CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

OK cool. Well I guess I won't wait in line with all those churen for a physical copy.

Welcome to the future.

This is my first digital purchase on the XB1. Feels good to be on the dark side. ^.^

Welcome to the future indeed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ended up going with the digital pre order. Sucks I wont get a case but I know I wont get rid of it. I mean I still have all these

1184x1600png0a583d12df164e3b8f419ab61e91

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extremely ugly. Waste of a good BTB map.

Going to have to respectfully disagree - I think it looks stunning.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It does. I've started a download before, put my Xbox on standby, come back hours later and it would be at 40% and after 10 min of my Xbox being on, it would be finished.

Is it perhaps a glitch where it actually does download, but doesn't say it when you initially turn the Xbox on?

Thanks for all the replies guys, going to be digitally purchasing and pre-loading the game! See you all on 11/11 !

Compiled a list of the most common questions/easiest to answer (some got way too technical). I tweeted Ryan, he favorited it. I'll also tweet him during the liveshow, hope he answers them.

Thanks for the submissions.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is my first digital purchase on the XB1. Feels good to be on the dark side. ^.^

Welcome to the future indeed.

Instead of waiting in line I can go to the bar and have a few. Then when I go home guess what's waiting already freaking downloaded? Yeah, death to midnight release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Instead of waiting in line I can go to the bar and have a few. Then when I go home guess what's waiting already freaking downloaded? Yeah, death to midnight release.

My friends and I are going to hang, drink, and seperate to our own Xbox's and be ready to play at 12:01 Eastern. Fuck lines to give Gamestop money. 343 and Microsoft made this game. They're the ones that deserve every penny.

Only because I swear I heard some non-CE sounds in gameplay videos:

Will Halo CE multiplayer have the original xbox sound effects? If not, why did your company feel like they should be different this time around, who's idea was it, and why aren't they fired?

Altering Halo 1 for arbitrary reasons should be illegal:

WY3lX.gif

Accidently + repped. I'm neutral.

Going to have to respectfully disagree - I think it looks stunning.

Same. I think the changes to the map are great. I love how they incorporated ideas from all versions of the map. And I believe the additional cover in the middle is going to play out great. Not too sure on the EMP blasts though. I guess they'll be fine as long as the cooldown the long. 

That announcer though.

"King of the Hill! Stay in the designated area to earn points! Earn more points than the opposing team to win!"

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same. I think the changes to the map are great. I love how they incorporated ideas from all versions of the map. And I believe the additional cover in the middle is going to play out great. Not too sure on the EMP blasts though. I guess they'll be fine as long as the cooldown the long

1x every 2 minutes I think would be fine.

We have the option to use old medals, I hope we also have the option to use the old announcer voice.

Can I play the game at 9:01 PST?

That's what I'm wondering. Just started the download and noticed it says 12:01 EST and I'm in WA. Really hoping so since I just started a new job and can't take the next day off.

So should I cancel my preorder at GameStop and just buy Halo MCC digitally/get everything preloaded? I want to play the game as soon as possible after launch.

(I have 20mbps download so it would take me around 11hours to download the patch alone)

edit: Also if I digitally download Halo MCC/preload it, will the 20GB patch automatically be queued up to download/install along side of the game? 

edit: Also if I digitally download Halo MCC/preload it, will the 20GB patch automatically be queued up to download/install along side of the game? 

I think If you have automatic updates switched on the 20GB patch will be queued once it's released.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing about remakes is that you're actually knowing what you're getting into. Not to mention you are getting a free beta for Halo 5 so you can also base your experience with that beta and determine whether or not it is worth actually pre ordering. Why would you not pre order?

Because idea of a pre-order in itself is flawed. It used to be that you had to preorder to ensure that you could play your game on day one, and not face the disappointment of it being sold out. Now days though, there is no way any game will sell out.

Second, yes, they are remakes, but the quality of those remakes are dubious and questionable at this time. It seems as though Halo 2C is NOT the OG xbox version, and Halo CE might not be OG either.

There is a large likelihood that these remakes will be fucked up in some way(s). That being said, there is a large likelihood that they'll play very similar to the originals. 

Bottom line is Halo as a whole in my book does not deserve to be preordered anymore, because every single game they come out with is worse than the last. I don't have faith that 343 can deliver this title in its proper glory, because I have been given no reasons to believe otherwise...

...except for the general attitude they've been showing about competitive gametypes and e-sports, which is a step in the right direction.

I just need to see how it plays out before I spend hundreds of dollars to relive my childhood. (I don't have an xbone)

So should I cancel my preorder at GameStop and just buy Halo MCC digitally/get everything preloaded? I want to play the game as soon as possible after launch.

(I have 20mbps download so it would take me around 11hours to download the patch alone)

I did exactly that. Canceled my pre-order at Gamestop and purchased it digitally instead. It's all on you and your preferences really. Maybe you want a physical copy of the game so you can add to your collection of Halo titles. Maybe for some reason you want to trade it in or sell it (I don't know why would you but hey, shit happens) then you have the option to do so. Or you might want to lend it or bring it over to a friend's house. You have that option.

You're a little bit more restricted with digital. Quite honestly though, I would never see myself trading in this game (I hardly trade in my games anyway. I don't know why, but I still have my Halo 4 for Christ's sake lol). And with pre-loading, the game will be ready for you to play with as soon as it's launched. No waiting, no lines, no hassle.

If you're someone who is really patient and won't mind waiting for it to install the game + updates, then go ahead and keep your pre-order at Gamestop. If you want to jump right into the action day 1, then go digital. Feel free to come on over to the dark side anytime, the water is just fine. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So assuming all bit 1 Playlists are Ranked does that mean that guest's will ONLY be allowed in the 1 social 5v5 Playlist /

I feel Halo 2 is incomplete without "spongeeyeball1291" and 3 guests. There will be plenty of social playlists I'd say. I'd say the specific playlists (the Halo 1-4 TS playlists) would be ranked, plus the eSports/Hardcore playlists. The rest would be social from what I'd assume.

The day 1 Playlists have been shown and it says only 1 social Playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1