CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I can't believe it, the download just finished! 7 hours worth of downloading, now complete!

Sweet baby Jesus, let me play this game now!

Mines been going for 8hrs and I'm at 45% lol im glad preloading is an option for the 20gb update

Has anyone else's download percentage randomy fluctuated?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Mines been going for 8hrs and I'm at 45% lol im glad preloading is an option for the 20gb update

Are you in standby mode?

Are you in standby mode?

Nah, I'm Australian ;)

How does one pre-load?

Go to the xbox games store on the xbox one and you can preorder it through there.  The option to download it now is there as well.  When they release the 20GB day 1 patch you'll be able to pre-load it before the release date and so you'll be able to play multiplayer instantly rather than wait a few hours for the 20GBs to download and install.

So with the Physical Pre-Order can you Pre-load?

With the game itself being 45gb and the update being 20gb I feel like that is going to take FOREVER on release night.

And they fit all that on a single dvd?

So here is my math. 45GB ÷ 15mbps × 10bpB = 8 hours ++ of download. With my 15mbps downstream. If I got 100mbps I could download in under 90 minutes.

If I took my xb to my work place I could probably download in less than 15 mins.

Yeah probably $100 +/- 5.  I'm not sure exactly.  At a fair exchange rate it would cost $88USD so I'd say it'd be quite close to $100 because you likely won't get the actual current exchange rate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So here is my math. 45GB ÷ 15mbps × 10bpB = 8 hours ++ of download. With my 15mbps downstream. If I got 100mbps I could download in under 90 minutes.

If I took my xb to my work place I could probably download in less than 15 mins.

In theory yes. Although I don't think the XBL servers will let you dl with >100 mbps. At least not in my area. I have 75mbps down and haven't gottten close to that with XBL download speeds. Although the steam servers will.

I think so, it happened to me.  Bought MCC in US to save some money for 59.99USD, was expecting about 68AUD but it cost me 75 so I'd say there would be an extra 5-10% fee.  Saved a bit still because it was 100AUD in the store here.  Just be prepared for it to be over 100USD if you go to NZ, as I'm not exactly sure how much it will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will I be able to play MCC 20 hours early If I download it on Kiwi time???

Maybe but im not sure it says it will be available at 12 eastern time zone (IE 9 o'clock for ME)

Again im not that sure just giving some input.

If one is planing on buying a physical copy can I still start downloading the 20gig update? I'd just start tonight. 

If one is planing on buying a physical copy can I still start downloading the 20gig update? I'd just start tonight. 

Im not 100% sure but i dont think so you have to wait till you put the disk in to start the download.

Not going to be fun

Im not 100% sure but i dont think so you have to wait till you put the disk in to start the download.

Not going to be fun

Just checked; didn't see anything.  :mellow:

This will be lame with 4 people in one house downloading a 20gig update all at once.