CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What does it matter if its digital or physical for LANs?

Ya know what that's a good question

I was under the impression I would need a physical for LANs, at least the lan I'm going to shortly after release requires us to bring physicals

New sounds will have absolutely no affect on how the game plays and feels to me. The things that stick out to you while you're playing H1 and create those wonderful long lasting memories have nothing to do with the sounds. It's the clutch triple kill rocket on the warthog carrying the final cap of the game. It's the insane sniper headshot to take back control. It's the 1v2 situation where you shoot your pistol perfectly and feel like a god winning that battle. 

If anything something like new sounds are perhaps the only thing I can count as something I'm okay with changing in a remake of H1 multiplayer. This is coming from someone who doesnt think the 180 glitch is a big enough problem to call for changing in a H1 remake. 

To me it's:

- guessing damnation 2v2 spawn right from the start of the game for 2 easy kills.

- guessing what the other team is going to do just prior to weapon/power up spawn and countering it

- forcing the other team to make a mistake and not blocking a force top spawn in priz to take top back on priz and proceeding to have 20 spawn traps in a row when you just got spawn trapped 20 times in a row 

- sniping OS guy in dammy when he grabs OS and nades rocks and camo down, doing all the hard work.... and then killing him again because partner didn't use a random.  

And yes, I want to do all these things hearing the original halo CE sound just like I used to. Can't wait for the bk's to have their vol turned up and hearing them port over my headset and then hearing cries of  "But Dad!  He keeps sniping me everytime I go through the portal!  How does he do it?!  How does he know?!?"

Bottom line is that unless someone like Patch, Ogre, CT or Harris told 343i to fuck with something in the original CE, then it shouldn't be fucked with in MCC.  Just because a 2v2 CE playlist on launch wasn't the original plan, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be on there.  

The last thing we need is a bunch of 4v4 TS with radar and kids complaining that were blowing snipes and rockets to ourselves from all over the map.  Yes it might be fun for 2 seconds going 30-0 each game, but it's going to get old quick.  Sure we can play customs, but some of the fun is playing with people you never met and teaching them how to be good.  

We need 2v2 CE no radar generic start playlist and we need to be able to communicate in game and in lobby on the head set.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You get 3 free 1 months with an XB1, right?

Not that I know of. But if one account has gold, every account on the console does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd enjoy it if there were an "ilovebees" skull...

Also isn't 2004 like one of the best years in gaming ever, not just for Halo 2, but for every loved series under the sun?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd enjoy it if there were an "ilovebees" skull...

Also isn't 2004 like one of the best years in gaming ever, not just for Halo 2, but for every loved series under the sun?

Yes, Unreal 2004, HL2, WoW, RS3, Doom 3, Far Cry, Ninja Gaiden, ect... alot of my favorite games came out in 2004 or in that era. One of the GOAT years for gaming for sure, MP online gaming seemed to explode in popularity during that time both on PC and console.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not that I know of. But if one account has gold, every account on the console does.

How did I not know this lol. That's awesome

Yes, Unreal 2004, HL2, WoW, RS3, Doom 3, Far Cry, Ninja Gaiden, ect... alot of my favorite games came out in 2004 or in that era. One of the GOAT years for gaming for sure, MP online gaming seemed to explode in popularity during that time both on PC and console.

2007 was also a GOAT year, Halo 3, CoD 4... ALL THE VIDEYA GAEMS

Edit: GoW was 06' release :( still a beast game though

• Upvote (+1) 2

2007 was also a GOAT year, Gears of War, Halo 3, CoD 4... ALL THE VIDEYA GAEMS

Yea depending on your opinion of course lol(and wasn't GoW 2006?). Some people think 98' was the best year because of Starcraft, Ocarina of Time, Half-life,Rainbow Six, ect.. but I was too young and poor to remember it. I think I was still playing Pokemon during that time  :P

Yea depending on your opinion of course lol(and wasn't GoW 2006?). Some people think 98' was the best year because of Starcraft, Ocarina of Time, Half-life,Rainbow Six, ect.. but I was too young and poor to remember it. I think I was still playing Pokemon during that time  :P

I was one years old at the time... but that is also is a GOAT year because we all love a bit of Gordon Freeman

Edit: Who the hell is Gordan

Starcraft was 98'?? Ugh I feel old.

Guys, are you even aware of who you're asking these questions? Lol.

It's not some devs... it's an IGN reporter. Think of some questions that you can actually test out yourself when you get the game.

My question/stream suggestion: The one guy in the PC maps video didn't really look too frozen when being shot. I'd like to see his cam with full turn on the stick while he's being shot.

Also I'd like them to test out shot lead from across Hang Em High. See how far you have to lead while they are strafing left or right.

I think everything else has been covered.

I need help. For those who have completely installed the game, does it say "pre ordered" on the MCC tile???

I didn't say I didn't care.

Suggesting to fire someone because they decided to use modern sounds? That's just dumb.

I was obviously being dramatic but still, the fact that sound changes are even an issue to begin with suggests poor-decision making by multiple people within 343. Why would someone even suggest it? This is supposed to be for the fans, not the developers. No Halo fan I know of ever felt like the weapon sounds needed changed. That was never a striking contention of anyone I've ever come across in my 12+ years of Halo foruming. Suddenly some random sound guy thinks he can make the sniper sound cooler and now people like me have to just put up with these inane changes? I'm going to, but it's just fucking stupid to begin with and I don't see a way around that. I'm not buying MCC for soundguy2393493's take on Halo, I'm buying it for Bungie's, who got it right the first fucking time around with CE. This is definitely a trivial issue but it being an issue at all makes me question the decisions behind closed doors at 343 at all levels given the fact that I've invested so much of my own time and money into Halo and they hold the keys to its future. I just wonder wtf is going on in that studio whenever I see things like this pop out. It's mind-boggling.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1