CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This is the experience I've always had playing with real life friends.

They want to go in and play ranked under your main account where you yourself have to focus and struggle to do well, they aren't nearly as good as they imagine they are, unfun times ensue.

Well you could make an extra account to play on with your friends since they will all have gold.

Is there a way to predownload the patch? I'd love to download it now so I don't have to wait 30 mins or 20 mins whatever to download it when I get home. 

Is there a way to predownload the patch? I'd love to download it now so I don't have to wait 30 mins or 20 mins whatever to download it when I get home. 

If you're getting it digital, it will automatically download a few days before November 11th. If not, nope.

Alright I might try to go Digital I need to get this straight.

So it unlocks at 12:00 Eastern time? 

Like I live in Central time zone and Eastern is an hour ahead. So the game would be unlocking at 11:00 for me? 

Or does it unlock 12:00 Pacific time? 

I pre-ordered my digital copy today, and it is downloading as I type.

The only bummer is that they will probably do that crap where you are unable to access the game until midnight on the west coast. Fingers crossed that doesnt happen.

Alright I might try to go Digital I need to get this straight.

So it unlocks at 12:00 Eastern time?

Like I live in Central time zone and Eastern is an hour ahead. So the game would be unlocking at 11:00 for me?

Or does it unlock 12:00 Pacific time?

Pretty sure it would unlock at 11 for you

99% sure

My shadow of Mordor didnt unlock until 3:00am - and I am on East Coast.  It will probably end up being the same thing for MCC

See this is what I have heard happened to Destiny which makes me not want to go Digital. 

My shadow of Mordor didnt unlock until 3:00am - and I am on East Coast.  It will probably end up being the same thing for MCC

Halo: MCC unlocks at 12:01AM EST time.

It is entirely up to the developer if they want their game pre-loaded and what time it releases.

so if i just get a physical copy how long am i gonna have to wait for this ish to download before i can play?

so if i just get a physical copy how long am i gonna have to wait for this ish to download before i can play?

Depends entirely on your download speed and how many people are downloading it.

Depends entirely on your download speed and how many people are downloading it.

90+ up/90+ down im pretty sure

This is taking so long to download, it's been going for 7 hrs and I'm not even at 50%

What's your d/l speed?

Well you could make an extra account to play on with your friends since they will all have gold.

That's the plan bro. Game changer

90+ up/90+ down im pretty sure

Should download fairly quick then. All depends how many people are downloading it when you start.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I pre-ordered my digital copy today, and it is downloading as I type.

The only bummer is that they will probably do that crap where you are unable to access the game until midnight on the west coast. Fingers crossed that doesnt happen.

It unlocks 12:01AM EST for America.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never got an official answer...

It says 12:01 EST for digital release....

So if I live on the West Coast, can I play at 9:01 PST?

That's what it seems like but seems really odd that West Coasters could play the game a full 3 hours earlier than street release date.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you could play it on another console but you'd still have to dl it which, depending on the connection, could take up to two hours. Nah that's crap not for me.

I'm pretty sure that even if you bought the physical copy you still have to download it onto the hard drive. Granted its downloading from the disc but you'll still have the extra 20 gigs after that. 

Never got an official answer...

It says 12:01 EST for digital release....

So if I live on the West Coast, can I play at 9:01 PST?

That's what it seems like but seems really odd that West Coasters could play the game a full 3 hours earlier than street release date.

It's not 3 hours earlier... release is 11/[email protected] 12:01 AM Est

zXMSVDL.png

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/17/halo-master-chief-collection-now-available-digital-preorder-xbox-one/

12:00 EST is like 9:00 on the Westcoast.

Exactly

So if the game will be live at 11/11 12:01am EST then it means it'll be available 11/10 9:01 PM PST

It's the same exact time