CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I feel Halo 2 is incomplete without "spongeeyeball1291" and 3 guests. There will be plenty of social playlists I'd say. I'd say the specific playlists (the Halo 1-4 TS playlists) would be ranked, plus the eSports/Hardcore playlists. The rest would be social from what I'd assume.

The day 1 Playlists have been shown and it says only 1 social Playlist.

I think it was Quinn that recently stated he believes ALL playlists should be ranked.  So while I personally agree that social playlists (playlists without visible ranks, and which allow guests) are a vital part of the matchmaking experience in Halo, that doesn't mean that they're guaranteed by any means.

I did exactly that. Canceled my pre-order at Gamestop and purchased it digitally instead. It's all on you and your preferences really. Maybe you want a physical copy of the game so you can add to your collection of Halo titles. Maybe for some reason you want to trade it in or sell it (I don't know why would you but hey, shit happens) then you have the option to do so. Or you might want to lend it or bring it over to a friend's house. You have that option.

You're a little bit more restricted with digital. Quite honestly though, I would never see myself trading in this game (I hardly trade in my games anyway. I don't know why, but I still have my Halo 4 for Christ's sake lol). And with pre-loading, the game will be ready for you to play with as soon as it's launched. No waiting, no lines, no hassle.

If you're someone who is really patient and won't mind waiting for it to install the game + updates, then go ahead and keep your pre-order at Gamestop. If you want to jump right into the action day 1, then go digital. Feel free to come on over to the dark side anytime, the water is just fine. :)

The Bandana Skull preorder bonus from GameStop (I'll need it for going for LASO) is the only thing keeping me from getting digital. Really don't wanna have to wait if I get the hard copy, but I also wouldn't wanna buy the game twice. (digital & hard copy)

Gonna be live streaming it so time is everything and I don't wanna wait 2 days for everything to download to stream multiplayer.

I'm in a pickle. :(

The Bandana Skull preorder bonus from GameStop (I'll need it for going for LASO) is the only thing keeping me from getting digital. Really don't wanna have to wait if I get the hard copy, but I also wouldn't wanna buy the game twice. (digital & hard copy)

Gonna be live streaming it so time is everything and I don't wanna wait 2 days for everything to download to stream multiplayer.

All the skulls are going to be unlocked for everyone in December. These pre-order exclusives are temporary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the skulls are going to be unlocked for everyone in December. These pre-order exclusives are temporary.

Is there a link you could post so that I could see? That is the only reason why I picked GameStop.

Bloodline looks like total shit. Not that I really care though, if I can get on a good customs list for CTF on the Halo PC maps + Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, that's all the BTB I'll ever need.

The Bandana Skull preorder bonus from GameStop (I'll need it for going for LASO) is the only thing keeping me from getting digital. Really don't wanna have to wait if I get the hard copy, but I also wouldn't wanna buy the game twice. (digital & hard copy)

If what I put in bold in your post is 100% true for you, then go with digital and don't look back.

I saw that but I still doubt BTB will be ranked.

BTB will be ranked. Everything that doesn't have social in it, will be ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally bought my Xbox One. Counting down the days until November 11th. We back. #eSports.

:Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 7

BTB will be ranked. Everything that doesn't have social in it, will be ranked.

Yeah that's what I understand from the list of Playlists shown so far.

Comparisons of all the maps colors. Yeah Bloodlines is brown and green (slightly less green than the other two, but this isn't the best picture either), so are BG, and Coag. Hemorrhage is green and gray. I always see people say the new maps are dull and have no color, when the same can be said about the maps from every fricken Halo game. Do people even go back and look?

Blood_gulch.jpg

Coagulationwhole.jpgHalo-2-Anniversary-Coag-2.png

Hemmorage_Season_9.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

My birthday is today, GF and my parents bought me a Xbox One. I am now ready.

Happy birthday bro! Hope you had a good one!

I'm assuming you did since you got an Xbox One! :D

Comparisons of all the maps colors. Yeah Bloodlines is brown and green (slightly less green than the other two, but this isn't the best picture either), so are BG, and Coag. Hemorrhage is green and gray. I always see people say the new maps are dull and have no color, when the same can be said about the maps from every fricken Halo game. Do people even go back and look?

Its still noticeably harder to see players on these newer maps and you cant tell that just from looking at some images. The older maps don't blur things together so you feel like your in COD land.

So are most of you going to buy the game on the xbox marketplace (and not get the physical disc)?

Is there a link you could post so that I could see? That is the only reason why I picked GameStop.

In Austria the didital pre-order gives me the skull as well. It'll give you a seperate 10MB download for it once you buy MCC. Maybe different for other countries...

Search for "Halo" on the Xbox One's store and there should be the digital pre-order MCC with the skull.

My birthday is today, GF and my parents bought me a Xbox One. I am now ready.

I hope your GF also gave you another box.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

This blood gultch remake will again prove as it did in Reach BTB that democracy sucks really badly. It will literally be the only thing chosen in BTB and the fact that there are going to be 3 versions of it in 1 playlist means it is going to become unbearable fast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think waterworks would've been a better choice. I'd be really surprised if they don't remake more H2 maps.

Anyone else expecting a guardian remake in H5?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe it, the download just finished! 7 hours worth of downloading, now complete!

Sweet baby Jesus, let me play this game now!