CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

haha, looks like we all know what we are going to do first when we get into the MCC menu. H2C looks fantastic, can't wait to see some full gameplay by the 343 Pro Team.

I've seen everything I've wanted to see out of MCC except for menus/navigation, and how customization is gonna work. Other than, that, I'm gravy.

"Wake me.. when you need me." on November 11th to run H2C customs or Team Hardcore lolz

And as well - and I could be wrong - but I'm pretty sure this footage is from about a month or so ago from when IGN played the MCC at the 343 studios. A lot can change in a month, especially something as simple as bugged medals.

Why was this same logic not applied to the H1 footage yesterday lol? 

And as well - and I could be wrong - but I'm pretty sure this footage is from about a month or so ago from when IGN played the MCC at the 343 studios. A lot can change in a month, especially something as simple as bugged medals.

Sounds about right!

Stinkles - NeoGAF

Almost every time you see video, it's from an older build. Stability, then production times, then whatever gap there is between our delivery of the assets and when they air. Usually you should assume at LEAST a month and for live events, depends what we're showing but we've shown three month old stuff because it's stable and tested before.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Absolutely embarrassing that 343 didn't fix the Carbine. Don't tie a weapon speed to the FPS. It's that simple. Gotta wonder what else is still broken then.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Why was this same logic not applied to the H1 footage yesterday lol? 

It's a big difference and I can understand the frustrations of the die hard Halo One fans out there. Bugged medals in a non finished game is one thing. Having a game that is different from the original that was talked about is a much bigger beast. I can see both sides of the argument - meaning the way 343 talked about the past Halo games being remade and the fact that Halo One was going to have some PC parts added to it was inevitable -  but it goes past medals being added when so much was different, and worse, in Halo One on PC than on console. I guarantee the version of Halo One that is shipped will be different from the IGN videos, but it comes down to how much different and how close it is to the console version rather than the PC version. Again, I see both sides of the situation.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've seen everything I've wanted to see out of MCC except for menus/navigation, and how customization is gonna work. Other than, that, I'm gravy.

"Wake me.. when you need me." on November 11th to run H2C customs or Team Hardcore lolz

I'm the same way. If the menus are anything like Halo 4's, I'll be incredibly sad. I could deal with the way Reach did it, but I liked Halo 3/2's most. 

Classic lobbies for a classic series. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Absolutely embarrassing that 343 didn't fix the Carbine. Don't tie a weapon speed to the FPS. It's that simple. Gotta wonder what else is still broken then.

Saltiness can be sweetened for once in the past fifteen pages, or month, for that matter.

thank god we can turn off those medals tho, don't really need 8 medals for a double kill with a rocket. looks silky smooth otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is with 343 not wanting to use classic style Halo medals? Why are they trying to "force" Halo 4 style medals? Is it because Bungie made the classic medals? I really wish we'd have more of a Halo Reach medal style for Halo 5 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a big difference and I can understand the frustrations of the die hard Halo One fans out there. Bugged medals in a non finished game is one thing. Having a game that is different from the original that was talked about is a much bigger beast. I can see both sides of the argument - meaning the way 343 talked about the past Halo games being remade and the fact that Halo One was going to have some PC parts added to it was inevitable -  but it goes past medals being added when so much was different, and worse, in Halo One on PC than on console. I guarantee the version of Halo One that is shipped will be different from the IGN videos, but it comes down to how much different and how close it is to the console version rather than the PC version. Again, I see both sides of the situation.

Yeah, I was mainly referring to the part where you pointed out that this footage and yesterdays footage are probably at least a month old. I definitely understand most peoples frustrations with the H1 we saw yesterday. But some people were acting as if it was shot yesterday and the game had already gone gold. I'm with you though, only time will tell what version of H1 we get and what it feels like. 

Anybody know what disabling the medals does with respect to the H2C medals? Or are those forever gone... Killtac/Overkill could be seen as an issue..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buffed carbine is trill.

Spawning with a single shot rifle in halo 2 over burst, given the levels of bullet magnetism, would widen the skill gap.

A stronger carbine makes this possibility more viable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

well the h2 gameplay looks great but why the F**K do they feel the need to change the medals?!? Seriuosly. "releasing the game as it was released in 2004 post update 3"...  Then put the medals back to the original. Those h4 medals are terrible, the sticky medal is a disgrace. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

well the h2 gameplay looks great but why the F**K do they feel the need to change the medals?!? Seriuosly. "releasing the game as it was released in 2004 post update 3"...  Then put the medals back to the original. Those h4 medals are terrible, the sticky medal is a disgrace. 

you can change them back to the original.

Still skeptical as I probably wont have my questions answered until I play it myself. Those being:

1. Button Glitch timing the same as OG?

2. Lunge distances? (I've heard they are much shorter in H2V)

3. Is wall glitching as effective as OG?

The lunge distance feels shorter because of the decreased FOV (the camera is moved forward a bit in front of the spartan model), therefore it seems like you need to get closer, but the lunge distance is in fact the same. Since some weapons' fire-rate like the BR/carbine are tied to the frame-rate, double-shots need to be done faster (about twice as fast). The other combos like BXR and LXX work the same at 60fps. Unless they mess with the code to make the fire-rate independent of the frame-rate, then expect the BR and carbine's fire-rate and double-shot speed to be faster.  If they do try to separate the fire-rate from the frame-rate to slow it down then it'll probably fix the double-shot glitch as a side-effect though. :/