CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

it is possible that what we saw and what we will get on launch day are different beasts

I feel your pain and skepticism tho but its better than what we had before or didnt in this case

just wait to play @ friends  or something and make a decision to purchase after  

There was some speculation yesterday that the H:CE gameplay that was shown was from a much earlier (and supposedly inferior) version of the game. I know Frankie posted on Neogaf that pretty much all the footage we have seen of MCC is from earlier builds, so there is some hope that the version of H:CE that comes with MCC will be different from what we saw.

Having said that, I will not be suckered into believing any of that until I see some gameplay of the release version of H:CE. If I remember correctly IGN's coverage should also include live streams of MCC towards the end of the month, so it's possible that we could see some new footage then

Failing that, I am anxiously awaiting the well connected H:CE vets (IE Chaos Theory and Thor) to post any  "insider information" that they might be able to obtain.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2C gameplay looked amazing.

Just simmer down with those stupid medals popping up. Do we really need 8 medals to appear on the screen when you get a double kill with a rocket launcher?

H2C CANT F'IN WAIT!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The lunge distance feels shorter because of the decreased FOV (the camera is moved forward a bit in front of the spartan model), therefore it seems like you need to get closer, but the lunge distance is in fact the same. Since some weapons' fire-rate like the BR/carbine are tied to the frame-rate, double-shots need to be done faster (about twice as fast). The other combos like BXR and LXX work the same at 60fps. Unless they mess with the code to make the fire-rate independent of the frame-rate, then expect the BR and carbine's fire-rate and double-shot speed to be faster.  If they do try to separate the fire-rate from the frame-rate to slow it down then it'll probably fix the double-shot glitch as a side-effect though. :/

So, in your opinion from the MCC vid is the FOV more like OG h2 or H2V (again, I never played h2v). Also does FOV really affect gameplay that much?

That real deal triple post...

I actually can't remember hearing anything about clans either... It'd be awesome, but i can't see them being back as all the games are on the same UI. I could be wrong though.

Anyone else notice how far away that H2A shotgun killed that guy on Sanctuary snipe? Sniped his ass with it. Carbine does look quite nuts... But that could be a very good thing. Each MLG map only had a couple spawn on each map, could be a good semi-power weapon to control. It was already quite good at range if you had a good shot. Really hard to scope in between those fast carbine shots.

There was some speculation yesterday that the H:CE gameplay that was shown was from a much earlier (and supposedly inferior) version of the game. I know Frankie posted on Neogaf that pretty much all the footage we have seen of MCC is from earlier builds, so there is some hope that the version of H:CE that comes with MCC will be different from what we saw.

Having said that, I will not be suckered into believing any of that until I see some gameplay of the release version of H:CE. If I remember correctly IGN's coverage should also include live streams of MCC towards the end of the month, so it's possible that we could see some new footage then

Failing that, I am anxiously awaiting the well connected H:CE vets (IE Chaos Theory and Thor) to post any  "insider information" that they might be able to obtain.

I'm really hoping that the build was pretty old and has been heavily modified since. I will still be purchasing MCC as CE MCC is still going to be way better than anything we have seen on xbox in a long time. I too am awaiting any information regarding a more final build of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know if they brought back Clans?

(sorry for all the posts)

I don't think they did. I remember reading that somewhere

That real deal triple post...

I actually can't remember hearing anything about clans either... It'd be awesome, but i can't see them being back as all the games are on the same UI. I could be wrong though.

Anyone else notice how far away that H2A shotgun killed that guy on Sanctuary snipe? Sniped his ass with it. Carbine does look quite nuts... But that could be a very good thing. Each MLG map only had a couple spawn on each map, could be a good semi-power weapon to control. It was already quite good at range if you had a good shot. Really hard to scope in between those fast carbine shots.

I noticed the shotgun being pretty strong when I played H2A. I got plenty of kills and couldn't tell if it was only so good because it was LAN or if they actually buffed it from OG H2.

Another possibility could be an increased FOV giving the impression of kills from greater distance...

I only got to use the carbine in H2A a couple times and it was harder to use with descope and the fast fire rate. Coudln't do much damage but if it's kill time is still faster it should be a fine map pickup with more potential damage with greater skill. One thing I noticed is that the reticle gets smaller when you zoom in. (Sry if this is old news I purposly deprived myself of watching footage to experience H2A first hand without bias and can't watch todays footage ATM).

• Upvote (+1) 1

My only problem with the ign exclusives are how continually shitty the players are showcasing the game. like god damn get this kid playing a working thumb amirite 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know you can remove the medals, and obviously I'll be doing that. 

Its not even like I hate them that much. But all I have to ask is, Why? Who at 343 thought it would be a good idea to put those medals on CE and 2? How does someone even come up with that concept?

No clans.

I heard that there is a  place to edit your "Clan Tag" and right under that there is a place to edit your "Service Tag" I don't know what that means. I was in a picture someone took while at PAX or Gamescon.

As you can see here.

http://teambeyond.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Master-Chief-Collection-Player-ID-Avatar-1.jpg

I loved clans and clan match, but man what I would do to make someone a peon again. Nothing like a useless clan title to really make people rage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Frankie confirmed clans are not in, IIRC.

@@Moa pls use bookmarks now.

I don't know what this is then.

Master-Chief-Collection-Player-ID-Avatar

The Old Guard within my Halo driven soul is ready for the uprising of Halo players everywhere to enjoy the MCC their own way. It's time to take our game BACK into our hands and play to our hearts content.

:Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Frankie confirmed clans are not in, IIRC.

@@Moa pls use bookmarks now.

Service Tag and Clan Tag are quite confusing... maybe Clan Tag is just digits you can see in the lobby while Service Tag is the digits you see in-game.

I'm glad you boys got the game you wanted.  I was secretly hoping you all would get a pregnant sniper reticle too so I could laff.

• Upvote (+1) 5