show me button glitches for H2 I'm new to halo and that's all I hear and big teams guess glitches and big teams were fun for H2

the "eSports" Addicts that cling to CE and H2C annoy me, I mean come on there good games but you have no right to tell us what we can and cant play in the collection !

^ Look at this name. Obvious troll is obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With all of that said, I think I'm most excited to play some Swords n' Shotguns on Lockout with some old friends one more time.

#weback

No fuck you we're playing MY settings

#Ruined

• Upvote (+1) 4

Allergic to heat? I'm glad you're not one of those people who sweat more playing Halo then sports, otherwise you'd be in trouble!

On a serious note; was a great read. I might have to see if I can contact my old childhood friends and destroy them again with dual pistols on Lockout =p.

Look like we're still having the "h3 sucks it has no business being in the same playlist as h2" conversation

Im not able to watch cause i'll be in class. Anyone gonna try to hit up Ign's twitter and site for sure with the bulk of the H1 related questions today?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where is IGN going to be streaming the game today? Twitch I'm assuming?

I heard their youtube channel. Will they put up a VOD afterwards?