CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The number of derankers I've encountered over the years is enough evidence to convince me that this will be abused pretty heavily by people that don't want to play against other people on their skill level.  But I hope you're right, because it's not going to be much fun for me if I end up frequently facing off against people with high ranks that are playing at lower levels with new accounts.

I'm just going to go into team playlist when I have a full party, I'm never going to go into 4v4 with 2 or doubles by myself.  I've learned my lesson over the years, bad teammates and derankers.

I'm just going to go into team playlist when I have a full party, I'm never going to go into 4v4 with 2 or doubles by myself.  I've learned my lesson over the years, bad teammates and derankers.

I always play solo.  I can't subject anyone to the torture of having to play with me (I suck, lol).  It's all good though, I'll enjoy myself regardless.  It may just be slightly less enjoyable if a lot of people take advantage of this.

Just went digital for the first time, I was a hater of going digital and always preached physical but i'm not going to sell this game anytime soon and all my friends will have it so might as well go digital. I also got it for free because of Bing!!

Pray tell... How does bing make it free ?

I have in lightened a few people about the digital download vs the midnight release options / I feel like this was made by 343 to be a no brainer.

2014 everyone is going digital

#Halo #HYPE

I can't wait to Play this Game

Damn, I just thought about how awesome it would be if 343 did like a "343 vs the world" event for MCC on release night live on stream where if you beat Neighbor,Dersky, Ghost, Bravo(or whoever) then you get Ghost's hat or something special lol.

I am looking forward to all the #50grind #Haloallday streams regardless  :) I will finally get a legit chance to capture the elusive Halo ring and reach the pinnacle of online Halo gaming :walshy:

Wonder how death animations will be like in H3, they were different if you had host, so with dedicated servers, was wondering how they would be. Dont want to lose that backflip :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I'm the only one on this forum still going with a hard copy lol...

I want the hard copy just too put next to my other games. But at same time I want too play as soon as I can so I think I will go with both :3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, appears to be true...

I can see this totally screwing up matchmaking.  :(

Yeah theres that but I'm more concerned about the fact that I get to play with all the people I know who suck. Playing ranked with them on my main has never been fun, I've been ranked too high, they're not good enough, I'm not gonna tell them that, so we play and we just lose over and over. Its not fun for anybody.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah theres that but I'm more concerned about the fact that I get to play with all the people I know who suck. Playing ranked with them on my main has never been fun, I've been ranked too high, they're not good enough, I'm not gonna tell them that, so we play and we just lose over and over. Its not fun for anybody.

This this this.  I'm really happy that I'll be able to play split screen with friends online without any negative consequences.

People making new accounts is a bummer, but we've always had similar problems, and now we don't have to worry about having guests on our teams losing games for us when they should be in lower ranked games, yanno?

Wait what? As in I pay for live on my main and now any account thats on the box will have Gold for the same duration as my main? When did this become a thing? Or am I kinda drunk and confused?

Yup!

Its been a thing since the Xbox One came out. 

Why the hell would you ever buy anything digital. A hardcopy I can easily carry around and take to a friend's place to use there. How would that work with a digital one? Is a digital version available then on that one XBOX or on the ACCOUNT?

Either way it would be a limitation compared to a hardcopy which you can put into any Xbox and use right away. Because if the digital copy is in fact available on the account, you would first have to: download said account on the other xbox (at a friend's place for instance) and THEN download the rest.

Granted, I don't know exactly how the digital version works with respect to playing the game on a different xbox (and whether you could do that at all). But it's obvious it's much simpler and easier to have the normal version.

Why the hell would you ever buy anything digital. A hardcopy I can easily carry around and take to a friend's place to use there. How would that work with a digital one? Is a digital version available then on that one XBOX or on the ACCOUNT?

Either way it would be a limitation compared to a hardcopy which you can put into any Xbox and use right away. Because if the digital copy is in fact available on the account, you would first have to: download said account on the other xbox (at a friend's place for instance) and THEN download the rest.

Granted, I don't know exactly how the digital version works with respect to playing the game on a different xbox (and whether you could do that at all). But it's obvious it's much simpler and easier to have the normal version.

Digital purchases allow anyone on the console to use it, and if on another console, the account it was bought on can use it.

If you bring MCC to a friend's house you still have to download the multiplayer separately form the game disc so...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Digital purchases allow anyone on the console to use it, and if on another console, the account it was bought on can use it.

So you could play it on another console but you'd still have to dl it which, depending on the connection, could take up to two hours. Nah that's crap not for me.

This is the experience I've always had playing with real life friends.

They want to go in and play ranked under your main account where you yourself have to focus and struggle to do well, they aren't nearly as good as they imagine they are, unfun times ensue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you bring MCC to a friend's house you still have to download the multiplayer separately form the game disc so...

So you'd have to download both the game and the multiplayer to your account/the other console?

So you could play it on another console but you'd still have to dl it which, depending on the connection, could take up to two hours. Nah that's crap not for me.

You could put it on an external hard drive and just plug it in. 

I'm going digital because there is probably a slim chance I'll be going to someone elses house to play it like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's never a problem for me. Not because I know tons of good players(I don't), but because I'm too much of a sociopath to take their feelings into account. So I just tell them they suck and we can't play ranked. :frank: