CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hit detection still looks like garbage in MP.

Why did H3 go untouched but CE didnt?

This is what I want to know. Why not change some stuff in H3? maybe not the BR because that's a fundamental thing about the game, you change that and you change H3, but if I see bullet refunding, double reloads, and all the "small stuff" there still I will be slightly disappointed.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hit detection still looks like garbage in MP.

Why did H3 go untouched but CE didnt?

CE should have went untouched... Me, along with many other CE players would have been perfectly fine with old, blurry, 30 frames a second halo...because the core game play IS THAT GOOD!

• Upvote (+1) 1

They had to touch CE to make PC ported parts go away in order to give it a console feel.  That is why CE did not go untouched.

I wonder if H3 will have it's own true-skill ranking?

It will use Halo 2's ranking system - same for every other game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, if you smack talk about H:CE on these message boards, you will probably get run out of here on rails. It's all in the eye of the beholder, but to many who post here (myself included), H:CE is the most skilled and well balanced game in the Halo series. To those same people, each subsequent Halo game deviated further and further away from the formula that made H:CE so great. 

I would agree that H:CE is not without faults, it's just H:CE has significantly less flaws when compared to all other Halo games.

Agree. For me, not only is CE more skill based and balanced, but it is the most nostalgic and the Halo I played the most. I hated H2 when it first came out with nerfed melee, nades, and a terrible BR. Bungie also gave it terrible settings and playlists. After Bungie fixed a lot of these issues, the large hitboxes, increased auto aim, and melee lunge still stood out to me and I never got into any of the other Halo games since.

I undestand when others prefer other Halos based on nostalgia or whatever they played first/ the most, but none can touch CE's competitive experience in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one that didn't find the H3 BR to be all the bad? It functions exactly as a burst weapon should...

Hit detection was sketchy if your connection was sketchy, it happens... It wasn't a general occurrence for me though so I don't even consider it an issue.

I still hit most of the shots I should've hit... If not, it was likely that my aim was off.

Halo 3 in 1080 with 60 FPS nothing said they were fixing anything.  If you don't like it you don't have to play it, we have all the other Halos for a reason.

errr, problem is even if we don't want to play it, it will still effect us because H3 was lumped into team hardcore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did anyone else like playing on a really good connection in Halo 3 more than they liked having host? Something about host in Halo 3 was just off... I don't know how to explain it. It seemed like stuff registered better on great connections compared to being on host.

I fast forwarded to the multiplayer toward the end... but looked nothing different than me playing it on my 360 tbh.

It does look much smoother, did you watch in high quality and do you have a 60 Hz monitor? Otherwise, yeah it looks exactly the same

Was that video of Halo 3 on LAN? Did those shots really not register?

Shot registration in H3 has always been dodgy on LAN, it doesn't really surprise me TBH.

Am I the only one that didn't find the H3 BR to be all the bad? It functions exactly as a burst weapon should...

Hit detection was sketchy if your connection was sketchy, it happens... It wasn't a general occurrence for me though so I don't even consider it an issue.

I still hit most of the shots I should've hit... If not, it was likely that my aim was off.

This shows fairly well why the H3 BR is a sad joke.

H3 in hardcore will only be an issue on lower levels. I expect rank 30+ people to vote for h2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shot registration in H3 has always been dodgy on LAN, it doesn't really surprise me TBH.

True. You'd think they try to fix this problem though. It has always been a problem since 2007. 

It's whatever though. I will still play the game just to get the achievements. Halo 2 Classic is where I will be playing!

It looks like there's just as much bullet magnetism in h2a as there is in h4 unfortunately. Wish they would go back to H1 where you could aim for the upper half of the body and NOT get a head-shot every time.

Not even dedicated servers can make the h3 BR consistent. Bungie really designed that game to be random from the ground up.

It sucks that this trash is in the hardcore playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

First halo game i took seriously yes. First shooter was Gears 1

I did play some halo 2 before halo 3 but i didnt care for it at that time...i dont know i just find it funny people ITT can talk smack about Halo 3 but god forbid u mention anything bad about halo 1.

well what is bad about halo 1? Text wall response please
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Hardcore: H2C + H3

Esports: H2A

Was this confirmed or are we still just assuming?

It looks like there's just as much bullet magnetism in h2a as there is in h4 unfortunately. Wish they would go back to H1 where you could aim for the upper half of the body and NOT get a head-shot every time.

What did you seriously expect? It's Halo 2 Anniversary, not Halo CE Annversary. The game is going to try and approximate Halo 2's mechanics, not change them.

• Upvote (+1) 1