CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

LAN is there but you need an Xbox LIVE connection for it to work.

If that is the case how do you know if it is really LAN? Like have they shown or mentioned LAN/system link specifically?  Maybe you still have to go online and create a custom game etc.

I just looked on the pre load and I shall quote

"WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM GMT ON THE RELEASE DATE"

It is per region. It should unlock 12:01AM EST for America, obviously 12:01AM GMT for UK and for somewhere like Australia, it should be 12:01AM (whatever Australia's time zone is).

If that is the case how do you know if it is really LAN? Like have they shown or mentioned LAN/system link specifically?  Maybe you still have to go online and create a custom game etc.

Give our article a read about it: http://teambeyond.net/master-chief-collection-will-support-lan/

The Xbox LIVE connection is an Xbox One thing but the game itself will play on LAN just like the Xbox and Xbox 360.

:weback: :sarge: :moa: :nugget: :halo: :beyond: :goat:

This is getting out of hand and i love it.

Can we have a Heart one Please   <3

Just went digital for the first time, I was a hater of going digital and always preached physical but i'm not going to sell this game anytime soon and all my friends will have it so might as well go digital.  I also got it for free because of Bing!!

I am no tech expert, but how do they prevent people from hacking and playing the game with these pre downloads?

Well I assume there's some back end stuff but if I'm not mistaken, you need to be online at the point of unlock and there's no way to change your Xbox time offline (or online). 

Your pre-order is tied to the region you purchased it in, so it will always unlock 12:01AM EST on November 11th regardless of your region.

I am no tech expert, but how do they prevent people from hacking and playing the game with these pre downloads?

The smart hax0rs will find a way around it I'm sure but thankfully it will be easy for 343i/Microsoft/Xbox to monitor who is active on the servers before launch.

Seems to me modding/hacking on the xbox one will be dealt with a lot harsher than it was on the xbox360 since you now tie real currency into XBL.

:salt:

:nugget:  

Would you like fries with that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I just now preordered Halo MCC on my console--isn't the patch and Halo Nightfall suppose to be queued up? (I have automatic updates turned on)

halo.jpg

I'll be online as much as I can, which probably won't be as often as I'd like... Crazy work/school schedule.

GT: iDrummerAVA

So I just now preordered Halo MCC on my console--isn't the patch and Halo Nightfall suppose to be queued up? (I have automatic updates turned on)

halo.jpg

The patch isn't out, but it wouldn't show there anyways IIRC.

As for Nightfall, mine vanished randomly too. A hard reset fixes it.

Did you choose the pre-purchase bundle?

The patch isn't out, but it wouldn't show there anyways IIRC.

As for Nightfall, mine vanished randomly too. A hard reset fixes it.

Did you choose the pre-purchase bundle?

So the patch will be queued up automatically when its released?

No I think I accidentally did just the normal Halo MCC preorder for $60.

So the patch will be queued up automatically when its released?

No I think I accidentally did just the normal Halo MCC preorder for $60.

Yup, patch should auto download as soon as its released. 

Aww for the second part. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have they said if they will have game logs online which records stats for every game like past Halo's.

Any info on the Halo Channel yet (its release date for example) and how it will interact with Twitch?

Have they said if they will have game logs online which records stats for every game like past Halo's.

They've said all four games will support stats but we don't know to what extent.

Any info on the Halo Channel yet (its release date for example) and how it will interact with Twitch?

November 11th and nope.

Am I the only one waiting to pre-order the digital copy to make sure there's no surprises or kinks with the pre-download? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just bought an Xbox one from the back of a truck for 200 dollars. :kappa:

Would not be surprised if it explodes 5 seconds after being turned on

oh no, they used modern sounds

fire them

I hate to pull a no true scotsman out of my bag but honestly the Halo CE sounds were perfect and preserving that should be more important than adding new sounds because you feel like it. If you don't care about the Halo CE sounds staying the same then I can't honestly consider you to be a true halo fan. If any game needs to go absolutely untouched it's Halo 1. Nobody asked for new sounds and nobody was asked by 343 if they thought their sounds sounded better than the originals, they were just thrown in because, "fuck it, lets do it." The ease with which the fuck with shit annoys me beyond belief. Maybe you don't care and that's fine, mod your xbox and put your own sound effects in, why should I be forced to listen to things I didn't ask to be changed in the first place? All these things will do is pull me out of nostalgic moments because they'll be different for no good reasons whatsoever, when the entire point of this package is nostalgia.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one waiting to pre-order the digital copy to make sure there's no surprises or kinks with the pre-download? lol

That is basically what I am doing. I am still debating canceling my pre-order from gamestop, but I am about 95% sure I am going to go the pre-order/pre-load route for MCC. The main reason I still haven't pulled the trigger on the digital pre-order, is that I want to make sure everything is working with the digital copy. As an added bonus, by waiting a few more days, all the people who are pre-loading can finish up their downloads.