CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Pre-downloaded/installed :). Took almost 2 hours... Man i feel bad for you guys with slow download speeds. Many of you seem to have decent connections "25mbs" and such. But you all seem so suffer from terrible actual file download speeds. Does anyone ever think to ask their ISP what their actual download/upload speeds cap at? Cause one 25mbs connection may have better actual download speeds then another 25mbs connection. Just depends on your ISPs system.

I have 55mbs down/15mbs up. But i can actually download files (from good servers/high seeded torrents) @ 15mbs capped & 8mbs upload. So something 50 gigs or less, off of XBL servers, takes around 2 hours. From what i can tell by this thread, 90% of you dont get anywhere near those type of download speeds. The 20gig patch will take me maybe 50 minutes. I don't think i could handle anything slower then that. I already complain that my speeds are capped to low as it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heads up, we will be launching our Matchmaking/Custom players thread for MCC in a couple weeks. Think you guys will like it a lot to find players on here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pre-downloaded/installed :). Took almost 2 hours... Man i feel bad for you guys with slow download speeds. Many of you seem to have decent connections "25mps" and such. But you all seem so suffer from terrible actual file download speeds. Does anyone ever think to ask their ISP what their actual download/upload speeds cap at? Cause one 25mbs connection may have better actual download speeds then another 25mbs connection. Just depends on your ISPs system.

I have 55mbs down/15mbs up. But i can actually download files (from good servers/high seeded torrents) @ 15mbs capped & 8mbs upload. So something 50 gigs or less, off of XBL servers, takes around 2 hours. From what i can tell by this thread, 90% of you dont get anywhere near those type of download speeds. The 20gig patch will take me maybe 50 minutes. I don't think i could handle anything slower then that. I already complain that my speeds are capped to low as it is.

What internet provider do you have?

Anyone having any problems with the download? My download has reset twice now. Firstly from 62% down to 32% then again it reset when I finally got it back up to like 40% but again it reset itself down to 1%. Very frustrating.

Anyone having any problems with the download? My download has reset twice now. Firstly from 62% down to 32% then again it reset when I finally got it back up to like 40% but again it reset itself down to 1%. Very frustrating.

Are you turning your Xbox off when downloading?

No I'm not I have my xbox on the setting were it does not automatically turn off. :/

So it is on the entire time while downloading?

Yeah I just realised what it was, I basically lost connection and it reset. This is going to be annoying since my connection is pretty poor and very prone to losing connection.

People with crappy internet should try waiting till Monday during work hours to start downloading. Probably will work much better. 

Yeah I just realised what it was, I basically lost connection and it reset. This is going to be annoying since my connection is pretty poor and very prone to losing connection.

Not sure that's the problem, I have 75 down and I'm having the same issue, not sure how to fix it.

Guys, this might seem like a stupid question, but I haven't been able to find the answer online. If I were to buy an Xbox cash gift card, I would be able to redeem the gift card code on my Xbox One, and use it to purchase MCC correct?

Buy from amazon, they email you a code with your selected amount. I believe walmart does it the same way and you can buy it in $5 increments too.

Going to be a tough choice between digital and physical. Convenience of digital is real but I've gone to every halo release at midnight with friends and the experience has always been so awesome. Decisions decisions.

Telus.

I have never heard of that but w/your speeds they must be quality.

Could someone please explain how dedicated servers will work? I live in Australia, so does this mean I'll connect to an Australian server and only play others connected to the same server?

I have never heard of that but w/your speeds they must be quality.

Its a Western Canada only ISP. Canada does have some of the best quality internet there is. Not because of our speeds, but because our population is so low, and spread over a large area, so they don't have to worry about bandwidth overloads, which allows for them to give us higher download/upload cap speeds. Their entire network is fibre optics too...

Plus i live in the city where Telus hosts their internet connections from. The server building is about 10 minutes drive from me. So i actually get slightly better then advertised speeds. I do pay $70 a month though... so theres that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could someone please explain how dedicated servers will work? I live in Australia, so does this mean I'll connect to an Australian server and only play others connected to the same server?

We honestly don't know. I'm still hoping that we have an option to connect to a server of our choice (like Titanfall) but we've seen nothing like that yet :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last time I checked, there were no servers in Australia but I could be wrong.  

Last time I checked, there were no servers in Australia but I could be wrong.  

There was a server added to Australia back in March.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going to be a tough choice between digital and physical. Convenience of digital is real but I've gone to every halo release at midnight with friends and the experience has always been so awesome. Decisions decisions.

Gonna sound silly but I like the trip back to 2004 through hardcopy/physical. Sure at the time I had to wait til Christmas, but I sure will celebrate like Christmas '04.

I also like the smell of a Blu-Ray/DVD/CD before it is ever played...