CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Tried to contain hype as long as I could, then I caved and watched 1080p/60fps videos of CE and H2C.

fuck

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is the hit percentage stat in for H2C still? I am guessing not...  :(

Haha this is actually something really small that I hope they include as well. That stat was really cool.

Been saying this, it needs to come back. Loved that stat man

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo man, thanks for being so gracious to the H2 guys. I really, really hope for CE's sake that what we saw yesterday wasn't an accurate representation of what was in the game. I can't wait to discover Halo CE multiplayer for the first time come MCC!

it's all love from me man...don't mistake me being upset about the h1 news from yesterday for not caring about the rest of the collection or the guys who are fans of other games...

I hope that is def not a final representation of the game as well and you will fall in love with the greatness of h1...

gt - akademik da kid

add me and we can play when the game comes out...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I tend to sympathize with the developer in the case of Combat Evolved since, and sorry if I'm being captain obvious, 343 perhaps tested all publicly released stable builds back in the day of LAN/PC and not just one build as a generalized pallet for the release build.

I never developed a game before.... Shutup...

Eh, I disagree. The only way I'm going to get that achievement is by spending £105 on three new controllers which I'll never use.

A lot of people care about their gamerscore and 100% completion on their games - I'm included in that, especially for Halo.

russell-westbrook-wat-to-reporter-o.gif

what gun in halo 2 doesn't aim for you?

All of them except the Plasma Pistol.

Bros... I'm watching the H2A/H2C 60fps/1080p video...  B) #WeSoBack

I love it when beautiful games are shown at their best, Halo 2's artwork was most boss.

I just need to ballsy up for the wait, I've waited a long time for a game I can muster this one out... Increasingly tense, no doubt, but still.

@@AkaDemiK I cannot stop thinking of why the fuck the Rocket Launcher has aim assist.

yeah aim assit and bullet magnetism. i dont know if the others iterations had bullet magnetism. anyway both are annoying

@@AkaDemiK I cannot stop thinking of why the fuck the Rocket Launcher has aim assist. 

I'm not gonna lie, I can't count the amount of times aim assist on the Rocket Launcher made me kill myself/miss  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

5a09e563a4b4dcf8450b8d742f35d3db.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134494226&postcount=241

No H3 til next week :/ (From NeoGAF)

It's insulting that he has to warn the Halo community to not freak out over one day of nothing. Seeing people getting mad on here and GAF when they don't wake up to competitive oriented news is annoying. It's 20 days of info, be realistic. Not everything is going to cater to us.

I dunno man. I mean when I think of an Xbox Achievement, I think "totally cool accomplishment in a video game" but when I look at that achievement? I see people rushing to their friends to borrow their controllers and then quickly run back home to play some matchmaking.

I like difficult achievements, but this is difficult in all the wrong ways.

Agreed. I have friends who are going to play this with me, but us having to gather around one Xbox in our not-so-big apartments so we can get an achievement is stupid. The achievement should be changed to playing with a party of 4 or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IGN First always sends off the last video of their coverage(s) with a bang.

Prediction: Halo 5 Beta footage on the last day

Yes it is. If you have to point at them that means it's not aiming for you.

obviously when we say aim we are talking about keeping the reticule on the opposing player...which halo 2 does by hand holding players and guiding shots towards their intended target...

it is what it is...this has been known since 2004...nothing can change this fact now...i'll be enjoying h2 for what it is...and you will too....we all win

I was thinking about this earlier...also I think we may be finding about the ranks that same week...

This-is-so-Exciting-Pineapple-Express.gi

• Upvote (+1) 3

An early footage? I would call you crazy... But we also called crazy the guy who leaked The Master Chief Collection. Anything can happen at this point.

If we have Halo 5 early footage, we could see how things are truly going with 343i.

Eh, I disagree. The only way I'm going to get that achievement is by spending £105 on three new controllers which I'll never use.

Just need a 5th controller, another xbox one, 4 more live accounts and another monitor and you can really get some serious circle boosting going.

what gun in halo 2 doesn't aim for you?

unscoped sniper

An early footage? I would call you crazy... But we also called crazy the guy who leaked The Master Chief Collection. Anything can happen at this point.

If we have Halo 5 early footage, we could see how things are truly going with 343i.

Well, the Halo 5 beta is in December. They have to start marketing it soon.

The people playing on PC on public servers are either stat padders, noncompetitive, or are the kind of people who want to play 4v4s.

Edit: I don't get why I'm being negged for telling the truth. That's just how the PC community is.

This is absolutely true. There are plenty of competitive 2v2s happening in private servers. The top PC players are familiar with the spawn and timing systems, just like the competitive Xbox players.

Saying the PC community only cares about sniper CTF is equivalent to saying the Halo 2 Xbox community only cared about SMG starts. The casual majority is just more visible on PC because of the public server browser as opposed to the Xbox's private custom games. To find good customs on PC, you still need to know good players, just like on Xbox.

the easiest gun in the game...makes no sense...

latency compensation :kappa: