CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I keep seeing so many complaints about the medals on twitter and on here..

Like guys you can just toggle them off..

on-off_1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Love all the optimism today. Very excited to play all the campaigns in remastered editions, and then play the beast multiplayer for each game. I think 1080p/60fps will make the experience fresh and fun, despite being the same fundamental games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

God, the medals. I never noticed them in H4, but oh my god. Why does 343 seem to think 5 medals for one kill is a good idea?

Game still has me super excited though. Nov can't come soon enough. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Anybody know what disabling the medals does with respect to the H2C medals? Or are those forever gone... Killtac/Overkill could be seen as an issue..

You can also choose halo 2 classic medals for halo 2

I really like the Carbine now.

Before, it was a palette swapped BR, so you never had any reason to pick it up.

Now it's a legit mini power weapon, so it'll get more use.

H2 Classic. Is 4 kills an over or a killtac?

killtac.

overkill is something like a 25 kill spree.

On the real tho: H2C looks dope. Catch me turning off the medals at 12:01 AM, getting hit by the train on Terminal at 12:02 AM for The Guardians achievement, and capping it off with not voting for Halo 3 in the Team Hardcore playlist around 12:05 AM.

Only if you are buying digital sadly as install times take forever :(

Oh joy...

I am legitimately stoked, watched the video like 10 times now trying to find something worth critiquing and I can't find anything :D

Why was this same logic not applied to the H1 footage yesterday lol? 

now thats just too rational lol 

The gameplay is great but the medal system is absolutely horrendous. You have one month to fix this 343. I never thought there could be a halo game with a worse medal system than halo 4. Omg what are they thinking.

• Downvote (-1) 7

I would love it if a medal popped up in the option menu when you go to switch back to Original H2/H1 medals. It's so over the top that I'd get a laugh out of it. I would be the most passive aggressive developer ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am so glad I am not the only one who sees this. I got absolutely furious when I played Halo 1/2 on PC. There is something extremely aggravating about playing 24/7 Lockout snipers or 24/7 BloodGulch CTF snipers. Seriously how do people not get the fuck bored out of them.

It's happened in so many games, I remember the days of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat it would be Backstab or a Bridge Too Far and NEVER EVER any other game. It was unbelievably annoying. I might hate some maps but I'd rather play a variety of maps and game types than fucking 24/7 same map same shit. it's like the Battlefield 4 24/7 Operation Locker 2000 ticket servers. What the hell is wrong with PC gamers.

I saw a Halo 1 PC montage where it had a fast forwarded clip of a spree with a fuel rod cannon as if it was amazing. Strange, degenerate community.

hce.halomaps.org is cool though.

Maybe they are still practicing their sniper skills?

But this is similar to my frustration over all sniper games in halo that I have played. People rush each other with snipes and the game plays like swat instead.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If I see another post about the medals being bad I swear I am about to RKO someone.

We know. They can be turned off. STFU. Please. kthxbye.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I see another post about the medals being bad I swear I am about to RKO someone.

We know. They can be turned off. STFU. Please. kthxbye.

you can tell who hasn't been paying attention to the mcc announcements by the medal complaints lol...reminded me of ppl in the twitch chats during the tourneys asking if classic halo 2 was gonna be on the disc...do ya googles, bro...damn

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey have you guys seen those medals, don't they just look awful?  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2