CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Am I the only one waiting to pre-order the digital copy to make sure there's no surprises or kinks with the pre-download? lol

Like? :P

Believe it or not, none of the shooting that day had to do with this documentary. However, when that conspiracy / prediction thread started blowing up, production for the documentary was already under way, so we couldn't comment one way or the other.

It's actually even more impressive - Cyren predicted the H2A documentary without actually seeing anything related to the H2A documentary. :blink:

How on earth...

Believe it or not, none of the shooting that day had to do with this documentary. However, when that conspiracy / prediction thread started blowing up, production for the documentary was already under way, so we couldn't comment one way or the other.

It's actually even more impressive - Cyren predicted the H2A documentary without actually seeing anything related to the H2A documentary. :blink:

LOL. Cyren the ORACLE OF OUR TIME. 

:moa:  :moa:  :moa:  :moa:  :goat:  :beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 8

LOL. Cyren the ORACLE OF OUR TIME. 

:moa:  :moa:  :moa:  :moa:  :goat:  :beyond:

Bravo is the Brute, Ray is the Monitor (Oracle)

AchingTerrificCoyote.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

In order to also prepare for TMCC, I bought me a new gaming headset! I got the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset! 

Tried to find the best headset for the best price, read and watched all the reviews, and I ended getting the HyperX for only $69.99 on Amazon! I can finally get rid of these cheap ass turtle beaches. Now I need me that XB1 headset adapter. Looks like I have to give MS more of my money. :/

In order to also prepare for TMCC, I bought me a new gaming headset! I got the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset!

Tried to find the best headset for the best price, read and watched all the reviews, and I ended getting the HyperX for only $69.99 on Amazon! I can finally get rid of these cheap ass turtle beaches. Now I need me that XB1 headset adapter. Looks like I have to give MS more of my money. :/

I'm dropping the $230 on the Turtle Beach full wireless when they come out. So sick of the chat cable getting twisted and pulling my controller off the desk when I turn around to hit the bong.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

They've said all four games will support stats but we don't know to what extent.

Shit just got real.  

I am no tech expert, but how do they prevent people from hacking and playing the game with these pre downloads?

The Xbox One hasn't even been modded yet, the most anyone has done is a simple NAND dump. However, they haven't been able to do anything with it yet. They don't expect any methods to be known until sometime late next year.

The 360 also took about two years to be modded if that means anything.

Hey @@Moa you are from the UK as well yeah? We should like totally play MCC on the 11th and be like BROS

Ayeeee. Add me on XBL. GT: The Little Moa. I'll be down for anything, especially Spartan Ops in December.  :moa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hate to pull a no true scotsman out of my bag but honestly the Halo CE sounds were perfect and preserving that should be more important than adding new sounds because you feel like it. If you don't care about the Halo CE sounds staying the same then I can't honestly consider you to be a true halo fan. If any game needs to go absolutely untouched it's Halo 1. Nobody asked for new sounds and nobody was asked by 343 if they thought their sounds sounded better than the originals, they were just thrown in because, "fuck it, lets do it." The ease with which the fuck with shit annoys me beyond belief. Maybe you don't care and that's fine, mod your xbox and put your own sound effects in, why should I be forced to listen to things I didn't ask to be changed in the first place? All these things will do is pull me out of nostalgic moments because they'll be different for no good reasons whatsoever, when the entire point of this package is nostalgia.

For the most part I agree with you. However, I don't believe that because someone doesn't have a problem with them changing the sounds that they shouldn't be considered "a true Halo fan." That doesn't stop us from completely disagreeing with that opinion however.

Having said that, I agree 100% that changing the H:CE sounds is/was completely unnecessary. 343I didn't see it fit to change the sounds in H2 classic, so why change H:CE's sounds? As you stated, the apparent sound change is completely in-congruent with the whole purpose behind the MCC; providing Halo players with a nostalgic experience. I hope that we will have the option to toggle off the new sounds along with the new medals.

Is there, or is there not, visible ranks in the lobby before and after the match?

To my knowledge this has still yet to be confirmed one way or the other.

Is there, or is there not, visible ranks in the lobby before and after the match?

Remember the first and only picture we've seen of ranks? It was in-game, on a player details option which can be chosen in a lobby before and after. 

Whether we can see the rank for the current playlist - unknown.

lets make the controller incompatible with all headsets so people have to buy a 25 dollar adapter just to talk through their mic instead of making a 2.5mm jack in the first place

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate to pull a no true scotsman out of my bag but honestly the Halo CE sounds were perfect and preserving that should be more important than adding new sounds because you feel like it. If you don't care about the Halo CE sounds staying the same then I can't honestly consider you to be a true halo fan. If any game needs to go absolutely untouched it's Halo 1. Nobody asked for new sounds and nobody was asked by 343 if they thought their sounds sounded better than the originals, they were just thrown in because, "fuck it, lets do it." The ease with which the fuck with shit annoys me beyond belief. Maybe you don't care and that's fine, mod your xbox and put your own sound effects in, why should I be forced to listen to things I didn't ask to be changed in the first place? All these things will do is pull me out of nostalgic moments because they'll be different for no good reasons whatsoever, when the entire point of this package is nostalgia.

I didn't say I didn't care.

Suggesting to fire someone because they decided to use modern sounds? That's just dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New sounds will have absolutely no affect on how the game plays and feels to me. The things that stick out to you while you're playing H1 and create those wonderful long lasting memories have nothing to do with the sounds. It's the clutch triple kill rocket on the warthog carrying the final cap of the game. It's the insane sniper headshot to take back control. It's the 1v2 situation where you shoot your pistol perfectly and feel like a god winning that battle. 

If anything something like new sounds are perhaps the only thing I can count as something I'm okay with changing in a remake of H1 multiplayer. This is coming from someone who doesnt think the 180 glitch is a big enough problem to call for changing in a H1 remake. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ayeeee. Add me on XBL. GT: The Little Moa. I'll be down for anything, especially Spartan Ops in December.  :moa:

Added. My GT is Batchyy so when you check your activity alerts that is me  :halo:

I'm buying digital and preloading for launch

And then I'm buying a copy to bring to LANs and etc

What does it matter if its digital or physical for LANs?